Best Lines of the Series (So Far)

Arkh

"I never win anything," Dolorous Edd complained. "The gods always smiled on Watt, though. When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?"

"Was it a long fall?" Grenn wanted to know. "Did landing in the pool of water save his life?"

"No," said Dolorous Edd. "He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks."

He's so funny... gonna think of some more later..

I lol'd on: "The night is dark and full of turnips."

But the one that gives me creeps every time I read it is this:

Now you know, the crow whispered as it sat on his shoulder. Now you know why you must live.

“Why?” said Bran, not understanding, falling, falling.

Because winter is coming.

This might not be what you had in mind, but one of my favorites is Arya's nightly prayer.

"Dunsen, Chiswyck, Polliver, Raff the Sweetling, The Tickler, the Hound. Ser Gregor, Ser Amory, Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, King Joffrey, and Queen Cersei"

He is laughing at me, realized Jaime Lannister. "For all I know you fucked my sister too, you pock-faced bastard," he spat out. "Well shut your bloody mouth and kill me if you can."

I know Jaime and Ilyn were practicing, but that line made me laugh hard.

Same. He has a lot of good one-sided dialogue with Payne. Another one I like after Jaime stops babbling at him and Payne gives him a creepy smile - "You talk too much."

Tyrion:"Tell me, Bronn. If I told you to kill a babe ... an infant girl, say, still at her mother's breast ... would you do it? Without question?

Bronn:"Without question? No." The sellsword rubbed thumb and forefinger together. "I'd ask how much."

"Lord Umber," said Robb, "This one was only the watcher. Hang him last, so he may watch the others die."

"I shit better men than you." the Hound

Archived