Did Arianne love Arys?

Ours if the Fury

Okay i may sound stupid but i am actually confused with this, although i know she was seducing him and trying to bind him to her whim etc. after Arys death she seems legitimately upset and is emotionally moved by his foolishness and ultimate demise - now is this because she had feelings for him, even loved him or because his blood was on her own hands???

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Yes

I had the feeling that Arianne genuinely liked Arys, enjoyed seducing him, enjoyed him as a lover, and was fond of him. But I don't believe she loved him. Arianne seems to me to be a very spoiled young woman who is not yet capable of love. She's got something of a conscience; enough to blame herself for Arys' death and regret, and him. It might even be that Arianne's affair with Arys might have opened her to experience true love later. But I don't see her truly loving poor Arys Oakheart.

I had the feeling that she cared for him but right now her feelings for him are a combination of caring for him and also guilt.

In a way,it made me feel relieved that she actually felt something like that for poor Arys. It is a slight relief that she isn't quite as callous as Cersei in how she feels/treats her lovers.

She loved he was useful but didn't love him. She played him like a fiddle. I don't think she wanted to see him hurt but even if her plans went perfectly he was pretty much a dead man walking. She was never going to marry him like she said.

She did not love him. She was quite fond of him as a person but that's it. And obviously she would be upset about his death, the dude who she was fond of and who loved her a lot died a horrible death in front of her because she took him in her plot. Any normal person would be very upset and feel guilty in her place. Arianne is not Cersei.

Archived