Jon Snow, Azor Ahai reborn, Melisandre

lost_stark

I'd like to begin by apologising if this overlaps other threads but i havent seen the theory I'm about to run past you anywhere else and I'm looking for other peoples opinions on it.

Firstly I'll begin by explaining that I'm positive Jon Snow isn't dead, I believe he's now been relieved of his duties as head of the Nights Watch. I think that in the next books we will see him leave behind the Old Gods in favour of R'hllor, meaning each Stark child follows a different god, Bran the Old Gods, Arya the Many-Faced god and Sansa the Seven.

Now, for the theory I wish to bounce off of you all: Jon Snow will create Lightbringer by killing Melisandre. I've read people who believe in order to create Lightbringer Jon will kill his favourite sibling Arya but I don't believe that works, the relationship between a lover such as Azor Ahai's wife and a sibling is totally different. More than once Jon has mistaken Melisandre for his now deceased love Ygritte. On top of this everything about Melisandre revolves around fire and this specific prophecy. To conclude its my belief that in order to fulfil the whole 'Azor Ahai reborn' prophecy and create Lightbringer Jon Snow will eventually kill Melisandre, further more I believe due to her devotion to R'hllor she may even encourage it.

Opinions?

Firstly I'll begin by explaining that I'm positive Jon Snow isn't dead, I believe he's now been relieved of his duties as head of the Nights Watch. I think that in the next books we will see him leave behind the Old Gods in favour of R'hllor, meaning each Stark child follows a different god, Bran the Old Gods, Arya the Many-Faced god and Sansa the Seven.

First, welcome to the forum. May you have the pleasent time here just like the rest of us...

As for this passage, I have to say it's problematic for me. Jon doesn't like R'hllor that much, he respects Old Gods very much, the same can be said for Sansa. She spents equal time in Sept and Godswood in KL. Yes, Alayne is supposed to be raised with Septas, but Alayne is just a mask, and while Arya is apprentice at House of Black and White, she is very much connected to her First Men roots and Old Gods through warging. So, I wouldn't say that Starks are following different Gods.

There's no definitive evidence that lightbringer needs to be recreated/reforged/re-enacted. Either literally or metaphorically (whichever way you swing), the prophecy only mentions a warrior pulling a burning blade from the flames, and that it would be lightbringer and the person who clasps it will be Azhor Azhai reborn.

If more evidence that the legend of the forging as told to Davos is significant and related to the whole 'second coming' prophesy I might change my mind on that, but as it stands I'm of a mind that these are separate bits of info given for different reasons.

Melisandre is not dear to Jon, as Nissa Nissa should be to Azor Ahai, if the prophecy can be believed. In fact, he actually resents her.

If one supposes that Jon is Azor Ahai, Melisandre appearing as Ygritte does not make her Nissa Nissa and thus not the adequate/required sacrifice.

Melisandre is not dear to Jon, as Nissa Nissa should be to Azor Ahai, if the prophecy can be believed. In fact, he actually resents her.

If one supposes that Jon is Azor Ahai, Melisandre appearing as Ygritte does not make her Nissa Nissa and thus not the adequate/required sacrifice.

If Jon kills her in cold blood, it could be his honor he was sacrificing. That is something that he holds above pretty much evening else except for maybe family.

If Jon kills her in cold blood, it could be his honor he was sacrificing. That is something that he holds above pretty much evening else except for maybe family.

He holds his honor and his word very high, yes, so it would be a sacrifice of sorts. Not in the originial sense of the prophecy; as in: sacrificing a loved one, namely Arya or Ygritte, though.

And although he holds his honor very high, it is not something he fervently loves/loved, like Ygritte.

He holds his honor and his word very high, yes, so it would be a sacrifice of sorts. Not in the originial sense of the prophecy; as in: sacrificing a loved one, namely Arya or Ygritte, though.

And although he holds his honor very high, it is not something he fervently loves/loved, like Ygritte.

When the time came, he fought against Ygritte..... because of his honor.

When the time came, he fought against Ygritte..... because of his honor.

Yes, I know, and despite the fact that he did not actually kill her himself, I consider this a remote possibility for her being his nissa nissa, this thread however, is about him killing Melisandre and her being nissa nissa.

• 1 year later...

Archived