Will Melisandre Abandon Stannis? Will She Switch To Jon Snow?

Rickyhunt

Melisandre believes Stannis is Azor Ahai and wants everyone else to know it she is obviously obsessed with Azor Ahai. In the show of course she abandons Stannis realizing he isn't the Champion of The red god and essentially her time is wasted. She ends up back at the wall and of course Stannis is more than likely dead. So where does she go from here? She is obviously very interested in Jon and in the books is warning him of dangers.

Do you think she will just switch her support to Jon snow in the book? Do you think she knows at this point stannis isn't the guy? She seems still commited to stannis and of course Selyse and Shirleen are still at the wall with her.

Or when she learns that Stannis isn't Azor Ahai and she has wasted of all this time will she crumble? Will she have doubts about everything and lose her faith? Not likely in my opinion but it is an idea she put so much stock into Stannis it seems likely there would be a moment of shock.

Basically, yes, at some point even she will figure out that Stannis isn't Azor Ahai, and I assume it'll be connected to Jon. (I suspect Jon is AA, but am not absolutely sure.) Certainly, it's hard to figure out a way of Jon being revived that's been as foreshadowed. You'd think she'd have some suspicions now, but given how narrow-minded she can be, it wouldn't be shocking if she doesn't consciously consider it until Stannis learns the hard way that he isn't the prophesized hero.

Melisandre believes Stannis is Azor Ahai and wants everyone else to know it she is obviously obsessed with Azor Ahai. In the show of course she abandons Stannis realizing he isn't the Champion of The red god and essentially her time is wasted. She ends up back at the wall and of course Stannis is more than likely dead. So where does she go from here? She is obviously very interested in Jon and in the books is warning him of dangers.

Do you think she will just switch her support to Jon snow in the book? Do you think she knows at this point stannis isn't the guy? She seems still commited to stannis and of course Selyse and Shirleen are still at the wall with her.

Or when she learns that Stannis isn't Azor Ahai and she has wasted of all this time will she crumble? Will she have doubts about everything and lose her faith? Not likely in my opinion but it is an idea she put so much stock into Stannis it seems likely there would be a moment of shock.

Melisandre's loyalty lies with R'hllor and R'hllor alone. Stannis is just a tool. A tool which Melisandre will surely abandon once she realizes that he's not the right tool.

Archived