Aerys burning down KL, Jon's Resurrection... ?

hallam

I have from the start believed that if we knew the prophecy that drove Rheagar, we would understand how Robert's Rebellion really began. I have also long suspected that Aerys was not 'mad' in the sense of insane but being driven to irrational actions because of a misinterpretation of a prophecy. c.f recent behavior by Cersei.

Which has me thinking about the actions of Jamie and Aerys right at the end of the sack of Kings Landing. Aerys believed that he would be born again as a dragon if he burned down KL. Where did he get that idea? It is a very specific notion after all. It strongly suggests that the prophecy involves someone being resurrected in a fire.

There is also the prophecy about AAR being born in in salt and in smoke. One birth or two? That also speaks to Jon being reborn from the flames.

So this suggests to me that any part in Jon's rebirth played by Mel is likely to be involuntary. Danny tied a witch to Drogo's pyre. So maybe someone ties Mel to Jon's.

I would also hazard a guess that the prophesy said something about someone slaying the king then sitting on his throne. Jamie would probably know about the prophecy being a KingsGuard. The way he sat on the Iron throne seems like it was driven by something.

Archived