Has Tyrion already encountered Drogon?

RadSam

IMHO the two possibilities for the fourth dragon are Winterfell and Summerhall. WF has been argued and chewed over, plus I don't think it has much chance of being possible, but the conflagration at Summerhall left few survivors to say whether or not they had truly awoken dragon eggs. It is totes Crackpot, but I think there is a plausibility that the entire Targaryen family (sans Jaeheyrys II, Aerys II, his queen and infant son) might have at least perished to succeed where all other evidence suggest their defeat in carrying out their goal. Smoking towers and prophecies and suchlike being what they are, I can only speculate.

Ockham's razor will suggest that sailing in lands comparatively close to Valyria might occasion encounters with dragons.

I think the part leading to the Sorrows has lots of nods to Lovecraftian horror and tales about the Lost worlds, and creatures with leathery wings are often mentioned in horror stories without futher descriptions - as a part of the scenery. So I think here it serves to set a mood and maybe to foreshadow him meeting Dany's dragons.

Archived