[ADWD] Brienne Collecting Jaime

koifishkid

You seemingly contradict yourself. First you argue that GRRM needs to start eliminating POVs only to theorize that the next time we see Jaime and Brienne it will from the POV of another character

-- which, given their location, means that a new POV will have to be created or an old one returned (i.e., Catelyn).

No contradiction. We don't know their location. Both characters have gone missing, and I think they will remain missing .... until they re-appear in the POV of a previously-established character.

Time has marched on, and GRRM decided not to tell us what happened in their last known location.

You also over-exaggerate the issue of 20+ story threads.

Hopefully, because otherwise there is no hope. But that depends on what GRRM does next.

• 9 months later...

If Brienne died and became UnBrienne, we assume that it's Catelyn who gave her the lord's kiss. Wouldn't that have killed her? It killed Beric, but I'm not sure whether he died solely because of the "kiss" (the act itself drained his energy, and would have done the same even if he hadn't be brought to life 6 times) or because he gave the kiss while he had been resurrected a dozen times and that took away all his power. If the first, UnBrienne is out of the question.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

No way Brienne died, in my mind she screamed for her sword when she was hanging. 

As for her face being covered, wouldn't that be due to the bite on her cheek from that dude (cant remember his name, was in AffC)

I think it will come to a duel between Brienne and Jaimie, and Brieene will sacrifice herself for him

• 2 weeks later...

If Brienne died and became UnBrienne, we assume that it's Catelyn who gave her the lord's kiss. Wouldn't that have killed her? It killed Beric, but I'm not sure whether he died solely because of the "kiss" (the act itself drained his energy, and would have done the same even if he hadn't be brought to life 6 times) or because he gave the kiss while he had been resurrected a dozen times and that took away all his power. If the first, UnBrienne is out of the question.

I know this is responding to a thread that began four years ago, but something grates in my mind with the whole un-Brienne thing. Lady Stoneheart would have to 'sacrifice' herself in order to breathe 'life' into Brienne. Lady Stoneheart is consumed by a desire for revenge. I can't imagine that she would surrender what passes for her life until she is avenged and secures the safety of her daughters.

I've often wondered how Martin will write Jaime out of this scenario, as I do not feel he is not yet done with the Kingslayer. Martin, after all, is not infallible, and the temperament of the characters involved have backed him into a corner. I find it somewhat of a stretch that Stoneheart (whose is the embodiment of vengeance) would have even given Brienne a second chance. Put simply, Brienne failed, either return her girls or Jaime to his cell. Now she's traipsing around with a note from Tommen, a sword from Jaime, and a Lannister squire. The why's and how's of her failure wouldn't factor in toouch. So her being released at all seems to fall into writer's convenience.

Brienne herself seems unlikely to aid Jaime if it means the innocent Pod's life, no matter if she believes Jaime has turned over a new leaf or if she loves him. Wouldn't be congruent with her character thus far. As Stannis says, good deeds do not wash out past bad deeds; and Jaime has few good deeds.

I can't see any kind of a fair trial (can't see any kind of trial really that benefits Jaime), as Lem said "we don't know about a lord's honor, we know about some murder though".

The only thing I can see is a "divine intervention" or major coincidence, such as the Blackfish showing up in the nick of time and changing the course of events. Jaime is more valuable alive than dead, there are Robb's men they could still trade him for (Edmure, Greatjon, etc.), and the Blackfish may be the only man left alive with a chance to rein in Stoneheart.

Archived