Bold Predictions for Season 7

AugustusTheGreat

On 8. 7. 2016 at 0:58 PM, Future Null Infinity said:

^this, I agree

we already had our mad queen it's Cersei

- Euron dies trying to stop Daenerys (the man's flaw is the overconfidence about everything)

- Daenerys arrives to KL just after the death of Cersei by Jaime, takes KL, Jaime bends the knee

- Daenerys invites Jon to KL following an advice of Tyrion for a political marriage

- wedding between the KitN and the Stormborn

- Stark, Targaryen and lannister houses make the ultimate peace without fighting (an anti-war message!)

- Like you said, Arya and Bran make a stark reunion in Winterfell (the fantastic four? :D)

- Melisandre meets the BwB, BwB (including the hound) go beyond the wall to kill the NK, all the R'hllorists die trying (the Great Other is in center of their religion, so it's logical for me to see them leading the first wave of attack, for me the war of the dawn is not everyone against the WW, it is rather some failed waves against the NK until the last successful one)

Daeny and Jon will meet elsewhere than KL. I don't think Daeny would go straight to political marriage so it looks that the might meet at the end of season 7. e got 7 episodes for next season so thell devote it to Daeny vs Cerseiand Euron, Jon vs Sansa and LF. Any marriage seems like season 8 material. Other than that good call.

On 8. 7. 2016 at 0:18 PM, JonSnowed said:

I don't see Dany killing Jamie or Cersei, far more likely Cersei uses more wildfire to burn the city and Jamie kills her, dying in the process. Dany then heads North with her remaining forces.

Agree.

18 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Daeny and Jon will meet elsewhere than KL. I don't think Daeny would go straight to political marriage so it looks that the might meet at the end of season 7. e got 7 episodes for next season so thell devote it to Daeny vs Cerseiand Euron, Jon vs Sansa and LF. Any marriage seems like season 8 material. Other than that good call.

I based my thoughts on the assumption that S8 will be only and exclusively about the war of the dawn (S8 is shorter that S7 and it's the end game), this is why I think that if a character must die, he will die in S7 or a storyline that remains unfinished, it will be finished in S7

On 7/9/2016 at 1:40 PM, Aleric, First of His Name said:

Bran meets up with Jon and they speak of Bran's warging. Jon realizes, from that conversation, that Melisandre didn't actually resurrect him and that he had actually warged into Ghost before dying.

I don't understand. Mind to elaborate?

Euron to attack Dany's fleet at sea. Yara & Euron to be killed which puts Theon under pressure to assume his role as heir of the Iron Born & fulfill the deal he and Yara mad with Dany for the Iron Islands to back her claim. 

Jon's will meet Dany and refer to the WW threat. He will bend the knee, and do whatever it takes as in Jon's mind, the war north of the wall is where the real threat is, and the politics of Westeros are insignificant by comparison

Littlefinger to manipulate Sansa and the Northern lords due to Jon's preference for gearing up to fight the WW. LF will seed doubt in their minds, and ridicule Jon when as KinN he talks about directing resources and men to the wall, rather than down South. 

Jamie to kill Cersei, and cleanse himself of the negative energy provided by Cersei, and realise Brienne of Tarth is who he should be with. 

Arya to reunite with the Hound and go on a killing quest.

the actress of Arya said that she is not going back home, if we add this prophecy about her :

"You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers."

I predict that she will die next season, because next season is winter and she's already lost and became a crazy psychopath, she will get killed wearing a face and no none will figure out that she's Arya Stark

16 hours ago, Darksky said:

"You spent too much time with us, Jon Snow. You can never be a kneeler again."

That is a prophetic quote by Tormund.  Jon definitely won't be bending a knee again and people will be bending a knee to him as king.  

As for predictions...

1.  Euron-Cersei ally.  This makes sense given that Euron wants the Iron Throne and not just the Iron Islands.  Cersei would take it because she thinks only about short-term victories.  She didn't think about what blowing up the Sept of Baelor might cost her; only that it would feel good to do it.

2.  Cersei will have some short term victories.  While she is a sledgehammer, let's give the woman credit for a move that did get rid of all her problems in KL in one brilliant swoop.  Sadly for her it screwed her long-term, but she can score some blood against Dany.  

3.  Euron attacks Oldtown and Sam does something heroic using his father's sword.  

4.  Sam finds something important about the White Walkers, dragons, and magic in the Citadel. 

5.  Jorah goes to Asshai to find a cure for Greyscale and learns that it was a weapon against dragons.

6.  Different people react to the changing power dynamic in the North.  I am especially interested in Sam and Tyrion's reaction to Jon as king.

7.  Jon actually turns out to be a competent ruler, but consolidating power in the North and dealing with Littlefinger distracts him from focusing on the White Walkers. 

