Countdown to the Asia Premiere

Ordos

Now that the first episode has aired in the US, six more days for us fellow Asian viewers!

Cripes, that must be maddening! Just curious, do you guys willfully spoil yourselves on these boards, reading what viewers have to say about the episode before you see it? And, why the delay, any idea?

Cripes, that must be maddening! Just curious, do you guys willfully spoil yourselves on these boards, reading what viewers have to say about the episode before you see it? And, why the delay, any idea?

Well I cannot speak for others but I've read the books so what does it matter to me? The delay? As I said before, they need time to edit out the profanity and nudity. I think HBO Asia is not given copies of the episodes before it's aired in the States.

So, HBO Asia cut the opening "flashback" scenes of Ned. :bs: My friends didn't get what was so important about that scene (it looked like ~just another day in Tywin Lannister's life~) before I explained whose sword was being melted down .. And then they were like, "Oh :(" .. It's really too bad that some people had to miss that moment, that's my fav in 4.01.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched. HBO Asia omitted the part in Episode 5 where Bran decides not to alert Jon to his presence at Craster's Keep while Jon was fighting the mutineers. The last we see of Bran, Hodor and the Reeds was after Bran warged into Hodor and killed Locke.

I know of this scene only by internet content.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people keep asking me "Why don't you just watch it online?" Well I'm going to spell it out today here for you guys. If you have ANY practical solution for me, then do let me know. Keep in mind also that I'm not the smartest person when it comes to computers and technology. I don't own a smartphone or Iphone.

1. I don't want to dowload/stream/torrent any TV episode obtained illegally online. Doing so would infect my computer with a nasty virus or have a man in a brown uniform and peaked cap (police) knocking at my door.

2. What about legally from the HBO website? For those of you who don't know, online purchasing is non-existent in Indonesia. If I tried to pay to watch it, no foreigner will accept any payment from an Indonesian bank account because they don't trust it for one reason or another.

There is one loophole. I could have my brothers who live in Europe or my father who has a foreign bank account help me with that. But they have better things to do with their time and money than to accommodate my need to watch an American TV show.

In the last episode (4.07) during the heavily edited scene of naked!Mel & Selyse, there's this bit when Mel was explaining various kinds of potions. One line was cut out to avoid showing Mel's butt, which totally changed the implication of their convo:

Mel: And this one produces black smoke that makes the bravest men piss themselves in fear.

Selyse: Did you use it on Stannis?

:lmao: My poor king.

A lot of people keep asking me "Why don't you just watch it online?" Well I'm going to spell it out today here for you guys. If you have ANY practical solution for me, then do let me know. Keep in mind also that I'm not the smartest person when it comes to computers and technology. I don't own a smartphone or Iphone.

1. I don't want to dowload/stream/torrent any TV episode obtained illegally online. Doing so would infect my computer with a nasty virus or have a man in a brown uniform and peaked cap (police) knocking at my door.

2. What about legally from the HBO website? For those of you who don't know, online purchasing is non-existent in Indonesia. If I tried to pay to watch it, no foreigner will accept any payment from an Indonesian bank account because they don't trust it for one reason or another.

There is one loophole. I could have my brothers who live in Europe or my father who has a foreign bank account help me with that. But they have better things to do with their time and money than to accommodate my need to watch an American TV show.

Illegal options through well know torrent sites are safe as far as computer security is concerned. Alternatively, Popcorn Time is also safe. I don't know about how, or if, Indonesia law enforcement police the use of torrents. I understand that proxys and other sort of stuff can be used so the ISP doesn't realize it's a torrent and thus, the law breaker can get away with it. I don't know the details of how that works, though.

However, since I assume this forum won't support advising people to pirate the show, I'll have to say that you'll have to suffer HBO Asia self imposed censorship, because freedom of expression (to show boobs) isn't as important as HBO receiving a cut of your money. I write this to clear some misconceptions about illegal downloads and computer security.

Heck, any perfectly legal download from Softonic is probably worse, as far as malware is concerned, that every single illegal movie in Popcorn Time and 99% of the movies and series in well established torrent sites.

In the last episode (4.07) during the heavily edited scene of naked!Mel & Selyse, there's this bit when Mel was explaining various kinds of potions. One line was cut out to avoid showing Mel's butt, which totally changed the implication of their convo:

:lmao: My poor king.

LOL

I read about all the scenes that occurred in the episode and read reactions to it to satiate my appetite until I can watch it :(

Same here. Can't help myself, though I might try to resist for 4x10. Not sure I'll manage.

Fortunately I only have to wait 24 hours so it's fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

With HBO Asia airing new series episodes within 24 hours of the USA premiere recently (they did it with the final season of Boardwalk Empire), hopefully they will do the same with Game of Thrones. Looks like they are giving copies of the episodes to producers in Asia early so they can edit out the nudity in time. But of course the Americans get the privilege of watching it first.

Well, here in Taiwan we get the Season 4 DVD, um, today I think, a week or two before it's available in North America - if that's any consolation at all.

I hope it's got the bonus features on it this time. I think it was season two that was missing all the commentaries, which was rather annoying. Last year I just ordered the USA version because it had Chinese subtitles (for my partner) - but this year that one doesn't have Chinese.

• 4 months later...

With the censorship here in Asia, I fear the walk of shame scene will be removed completely. I would hope they could carefully edit it by removing a few frames and zooming in some frames to Cercei's head and shoulders. Ideally I would prefer they just blur out the parts we are not allowed to see.

Archived