Jon's Immediate Future

Little Balerion

Haha, first he's Jon Snow right? He MIGHT get legitimized by Robb and becomes Jon Stark. If R+L=J is true and is somehow accepted in Westeros, he'll be Jon Targaryen.

Pretty much yes. :) Now think, does all of this actually change what he really is, a Targaryen? He is a Stark from his mother's side. Do you think it is appropriate for him to rule Winterfell? Robb will make him Stark thinking he is Snow while actually he is a Targ. So Robb's will wouldn't carry much weight. And the Northmen would likely rally around Rickon, a trueborn Stark.

Pretty much yes. :) Now think, does all of this actually change what he really is, a Targaryen? He is a Stark from his mother's side. Do you think it is appropriate for him to rule Winterfell? Robb will make him Stark thinking he is Snow while actually he is a Targ. So Robb's will wouldn't carry much weight. And the Northmen would likely rally around Rickon, a trueborn Stark.

Well, that wasn't my point. I was answering a question if he would be Jon Snow again. A possibility is, that for a short period of time, he might be known and he might identify himself as Jon Stark. That will of course not change his Targ heritage if R+L=J is true, which I believe it is.

Well, that wasn't my point. I was answering a question if he would be Jon Snow again. A possibility is, that for a short period of time, he might be known and he might identify himself as Jon Stark. That will of course not change his Targ heritage if R+L=J is true, which I believe it is.

I can totally respect that. :D

he's dead for good; why do u think he s coming back to life..?

I don't even think he actually died. And there are a few reasons why people believe he's coming back.

First, let's look at the POV deaths up until now. Ned's death was seen in the POV of Arya and Quentyn's in the POV of Barristan. Catelyn did die in her own POV, yet she was brought back later. If Jon doesn't come back, he will be the first POV to be fully killed off in his own POV.

Second, Martin has given us many fake deaths for POV's. Davos at Blackwater, Bran being pushed from the tower, and Tyrion falling in the river just to name a few.

Finally, Mel's vision and the Prologue chapter of DwD. Mel saw in her flames Jon, then Ghost, then Jon again. This supports my theory that Jon didn't die but warged into Ghost, which is why he didn't feel the fourth blade. We saw in the Prologue that this is possible. Varymar Sixskins, while dying, tried warging into a woman but instead had to warg into his wolf. Why would Martin show us that scene if it wasn't going to be used in some way later on? The Prologue foreshadows that a main character will eventually use that tactic and Mel's vision shows us that Jon will be the one who uses said tactic. So, while I don't think he ever died, but it is highly likely that he warged into Ghost.

I don't even think he actually died. And there are a few reasons why people believe he's coming back.

First, let's look at the POV deaths up until now. Ned's death was seen in the POV of Arya and Quentyn's in the POV of Barristan. Catelyn did die in her own POV, yet she was brought back later. If Jon doesn't come back, he will be the first POV to be fully killed off in his own POV.

Second, Martin has given us many fake deaths for POV's. Davos at Blackwater, Bran being pushed from the tower, and Tyrion falling in the river just to name a few.

Finally, Mel's vision and the Prologue chapter of DwD. Mel saw in her flames Jon, then Ghost, then Jon again. This supports my theory that Jon didn't die but warged into Ghost, which is why he didn't feel the fourth blade. We saw in the Prologue that this is possible. Varymar Sixskins, while dying, tried warging into a woman but instead had to warg into his wolf. Why would Martin show us that scene if it wasn't going to be used in some way later on? The Prologue foreshadows that a main character will eventually use that tactic and Mel's vision shows us that Jon will be the one who uses said tactic. So, while I don't think he ever died, but it is highly likely that he warged into Ghost.

he got is throat cut and stab many times, how the F he does die? mb he wil get stuck into ghost, but GRMM always surprise us; so my bet is on final death

I'm of the idea that Jon - even if he is not dead - will be a very different person upon recovery. First, if he IS dead, GRRM has already shown us that this changes a person. Beric Dondarrion could not remember details about his previous life, and Catelyn has become a merciless outlaw. Second, if he ISN'T dead, and merely severely injured, being betrayed by your Sworn Brothers is not something you just walk away from without any consequences. If he recovers (and I am sure that he will), he will not be the same Jon we have been getting to know over the course of this story. Imagine being stabbed multiple times by the people you thought were on your side. You would be angry upon recovering. You would exact some sort of revenge or justice or whatever you want to call it upon your betrayers. And hopefully, Jon will do the same.