8.  Dany has some early victories but her invasion gets bogged down because her army isn't equipped for winter and Cersei-Euron score some victories against her. 

9.  Littlefinger figures out that Jon is Rhaegar's kid but it isn't confirmed.  He starts a whisper campaign against Jon to destabilize his claim on the North.   Jon actually takes the advice his uncle should have and doesn't believe a word out of Littlefinger's mouth.

10.  Tyrion brokers a marriage alliance between Jon and Dany.  It is a political marriage that stabilizes both parties' claims.  Jon agrees to it because he doesn't believe that he is Dany's nephew.

11.  The Jon-Dany alliance scores a big victory to end the season.  They use Cersei's increasing paranoia to lure the Lannister army north.  The North destroys the Lannisters at Moat Caitlin while Tyrion takes Casterly Rock through the sewers.

12.  The season ends with Jon and Dany marrying, consolidating their armies, and going south toward KL.  It looks like Hitler's final days in Berlin for Cersei.  This looks to be a great victory for the good guys but it distracts them from the real war against the ice zombies. 

Oh and the first time Jon and Dany, his string of titles are as long as hers.

6 hours ago, illinifan said:

That is a prophetic quote by Tormund.  Jon definitely won't be bending a knee again and people will be bending a knee to him as king.  

As for predictions...

1.  Euron-Cersei ally.  This makes sense given that Euron wants the Iron Throne and not just the Iron Islands.  Cersei would take it because she thinks only about short-term victories.  She didn't think about what blowing up the Sept of Baelor might cost her; only that it would feel good to do it.

2.  Cersei will have some short term victories.  While she is a sledgehammer, let's give the woman credit for a move that did get rid of all her problems in KL in one brilliant swoop.  Sadly for her it screwed her long-term, but she can score some blood against Dany.  

3.  Euron attacks Oldtown and Sam does something heroic using his father's sword.  

4.  Sam finds something important about the White Walkers, dragons, and magic in the Citadel. 

5.  Jorah goes to Asshai to find a cure for Greyscale and learns that it was a weapon against dragons.

6.  Different people react to the changing power dynamic in the North.  I am especially interested in Sam and Tyrion's reaction to Jon as king.

7.  Jon actually turns out to be a competent ruler, but consolidating power in the North and dealing with Littlefinger distracts him from focusing on the White Walkers. 

8.  Dany has some early victories but her invasion gets bogged down because her army isn't equipped for winter and Cersei-Euron score some victories against her. 

9.  Littlefinger figures out that Jon is Rhaegar's kid but it isn't confirmed.  He starts a whisper campaign against Jon to destabilize his claim on the North.   Jon actually takes the advice his uncle should have and doesn't believe a word out of Littlefinger's mouth.

10.  Tyrion brokers a marriage alliance between Jon and Dany.  It is a political marriage that stabilizes both parties' claims.  Jon agrees to it because he doesn't believe that he is Dany's nephew.

11.  The Jon-Dany alliance scores a big victory to end the season.  They use Cersei's increasing paranoia to lure the Lannister army north.  The North destroys the Lannisters at Moat Caitlin while Tyrion takes Casterly Rock through the sewers.

12.  The season ends with Jon and Dany marrying, consolidating their armies, and going south toward KL.  It looks like Hitler's final days in Berlin for Cersei.  This looks to be a great victory for the good guys but it distracts them from the real war against the ice zombies. 

Oh and the first time Jon and Dany, his string of titles are as long as hers.

Interesting predictions. It might be true but few things I'd like to point out and disagree with.

I doubt that. Daeny will deal with Cersei alone. I don't understand why would she need Jon or why would he go South when the real danger is up in the North. If marriage only against walkers but still it will be in everyone's interest to fight them. Euron and Cersei can score some wins but Daeny will win in the end against them and march North maybe or summon Jon.

If Bran tells him he's Rhaegar's so. He'll believe his brother/cousin.

Moat Cailin and all that. No. I would say once Walkers strike, Jon will retrat and words will spread. Maybe he'll reach out to Daenerys. Meet her somewhere in the Riverlands and as Daeny dreamt she fought them at Trident just like Rhaegar did with Robert.

Also how would Littlefinger find out? He knos that possibly Rhaegar and Lyanna loved each other but only Bran or Howland Reed knows. Maybe these two women if they're alive but probably in Dorne. It would be logical to be from House Dayne or someone Arthur, Rhaegar would trust.

I doubt that. Daeny will deal with Cersei alone. I don't understand why would she need Jon or why would he go South when the real danger is up in the North. If marriage only against walkers but still it will be in everyone's interest to fight them. Euron and Cersei can score some wins but Daeny will win in the end against them and march North maybe or summon Jon.

