Calibandar

Tennis Volume 6

343 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Now stand by and watch as Del Potro goes down easily against Nadal in the semi final, just like Rublev just did after beating Dimitrov and Goffin. 

I'm not saying Delpo will definitely win, but come now, he isn't Rublev.

On 7.09.2017 at 10:38 AM, Calibandar said:

Now stand by and watch as Del Potro goes down easily against Nadal in the semi final, just like Rublev just did after beating Dimitrov and Goffin. 

Yeah, looks like Nadal is on a highway to the title. Delpo might not be Rublev, but I don't see him seriously threatening Rafa tonight. Hope I'm wrong, I'd much prefer Delpo to win the trophy.

Edited by 3CityApache

2 hours ago, 3CityApache said:

Yeah, looks like Nadal is on a highway to the title. Delpo might not be Rublev, but I don't see him seriously threatening Rafa tonight. Hope I'm wrong, I'd much preferred Delpo to win the trophy.

It just feels like Nadal is cruising and I don't see Delpo holding out, he'll be outlasted and that may not even be necessary, a straight setter would not surprise me. With Murray and Djoker absent, only a good Federer could have stopped Nadal here. We'll see, I'd prefer a Delpo win as well.

20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Long story short, Fed choked. 

I watched the post match press conference with Fed and he was able to pinpoint exactly why this happened. Nothing to do with choking of course.

He's always very well spoken and accurate in his interviews, but here he was also very self critical and strong in analysis of why. He felt he didn't play well from the start, felt very unsure of the way he hit the balls, which leads to stress etc. Could have played worse, and could have played a lot better as well, he felt. It has to do with the way to this US open, the lack of preparation, and when he started the tournament he felt right away he felt very different than during the Aussie Open and Wimbledon. He also mentioned being very tired and happy to get some rest until he plays the Laver Cup later this month, then followed by Shanghai which he wants to win.