Jeyne's whip marks

When Theon undresses Jeyne on her wedding night she has whip marks on her back. She also says she was "trained".

Since Barbrey Dustin didn't allow Ramsay to see the bride before the marriage, I think it is safe to say that the marks were Littlefinger's doing.

I'm guessing that Littlefinger made her work as a prostitute and because she wasn't cooperative he would have her whipped until she was so broken she wouldn't protest.

Is there any evidence to suggest I'm wrong? Littlefinger is worse than an animal.

I think you're right. In one of the Theon chapters, Jeyne says something to him like, "If you'll help me, I'll be your whore," That's not something that a highborn girl who pals around with Sansa Stark would say unless she has been trained or groomed to think of herself that way. We already know from the first book (with Catelyn) that LF uses his brothers as discreet hiding places for people.

I think you're right. In one of the Theon chapters, Jeyne says something to him like, "If you'll help me, I'll be your whore," That's not something that a highborn girl who pals around with Sansa Stark would say unless she has been trained or groomed to think of herself that way. We already know from the first book (with Catelyn) that LF uses his brothers as discreet hiding places for people.

Yep, that too. Old Jeyne would have never said such a thing. Jaime had also noted how scared she was when she was introduced to him.

Jeyne is not highborn, just the daughter of the Winterell steward. Cersei says towards the end of AGOT that she had given her to LF.

LF has brothers!? LOL j/k I know it was a typo. :cool4:

I agree w/ you OP I thought that it was a given. She probably recieved some similar instruction as the "Blue Bard", at least until she started "singing the right song". :crying: sad...

When Theon undresses Jeyne on her wedding night she has whip marks on her back. She also says she was "trained".

Since Barbrey Dustin didn't allow Ramsay to see the bride before the marriage, I think it is safe to say that the marks were Littlefinger's doing.

I'm guessing that Littlefinger made her work as a prostitute and because she wasn't cooperative he would have her whipped until she was so broken she wouldn't protest.

Is there any evidence to suggest I'm wrong? Littlefinger is worse than an animal.

Nice catch. I think you're exactly right.

I just re-read this recently as well and her breasts were also covered with teeth-marks :stillsick: I sincerely hope Littlefinger and Ramsey both get what's coming to them.

The teethmarks were after the wedding, so I assume they were Ramsay's doing (or maybe the dogs). But the whip marks had to be Littlefinger.

The complication is.... Littlefinger prepped her (Cersei sent him to his "apartments" in Game of thrones) and gave her to Tywin to send to Bolton. Knowing full well what he plans to do with Sansa. It was probably all arranged by him. The whips just show how damaged the gift is and how little LF and Tywin think of Roose as well as making her more sympathetic. It should also be stated that Jamie saw through it in 2 seconds.

Littlefinger totally going to pwn the Freys and Boltons.

PS here is a ginormous blog some dude wrote about Jeyne. Its wordy, but well thought out.

http://branvras.free.fr/HuisClos/Bride.html

The complication is.... Littlefinger prepped her (Cersei sent him to his "apartments" in Game of thrones) and gave her to Tywin to send to Bolton. Knowing full well what he plans to do with Sansa. It was probably all arranged by him. The whips just show how damaged the gift is and how little LF and Tywin think of Roose as well as making her more sympathetic. It should also be stated that Jamie saw through it in 2 seconds.

Littlefinger totally going to pwn the Freys and Boltons.

I don't think Roose cared. When Roose told Jaime that "Lanisters lie" I think it was because he knew fully well he's not getting the real Arya and he didn't care.

I'm interested in knowing whether Littlefinger did it himself or left it to some subordinates. Considering his interest in Sansa a man who doesn't mind whipping girls to make sure they comply isn't someone you want hankering after you (bleh "hankering"? What am I 60?).

Oh, someone had an elegant theory of LF being disassembled by the Vale lords, come the winter. As to Ramsay, I'd rather have him reach old age, just to show that not all evil goes punished.

Oh, someone had an elegant theory of LF being disassembled by the Vale lords, come the winter. As to Ramsay, I'd rather have him reach old age, just to show that not all evil goes punished.

Ramsey and Roose are screwed. They might get away from Winterfell (unlikely I think), but they're only option then is to retreat to the Dreadfort in the middle of winter.

And their crime isn't to have been evil (Roose isn't really), it's that they failed to account for the North's loyalty to the Starks.

Oh yes, I'm not at all saying LF and Ramsey will go down in flames. It's just that I hope they do :devil:

Ramsey and Roose are screwed. They might get away from Winterfell (unlikely I think), but they're only option then is to retreat to the Dreadfort in the middle of winter.

And their crime isn't to have been evil (Roose isn't really), it's that they failed to account for the North's loyalty to the Starks.

I agree with you but I can't go so far as to think Roose isn't evil. He's just a much more controlled, intelligent evil than his son.

Archived