From a storytelling/ TV standpoint, Cersei is a much more interesting villain than the ice zombies.  The ice zombies are the endgame but the producers cannot build an entire season around Jon and Dany attacking the zombie hordes.  The ice zombies won't breach the Wall and attack until right before the end of the series.  

One of the main themes of the novels and TV shows is that the petty squabbling of men over crowns is distracting men from the real war.  Right now, Westros has defences against the Ice Zombies like the Wall and the Night's Watch but those defences are being broken down.  Jon is one of the only men in the realm who knows the real threat so I think that it would be ironic if he ends up partially being to blame for the ice zombies breaching Westros.

IMO, Jon becoming distracted by politics in Season 6 and ADWD.  Rather than guarding the Wall and preparing the NW for the battle, Jon spent the entire season trying to take back Winterfell and dealing with severe PTSD and personal demons.  Yes, he used a loophole to wiggle out of his vows and yes, he is justifying things by saying that he is doing it to prepare of the WWs.  But the fact remains that he is now completely involved in the affairs of Westros, he is completely going against the spirit of the NW, and I doubt that he minds the turn of events one bit.

I'd actually like it if rather than being happy for Jon, Sam reacts to the same way Edd did in Episode 4 and cuts through all Jon's justifications about his actions.  Sam is the one who reminded Jon in Season 5 that I couldn't let his personal feelings about Roose Bolton get in the way of defending the Wall.  Jon has a tendency to make such rash decisions about his feelings but he has had people like LC Mormont, Master Aemon, and Sam that have kept him from acting on it.  It is fitting that with Sam gone, there was nothing to keep Jon from acting on his feelings.

If Bran tells him he's Rhaegar's so. He'll believe his brother/cousin.

Bran stays North and does Three Eyed Raven things rather than heading to Winterfell.  Moreover, Jon is wary of prophecies and visions due to his experiences with Mel.  Remember that he sides with Davos over the Shireen situation rather than Mel.

4 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Moat Cailin and all that. No. I would say once Walkers strike, Jon will retrat and words will spread. Maybe he'll reach out to Daenerys. Meet her somewhere in the Riverlands and as Daeny dreamt she fought them at Trident just like Rhaegar did with Robert.

I think it would be like Napoleon invading Russia if Winter was both used to complicate Dany's invasion and defeat Cersei.  And I suspect that the final Battle is in the Riverlands on the Trident.  I also suspect that both Jon and Dany end up in KL first and have to rush up to the Trident after the Wall is breached.  

4 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Also how would Littlefinger find out? He knos that possibly Rhaegar and Lyanna loved each other but only Bran or Howland Reed knows. Maybe these two women if they're alive but probably in Dorne. It would be logical to be from House Dayne or someone Arthur, Rhaegar would trust.

Because it actually is sort of easy to figure out Jon's parents.  Ned came back to the North after doing something completely out of character (sleeping around) with a baby and his dead sister.  Nothing to see here folks..  No siree.

Lots of people including Littlefinger don't buy the official story but have never been able to piece the entire thing together.  Interacting with Jon on a regular basis might give LF the last piece he needs to figure things out.  It won't be definitive proof but it will be enough to make Jon's position as KitN less secure, which is what LF is after.

Not so bold prediction, Jon is bombarded with Northern-Vale girls in an attempt to secure the future of his line. He'll spend lots of time fending off ambitious Lords looking to make their daughters Queen. Sansa will deal with this personally.

Bold prediction. Littlefinger's sneaky version of Southern politics crashes and burns in the North. He's quickly exposed for something and beheaded for treason, again (like Janos Slynt) making Jon the person to deal justice to Ned's betrayers in Kings Landing, albeit indirectly. Sansa not so surprisingly will be the person to expose him. In fact he won't have actually done what he's accused of, making it ironic that he's gotten away with so much dirt but goes down for somebody else's crimes. 

I can't help but feel that Jon and Dany are going to be enemies.  "Song of fire and ice" doesn't automatically mean that the two are going to team up.  Maybe in the end they will, but I will not be surprised if there is a conflict between these two.  GRRM has done a great job at keeping us from predicting the story, and right now it seems to me to be too obvious that Dany and Jon are going to marry or team up in some fashion and save everyone from the NK.  So that's my bold prediction, Dany and Jon will despise each other.

1 hour ago, Drunken_Sailor24 said:

I can't help but feel that Jon and Dany are going to be enemies.  "Song of fire and ice" doesn't automatically mean that the two are going to team up.  Maybe in the end they will, but I will not be surprised if there is a conflict between these two.  GRRM has done a great job at keeping us from predicting the story, and right now it seems to me to be too obvious that Dany and Jon are going to marry or team up in some fashion and save everyone from the NK.  So that's my bold prediction, Dany and Jon will despise each other.

