[S5 SPOILERS] Tommen theory

dsug

As we know, Cersei's children are all destined to die. Joffrey and Myrcella have bit the dust. All that's left is Tommen. Here's my theory.

Tommen has already showed signs of severe depression toward the end of season five over the arrests of Cersei and Margaery (never leaving his room, starving himself). After Cersei's walk of shame, Tommen I'm sure will feel much worse.

Eventually, the High Sparrow will execute Margaery. That will push Tommen over the edge. His wife dead, his mother gone crazy, his sister, brother, and father also dead, the stress of being a king, etc....

I believe Tommen may kill himself. The show is definitely dark enough and it would do a lot to progress Cersei's arc. Maybe he finds out his mother is responsible for his wife's death, and it's just too much for him.

Imagine Cersei entering his room for whatever reason, only to find him hanging from the ceiling.

I know it's dark, but I feel like it's a possibility. Thoughts?

I agree that Margery will die but for some reason I think Tommen will be the valonqar and in a shocking moment he snaps and straggles Cersei while KL goes up in wildfire

Oh lord, I had not considered that possibility. At this point, I'd sort of assumed we were getting Cleganebowl and the valonqar would be Sandor (defeating her champion, Gregor, and effectively sealing her fate), but Tommen snapping and killing his own mother is an even more intriguing possibility. Wow, nightmares.

Oh lord, I had not considered that possibility. At this point, I'd sort of assumed we were getting Cleganebowl and the valonqar would be Sandor (defeating her champion, Gregor, and effectively sealing her fate), but Tommen snapping and killing his own mother is an even more intriguing possibility. Wow, nightmares.

There have been several theories and topics of Tommen being the valonqar aka the little brother killing Cersei.

There have been several theories and topics of Tommen being the valonqar aka the little brother killing Cersei.

I think that could be cool, but how can Tommen kill Cersei if he's already dead?
Maggy made it very clear that Cersei would watch all her children die.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously though I think it will be the other way around.  I think Cersei will poison Tommen and set King's Landing on fire when it's clear she can't hold King's Landing anymore.  Jaime will be there and find out what she did and will start to strangle her, but as they struggle, they'll fall from the tallest tower to their deaths.

Seriously though I think it will be the other way around.  I think Cersei will poison Tommen and set King's Landing on fire when it's clear she can't hold King's Landing anymore.  Jaime will be there and find out what she did and will start to strangle her, but as they struggle, they'll fall from the tallest tower to their deaths.

Seems quite likely I think this one.

Seems quite likely I think this one.

Thanks, I like the idea of them falling from a tower to their deaths after what they did to Bran.  Also the tie in to what happened with the Mad King is just too good to resist, and the foreshadowing of Cersei burning down the Tower of the Hand.  Not to mention the hints that they came into the world together and will leave it together as well.  

Though the Valonqar prophecy does mention "hands" and say she will have the life choked from her, so it's not an exact fit.

Thanks, I like the idea of them falling from a tower to their deaths after what they did to Bran.  Also the tie in to what happened with the Mad King is just too good to resist, and the foreshadowing of Cersei burning down the Tower of the Hand.  Not to mention the hints that they came into the world together and will leave it together as well.  

Though the Valonqar prophecy does mention "hands" and say she will have the life choked from her, so it's not an exact fit.

To be honest I don't really hold much with the prophesy idea being that important. It would then suggest that events in the world are controlled by an external force... which is basically a bit shit. The prophesy works so far because its become so self fulfilling. 

Its hard to say what prophesies actually are however and how they relate to magic. I mean if you burn a leech and then someone falls off a bridge... whats the mechanism that makes that work. All I'm saying is that I don't want there to be some over riding god figure or fate entitiy controlling things.

Newest spoilers have Tommen convert to the FM together with Margaery, to Jaime's great annoyance and Cersei's horror. Marg has taken all that she holds dear now. Joff (via poison), Tommen (via FM) and Jaime because dude has had enough with her/KL bullshit and fucks off to the Riverlands. I could see Marg in peril if Cersei puts the Sept on fire and Tommen tries to save her, dying in the process too.

Newest spoilers have Tommen convert to the FM together with Margaery, to Jaime's great annoyance and Cersei's horror. Marg has taken all that she holds dear now. Joff (via poison), Tommen (via FM) and Jaime because dude has had enough with her/KL bullshit and fucks off to the Riverlands. I could see Marg in peril if Cersei puts the Sept on fire and Tommen tries to save her, dying in the process too.

Would that mean Tommen would forsake the crown to join the Faith Militant? That would entail part of his becomming one of them.  Foresaking all riches, titles and property. The Iron Throne would be vacant. If Stannis had only retreated back to Castle Black and waited........ What a Monarchial Crisis that would create.

Archived