"Blood Of My Blood"

[Deleted]

If the only thing required for the Others to render the Wall useless were for them to play tag with someone with Stark blood, then no Stark would ever be allowed beyond the Wall.

Unless, perhaps, this is why “there must always be a Stark in Winterfell”: to counter that possibility!   

It could be like having a circuit with a third "earth" wire (marked "ground" in America), so a sort of safeguard set up by Brandon the Builder when he built the Wall and Winterfell.

This actually makes a lot of sense the more I think about it.

7 hours ago, Angrivarius said:

Did you even read the books? Thats where most of the speculations are coming from. One major indicator concerning the relation between the Starks and the Others is the tale that Old Nan tells Bran, where she suggests that the Nights King (not the one from the show), the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Nights Watch might have been a Stark. Other indicators are their former title as Kings of Winter, their words "Winter is coming" and various other tales. Its only speculation thats right and actuell events in the show seem to indicate that there will be no alliance between the Others and the Starks, but who knows, people change, people die, people arise from the dead, there is still a lot of room for surprises.

Anyway, we should keep in mind what Tyrion says about prophesies: "Prophesy is like a half-trained mule. It looks as though it might be useful, but the moment you trust in it, it kicks you in the head."

Are you even watching the SHOW? Warg this warg that warg warg warg.....

This is not Dr, Who!!

If Bran wants to play Super Warg, why not just warg back to before the others were created? Or he could warg back to before Jamie pushed him, thus stopping his crippling injury, thus he makes the trip to KL with Sansa and Arya, Dies in KL, and never lived to meet the 3eR, and time folds in on itself and westeros go's supernova

Those wights looked pretty hell bent on getting to Bran to me. Maybe they just really wanted to give him a back rub?

From a blood perspective, Jon is as much a Stark as Bran, looked like the Others wanted him dead too.

Is it possible that the WW could be descendant from the Starks and there's concern that Bran will learn how to undo all that's been done? One thing I keep thinking about is the play Arya watches and how easily history is distorted through being told over and over again. Perhaps the Mad King wasn't so "mad" after all, and was directing "Burn them all" to the Starks, which is why Rickard and Brandon were executed. It would become a tremendous heel turn for the Starks to end up being the bad guys somehow. 

5 hours ago, elbucho3 said:

Is it possible that the WW could be descendant from the Starks and there's concern that Bran will learn how to undo all that's been done? One thing I keep thinking about is the play Arya watches and how easily history is distorted through being told over and over again. Perhaps the Mad King wasn't so "mad" after all, and was directing "Burn them all" to the Starks, which is why Rickard and Brandon were executed. It would become a tremendous heel turn for the Starks to end up being the bad guys somehow. 

GRRM has provided a hint that there is a tie between the White Walkers and

Spoiler

House Bolton

I cannot believe that with a title like this, there will be nothing big about Daenerys. Just chatting with Daario? She had a break in episode 5, so I expect something more than just marching towards Meereen. 

Trailer and pictures don't show very much, I'm wondering what could happen that we don't see in the preview. Like, will we see Meereen? And will the Blackfish make his return? 

1 hour ago, Lady Claire said:

I cannot believe that with a title like this, there will be nothing big about Daenerys. Just chatting with Daario? She had a break in episode 5, so I expect something more than just marching towards Meereen. 

Trailer and pictures don't show very much, I'm wondering what could happen that we don't see in the preview. Like, will we see Meereen? And will the Blackfish make his return? 

I don't think we see much about her. We will see drogon flying above the horde like in the trailers but not much more. Blood of my Blood title is more about what happens in westeros:

Bran probably meets Benjen and we have also his visions where we may have ToJ finale (but someone says we get another event from the past totally unrelated)

Samwell meets his family and says that Gilly son is his own son.

Tommen may also do something not expected to Cersei.

What I am most curios about is the "Jamie meets an hero" part. I have non explanation for that, but again I was told that maybe it's not in the present. We will see.

41 minutes ago, Marada78 said:

I don't think we see much about her. We will see drogon flying above the horde like in the trailers but not much more. Blood of my Blood title is more about what happens in westeros:

Bran probably meets Benjen and we have also his visions where we may have ToJ finale (but someone says we get another event from the past totally unrelated)

Samwell meets his family and says that Gilly son is his own son.

Tommen may also do something not expected to Cersei.

What I am most curios about is the "Jamie meets an hero" part. I have non explanation for that, but again I was told that maybe it's not in the present. We will see.

I fear that about Dany too, but it would be a pity. 

Jaime should leave King's Landing soon, maybe at the end of this episode or in the next. For the episode 7 the only hero I can think about is Brieene, considering their past together.

I have some ideas for what Margaery can do, but don't know if Cersei and Jaime are involved (because of what Tommen told his mother in the fourth episode).

Probably they will push the ToJ till the finale.

Re the OP

I don't think the show will go there. They seem to be willing to change the entire backstory.

In the books, the Stark-Other links you point out are likely to be very important. My personal favorite variant is that the proto-Starks and the proto-Others were the same group. When the Others attacked, Bran the Builder betrayed them, turning his cloak and helping the First Men. (Perhaps he was persuaded to do so by the Last Hero, a Dayne.) That's why House Stark doesn't show up until then.

But it could go many different ways.

Archived