he got is throat cut and stab many times, how the F he does die? mb he wil get stuck into ghost, but GRMM always surprise us; so my bet is on final death

Stabbed three times before losing consciousness. I don't have the book on hand but I'm almost positive he didn't get his throat cut, nor did he get hit in any vital spots, i.e. heart or head. Add that to the POV patterns Martin has employed and the heavy foreshadowing, and I find it highly unlikely that he is gone for good.

People argue that no vital spots were hit, but i am pretty sure that a stabbing wound in the belly is only survivable in Hollywoodland, especially without the means of modern medical treatment. I think the options for Jon (at last his human body) are bleeding out or slowly dying of a sepsis.

The stewards had long ago discovered that food and meat kept longer in the icy storerooms carved from the base of the Wall . . . but prisoners did not. "You will die in here Lord Snow," Ser Alliser Thorne had said

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt."

Jon is put into a coma by the stabbings, and Marsh mistakes a comatose Jon for a dead one and moves him to the ice cells next to the smoked and salted meats. The red star is Ser Partek whose sigil is a star, and is a follower of the Red God. Lord Snow will die in the ice cells, and a new Jon will be reborn.

When the man's flesh dies, his spirit lives on inside the beast, but every day his memory fades, and the beast becomes a little less a warg, a little more a wolf, until nothing of the man is left and only the beast remains."

"I fear no ghosts. Dragons are more powerful than ghosts."

Jon's spirit will be in Ghost while he's out, but his spirit/will is strong enough to keep him from dissipating into Ghost and remain intact.

In Russian folktales, Prince Lyubim is betrayed and murdered by his brothers only to be resurrected by the winged wolf. Jon, a prince, is betrayed and attacked by his brothers.

"Sometimes I dream about it," he said. "I’m walking down this long empty hall. My voice echoes all around, but no one answers, so I walk faster, opening doors, shouting names. I don’t even know who I’m looking for. Most nights it’s my father, but sometimes it’s Robb instead, or my little sister Arya, or my uncle." The thought of Benjen Stark saddened him; his uncle was still missing. The Old Bear had sent out rangers in search of him. Ser Jaremy Rykker had led two sweeps, and Quorin Halfhand had gone forth from the Shadow Tower, but they’d found nothing aside from a few blazes in the trees that his uncle had left to mark his way. In the stony highlands to the northwest, the marks stopped abruptly and all trace of Ben Stark vanished.

"Do you ever find anyone in your dream?" Sam asked.

Jon shook his head. "No one. The castle is always empty." He had never told anyone of the dream, and he did not understand why he was telling Sam now, yet somehow it felt good to talk of it. "Even the ravens are gone from the rookery, and the stables are full of bones. That always scares me. I start to run then, throwing open doors, climbing the tower three steps at a time, screaming for someone, for anyone. And then I find myself in front of the door to the crypts. It’s black inside, and I can see the steps spiraling down. Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I don’t want to. I’m afraid of what might be waiting for me. The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but it’s not them I’m afraid of. I scream that I’m not a Stark, that this isn’t my place, but it’s no good, I have to go anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way. It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream." He stopped, frowning, embarrassed. "That’s when I always wake.

The mention of dreams reminded him. “I dreamed about the crow again last night. The one with three eyes. He flew into my bedchamber and told me to come with him, so I did. We went down to the crypts. Father was there, and we talked. He was sad.”

“And why was that?” Luwin peered through his tube.

“It was something to do about Jon, I think.” The dream had been deeply disturbing, more so than any of the other crow dreams.

When the time comes, I [Ned] will tell him myself.

He will meet an image/apparition of Ned who tells Jon the truth about his parentage, like Arthur's foster father, Sir Ector, told Arthur about his true parentage. He may even possibly meet his mother, Lyanna, in a parallel to Jaime's dream at the end of AFfC where he sees his mother, Joanna, and asks how can he know someone he never knew; the same can be said for Jon in regards to his mother.

And then her [Asha] back came up hard against a tree, and she could dance no more.