I agree with your point. At least in the books Dany despises Lannisters and Starks, thinking they're on the same side as the joined RB rebellion and killed her family. I don't see that the first thing she would do after coming to Westeros is seek alliance with Starks. Dany doesn't seem really aware of what's going on in Westeros and how noble houses deal with each other:

“Lannister, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell, they’re all just spokes on a wheel.  This one’s on top and that one’s on top and on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground. We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.”

She would seek the support from Jon, only if Tyrion would convience her to do so. Besides that, the song of ice and fire  couldn't mean their alliance, because obviously those elements can't co-exist.

I think that Dany would lose her dragons at some point. And Jon would be AA, though I don't think he would have to kill smb (aka NIssa Nissa), but he has to lose smth dear to him (Ghost, Winterfell, brothers of the NW).

Initially I thought that S7 is Dany in Westeros and S8 is war of the dawn but actually I think it's the inverse, the last episode's name is "The winds of winter" and they are filming in Iceland and the show was delayed because they want to be filmed in the winter, so I think that S7 is the death of LF in the two first episodes and the rest is the war of the dawn and S8 is the aftermath

IDK why majority of people completely ignores Dany's dream from s2. If it was kind of bold foreshadowing of Dany never sitting on IT and reuniting with her family (mean dying) in the end.

not to mention that giving a character the exact ending she wanted for 8 strict seasons - a dream that became her obsession and the very reason of her existance would be extremely weird, TBH

also, why you guys think that she would be so keen to ally (not to mention marry) with Jon. It's the only man in Westeros who possibly has bigger claim for IT than she has AND he already is KitN. Marrying him would be HUGE risk that he will try to took ALL the power from her. She doesn't want to be King's wife, she wants to rule. There's huge distinction between these two...

I think in the end both main characters - Dany and Jon will get exactly the opposite of what they wanted. Dany who craved for power and IT it will be reuniting with her family. And Jon, who only wanted peace, serenity and family, will sit on IT.

It's either Jon or Tyrion, IMHO

47 minutes ago, maja89 said:

also, why you guys think that she would be so keen to ally (not to mention marry) with Jon. It's the only man in Westeros who possibly has bigger claim for IT than she has AND he already is KitN. Marrying him would be HUGE risk that he will try to took ALL the power from her. She doesn't want to be King's wife, she wants to rule. There's huge distinction between these two...

she needs to lose her alliance with Tyrion then. He is the common ground between the two,  the grey area between the black and white. He respects Jon and if Jon tells him that the NK is real and coming soon then he will relay that info to Dany to supply Jon with a dragon to ride shotgun next to Dany and himself on the other two to take out the threat. It's painfully obvious that's where the show is heading, IMO. Hopefully the actual story doesn't do the painfully obvious thing like the show. 

6 minutes ago, jbent87 said:

she needs to lose her alliance with Tyrion then. He is the common ground between the two,  the grey area between the black and white. He respects Jon and if Jon tells him that the NK is real and coming soon then he will relay that info to Dany to supply Jon with a dragon to ride shotgun next to Dany and himself on the other two to take out the threat. It's painfully obvious that's where the show is heading, IMO. Hopefully the actual story doesn't do the painfully obvious thing like the show. 

there's a huge difference between Jon and Tyrion - Tyrion has no claim over Iron Throne. Also he has no actual supporters, while Jon has support of the North, Wildlings, Night Watch. He has his own army and actual, REAL power already

and Dany hates to be controlled by anyone, she hates it when Tyrion tries to do so too. But Tyrion is smarter and snicker than Jon and he learnt how to... let's say... manipulate her. Jon will not do such a thing.

if they met right now, Jon would tell her that she is nuts, and Dany would say something like "you will kneel or you will die"

I cannot see aliance between them, unless one or both of them change significally. And if they both grow up into themselves and to be rulers, if Dany learns how to control herself and stops being OBSESSED with power, if Jon starts to play a game, they don't need a mariage to be allies - more than that marriage would complicate EVERYTHING for them, because Jon would have to go to Kings Landing, leaving North behind. It would be smarter for Dany to keep her nephew on North, securing the peace and make him her hair, no? And if Dany is indeed barren, that would mean the end of Targaryan line and yet another war after their deaths. What kind of ending would be that?

my point is that to marriage to be possible, Dany has to be sure that Jon doesn't want IT for himself and she needs to trust him know that he won't be trying to control her. It won't happen other way, she won't be "queen on his side". And if that happens, what's the point of marriage anyway?

I don't think they will fight each other though, at least not for a long. They won't put two main protagonists against each other. The only possibility here is that Dany goes mad at some point and she turns villan, but it's HIGHLY unlikely at this point.

I think they will start horribly and will be on verge of the war at some point and then will ally against WW, agreeing for splitting kingdom and rulling "together"  later on - Dany on South and Jon on North. Then Dany dies during the war together with dragons and Jon yet again is left with the throne he doesn't really want.

Archived