Video Games: You Game Like a Young Man, With Nothing Held Back. Admirable, But Mistaken.

Sivin

I have now saved this image so that when I have a bad day and am feeling bad, I can look at it for a quick pick-me-up.

EDIT: Feel free to IM me with questions, Ran. Or whisper me in game, nickname Raiser.

Same goes for me, nicks are Illumed and Kotc. Neither characters very far along but if anyone wants to do anything, message in-game.

If the almighty Dean Hall says it is so then it is so. Also I'd like to see the Mayans tell me I won't be able to play DayZ standalone to my face, they'd have to come up with a different date or I'd slaughter them all with my superior white man technology.

Huh?

Is that a reference to 'The Ring'? I thought that they only said that to one person at a time.

It's a reference to the theory that according to the Mayan calendar the world will end on the 21st. I am informed that really all it is is that the calendar only went up that high.

The Secret World is running an End of Days ARG themed around it right now.

Oh, the Mayan thing. I thought that happened already. Do we really have to use board space to talk about that? Even when joking, it's just stupid now. I'm not dissing you Show, I just personally don't find that amusing. It's really just annoying.

Oh, the Mayan thing. I thought that happened already. Do we really have to use board space to talk about that? Even when joking, it's just stupid now. I'm not dissing you Show, I just personally don't find that amusing. It's really just annoying.

It will be over soon.

One way or the other. ;)

Thanks for the consideration, BTW. You should see the replies to me in OTHER threads. :bang:

We're all gonna have a lot of egg on our face if this apocalypse happens though. In fact, maybe that's the form it will take; a torrent of eggs drowning the world.

Anyway, back on topic. What with the being Jewish and all, I'm going to have a lot of free time to myself later this month and will easily finish my ME trilogy replay during that time. I've also realized that I've fallen a bit behind the releases this year (I think ME3, BL2, Dishonored, and XCOM were the only new games I bought) and can probably get some holiday discounts. Which is the best of the following: Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman: Absolution, Halo 4? I have a pretty good sense of what FC 3, AC 3, and H4 are (although not necessarily how they compare to each other); but I don't know much about what MP3 and HA are like.

Sorry the board is not catering adequately to your taste.

It will be over soon.

One way or the other. ;)

Thanks for the consideration, BTW. You should see the replies to me in OTHER threads. :bang:

This is easily the most civil and respectful forum I've ever seen. But we can be tough on new guys.

Sorry the board is not catering adequately to your taste.

You damn well better be sorry. You know that I have Ran's ear, right?

Well I finished a couple of ME 3 play throughs now and I'm not sure which one I found more satisfying; my super-paragon who saved the galaxy (but not

the Geth :(, I don't really care about EDI

) or my sociopathic renegade who now rules the cosmos through his reapers.

Now time to try Empire: Total War. And more Peggle on the xbox.

Which is the best of the following: Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman: Absolution, Halo 4? I have a pretty good sense of what FC 3, AC 3, and H4 are (although not necessarily how they compare to each other); but I don't know much about what MP3 and HA are like.

PC or console? I'm guessing console here.

I have MP3 on PC and its ok. It has been consolized but there's still a lot of fun to be had with ol' Max and the mouse is superior for shooters anyway. I'm planning on getting FC3, heard good things about it on all platforms. AC3 and Hitman I dunno, not my type of game, but its apparently not that good. Halo 4 I dunno cuz it never hit PC, but it seems like its getting high scores everywhere.

Which is the best of the following: Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman: Absolution, Halo 4? I have a pretty good sense of what FC 3, AC 3, and H4 are (although not necessarily how they compare to each other); but I don't know much about what MP3 and HA are like.

If you are on xbox then it's between Halo 4 and AC3.

If you want an amazing FPS with extremely fun multiplayer and great campaign then you probably want Halo 4. If you want a mediocre linear 3rd person action game then you probably want AC3

If you want to experience the full potential of the other games get a gaming pc.

PC or console? I'm guessing console here.

I have MP3 on PC and its ok. It has been consolized but there's still a lot of fun to be had with ol' Max and the mouse is superior for shooters anyway. I'm planning on getting FC3, heard good things about it on all platforms. AC3 and Hitman I dunno, not my type of game, but its apparently not that good. Halo 4 I dunno cuz it never hit PC, but it seems like its getting high scores everywhere.

If you are on xbox then it's between Halo 4 and AC3.

If you want an amazing FPS with extremely fun multiplayer and great campaign then you probably want Halo 4. If you want a mediocre linear 3rd person action game then you probably want AC3

If you want to experience the full potential of the other games get a gaming pc.

Not getting into the debate again, but I hate pc gaming (outside of strategy games) so its a 360 all the way for me.

I had heard that AC3 was rather disappointing, so I was already kinda leaning against it. But I have played the rest of the series so it would seem a shame to abandon it unless I was sure it wasn't good.

Archived