Best Lines of the Series (So Far)

Arkh

The Old Bear to Sam: "my lady mother always told me that if I stood about with my mouth open, a weasel was like to mistake it for his lair and run down my throat. If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise, beware of weasels."

This made me giggle!

LOL he should say that to Jon on the show though :laugh:

here is some:

sometimes I love Cersei, and I love the Tyrells too by the way:

Loras: “Your Grace will not find any man half so skilled with sword and lance as I.”

Cersei: "Humble, aren’t we?"

Cersei:"Ser Loras is so Tyrell he pisses rosewater."

Cersei: (her face bruising from Robert's blow) "I shall wear this as a badge of honor."

Robert Baratheon: "Wear it in silence or I'll honor you again."

Tyrion: "I am sorry for your loss as well, Joffrey."

King Joffrey: "What loss?"

Tyrion: "Your royal father? A large fierce man with a black beard; you'll recall him if you try. He was king before you."

Considerably more than 25 words, but it needs to be quoted in full, I think:

“Jaime,” she said, tugging on his ear, “sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna’s breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg, and there’s some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak . . . but Tyrion is Tywin’s son, not you. I said so once to your father’s face, and he would not speak to me for half a year. Men are such thundering great fools. Even the sort who come along once in a thousand years.” -- Genna Lannister

Most of the best ones have been quoted. Sticking to the 25 word rule:-

"Yet, mayhaps it is for the best. Had the boy lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey."

"Savor each moutful my Lords. I know that I shall."

"I'll stand for the dwarf."

"What would a bunch of bloody peasants know about a Lord's honour? We know some about murder, though."

"A dwarf's cock has magical powers." "I've always told the girls that."

"Come on Nursey, all that shitwater has to be replaced. I've made you some nice dog-tail soup, with some slivers of mushroom."

"The last words Nurse ever spoke were "No." The last words he ever heard were "A Lannister always pays his debts.""

• 2 weeks later...

“No,” said Lommy. “You got to carry me.”

“Think so?”

"That requires stealing a leaf from my brother's book. Not that Robert ever read one."

"How much did you steal from me, I wonder?"

Not enough that you ever missed a meal.

she smashed her own horn in his face, so hard she chipped a tooth. Years later at a feast, she heard him telling a serving wench how he’d cracked the tooth in a mêlée. Well, our marriage was a mêlée, she reflected, so he did not lie.

"the King in the North arises. Seems we killed some of your men, Your Grace. Oh, but I’ll make you an apology, that will mend them all again, heh."

Archived