Asha had walked out with Aly Mormont to have a closer look at its slitted red eyes and bloody mouth. It's only sap, she'd told herself, the red sap that flows inside these weirwoods. But her eyes were unconvinced; seeing was believing, and what they saw was frozen blood.

Asha will die in the Battle of Ice when she finds herself backed against the weirwood tree, and her blood is spilled onto the weirwood, and with the title of her last POV being "The Sacrifice" even though she wasn't being sacrificed, her death will be an unintentional blood sacrifice which will be used by BR and Bran to pay for the life of Jon.

Under the sea the crows are white as snow.

The light of the half-moon turned Val's honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow.

Jon did not intend to be remembered as Sleepy Jon Snow.

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

This is a reference to "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" as the dwarfs thought Snow White was dead when she was in a coma, and she was kept in a glass coffin (Jon sees ice scraping off the Wall and thinks of glass gardens). With Jon being the blue rose given R+L and Dany's vision at the HotU, this is a reference to "Sleeping Beauty", also known as "The Little Briar Rose" where a prince kisses the princess who then awakes (which is also a version of Snow White). I know BR and Bran will help Jon, and when that happens Jon will wake up the moment Val, called the "wildling princess," kisses him, seeing as he feels something against his lips.

People argue that no vital spots were hit, but i am pretty sure that a stabbing wound in the belly is only survivable in Hollywoodland, especially without the means of modern medical treatment. I think the options for Jon (at last his human body) are bleeding out or slowly dying of a sepsis.

He wasn't stabbed in the head or heart; nor did he have his throat slit. All of these would be sudden death. And I could see him surviving a stab to the belly. I wish I knew exactly how deep it went so it would be easier to assess his chance of survival, a chance that might be higher with Melisandre's magic. We've seen her do some impressive things, so maybe she could heal a wound that often leads to death in their world. Remember, her powers are stronger on the Wall. And it's not like other characters haven't survived grievous wounds. Tyrion had his face sliced at Blackwater and Victarion would have died if not for a red priest. And with all of the foreshadowing, it at least seems clear that he will warg Ghost and eventually go back into his body. Whether he has to die or not for this to happen is up for debate, but I'm of the opinion that he warged into Ghost and while in his comatose state, will heal, likely with help from Mel. After all, he wouldn't be the first warg to suffer an injury that should have been fatal but ended up surviving anyway (I'm looking at you Bran).

Jon did not intend to be remembered as Sleepy Jon Snow.

This is a reference to "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" as the dwarfs thought Snow White was dead when she was in a coma, and she was kept in a glass coffin (Jon sees ice scraping off the Wall and thinks of glass gardens). With Jon being the blue rose given R+L and Dany's vision at the HotU, this is a reference to "Sleeping Beauty", also known as "The Little Briar Rose" where a prince kisses the princess who then awakes (which is also a version of Snow White). I know BR and Bran will help Jon, and when that happens Jon will wake up the moment Val, called the "wildling princess," kisses him, seeing as he feels something against his lips.

I think the reference to Sleepy Jon Snow is Jon not wanting to let the Wildlings through like Sleepy Jack.

As for Jon, I think he is going to be dead and will come back as quite a different person. The two people who died and came back UnCat and Beric changed after they were resurrected.

I think there will be physical changes as well. I think we will see something like Cold hands. I think we will lose his POV. He will still have a major role to play, but it will be non POV. There is a reason that GRRM introduced a Mel POV on the wall in the last book.

I think the reference to Sleepy Jon Snow is Jon not wanting to let the Wildlings through like Sleepy Jack.

As for Jon, I think he is going to be dead and will come back as quite a different person. The two people who died and came back UnCat and Beric changed after they were resurrected.

I think there will be physical changes as well. I think we will see something like Cold hands. I think we will lose his POV. He will still have a major role to play, but it will be non POV. There is a reason that GRRM introduced a Mel POV on the wall in the last book.

I know Jon was thinking of Sleepy Jack, I was thinking outside the box.

There are no hints to Jon being resurrected akin to UnBeric and UnCat. GRRM implied that Jon isn't dead. GRRM didn't introduce Mel as POV on the Wall to resurrect Jon, and the evidence strongly suggests that BranRaven will aid Jon. Jon isn't dead, but comatose.

Archived