Is Jon Snow the true hero of this series?

Davos' fingertip

well so far it would seem he is the only one who can unite the whole realm. King of the North, Lord Commander of the Night's watch, King of Iron throne, and King of Wildlings. so. yeah. plus hes not a virgin.

I have to disagree with you about Stannis being set up as a "villain." I think with Jon's support he will end up on the Iron Throne.

Further, like many other posters I believe that Dany is being set up to be Jon's main antagonist. I say antagonist instead of villain because I don't see GRRM making the inevitable conflict between Jon and Dany a battle of evil v. good.

I respectfully disagree. Stannis has only been kept in the series up to now, so that he could be exposed as a fake AA. His fate is to make Dany look good.

Happy to say that Stannis will never sit on the throne...

I respectfully disagree. Stannis has only been kept in the series up to now, so that he could be exposed as a fake AA. His fate is to make Dany look good.

Happy to say that Stannis will never sit on the throne...

Not even dragons can make Dany look good. Jon is the hero Dany is the mummer pretender

Jon Snow is:

-very dutiful.

-Knows people.

-Smart and resourceful.

-Very good fighter.

-Powerful warg with untapped potential.

-Charismatic.

-Has a solid tactical and logistical grasp.

-Has the best direwolf of the litter bunch.

-His mistakes do not stem from his character flaws.

All the signs show him to be main hero.

Jon Snow is:

-very dutiful.

-Knows people.

-Smart and resourceful.

-Very good fighter.

-Powerful warg with untapped potential.

-Charismatic.

-Has a solid tactical and logistical grasp.

-Has the best direwolf of the litter bunch.

-His mistakes do not stem from his character flaws.

All the signs show him to be main hero.

adding: Good to look at :cool4:

I don't know if he can be the hero if he is AA, a hero must chose to do the right thing, no predestined to do it. We should wait and see, the hero of the series will sacrifice himself for the good of the innocent and won't come back

If Jon is AA/TPTWP he is the most important hero in the story. A person's choices shape their destiny, their destiny does not shape their choices. In others words a person's destiny is based on the choices that person will make based on who they are. That is why people cannot change their destiny. That is also the problem with prophecy in the series. The characters cannot fight the prophecies, because the prophecies have already taken into account every choice they will make.

I think that makes sense. It's rather hard to explain. :unsure:

I have to disagree with you about Stannis being set up as a "villain." I think with Jon's support he will end up on the Iron Throne.

Further, like many other posters I believe that Dany is being set up to be Jon's main antagonist. I say antagonist instead of villain because I don't see GRRM making the inevitable conflict between Jon and Dany a battle of evil v. good.

:agree: Stannis has not been set up as a villian. GRRM even called him a "righteous man". Stannis is misguided, but his intentions are noble.

The guy who didn't have a POV?

That's why I said it wasn't quite the same. But nonetheless, I could easily see an argument being made pre-ASOS that if anything, that was a sign that he WAS the hero. Heroes are the people we see through others' eyes, through tale and legend and story and myth. It would take all the magic out of it if we heard their thoughts.

Let me quote myself from another thread:

Darkstar is the main protagonist of the story. What happens is that Jon and Bran have become the agents of the Great Other, and they have been killed. But to have this announced the hope of the people of Westeros will be destroyed. So Darkstar pretends to be the one who murdered Stannis and Danny, king and queen of the Westeros, so Jon remains in the memory of people as the one who desroyed the threat of the others.

Because he's the hero Westeros deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark star.

Archived