If turn out that tommen and margaery were sleeping together, how you would react

Myvince

Wut? Come on. Tommen is 8 or 9 years old. Margery is not going to instigate anything with him. If Tommen got "curious" she would probably act as Sansa does towards Robert Arryn's "advances". I seriously doubt GRRM would "go there". It would be squicky to read about it, as well.

They already sleep in the same bed although it's chaste rather than romantic.

I'd like to think that Margaery is above sexually abusing an 8-year old though. Honestly, that sounds more like something that Cersei would accuse her of than something she would actually do.

Cersei successfully opposed the notion of Tommen and Margery sharing a bed in their wedding night. I don't remember if it happened afterwards.

I don't think the story would go that route. Margery earns nothing and Tommen is just too young to make any sort of real sexual advance. When it can turn to be squicky is if Tommen lives long enough to reach puberty, which I doubt.

If it happened and we had a 19 years old, potentially sexually deprived, Margery Tyrell and an 11 years old, curious and developing, husband sleeping together... crap, not good at all.

I don't think Tommen will live that long, though.

Disclaimer: No, in no way, shape or form I'm endorsing or condoning the sexual abuse of children. And neither their murder, but the latter doesn't seem that disgusting for some strange reason.

Cersei successfully opposed the notion of Tommen and Margery sharing a bed in their wedding night. I don't remember if it happened afterwards.

Yeah, I think you're right. I vaguely remember someone (Osney) complaining that Margaery is always surrounded by her cousins and the king even at night and I think I confused that with what we're talking about there. My bad!

But I still don't see Margaery as a child molester and I'm confused as to the OP's point. We haven't seen GRRM portray Margaery as being anything like that except in Cersei's fevered minds and even Cersei doesn't actually suggest that Margaery is a child abuser, and she's accused Margaery of every other conceivable crime.

Well, there was that Florida teacher that was sleeping with her student, but didn't get jail time because she was "too pretty for jail", so maybe people wouldn't see Marg and Tommen sleeping together as that squicky.

Personally, I think Marg just wants to brainwash Tommen into hating his mom.

Okay, i can manage to read through detailed scenes of torture, horrid descriptions of rape and murder, but a detailed description of child sexual abuse is just too fucking much.

What If it's Tommen exploring his sexuality, and Margery doesn't want to tell him to stop because he's all "I'm the King, I'll outlaw beets when I wanna"? Does that count as abuse? (Genuine question).

The good news is We'd never read about this as it happened because neither of them are PoVs.

What If it's Tommen exploring his sexuality, and Margery doesn't want to tell him to stop because he's all "I'm the King, I'll outlaw beets when I wanna"? Does that count as abuse? (Genuine question).

The good news is We'd never read about this as it happened because neither of them are PoVs.

Yes. Because Tommen is an eight year old boy.

Archived