What happened to Shiera Seastar?

dsug

12 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

I do know (and mentioned) that it was from SSM. Also, I know that Dark Arts are not exclusive. I will say that if Shiera escaped to Essos with Bloodraven's child, getting caught by slavers isn't totally unrealistic despite being wise and gifted. It happened to Tyrion and he was wise and gifted.

Of course I won't say that I am 100% sure about this. I just think that there is no internal conflict that makes it impossible. That said, I have thought about the Hardhome theory and also see that as being a perfectly reasonable one. Nothing you say here would be a surprise to me if it turned out to be true.

As always, all we can do is speculate until the books are out. Some speculation is better than others. R+L=J seems fairly certain while other things seem a little more, shall we say, tricky. In the meantime, the best we can do is try to keep our speculation within a realm where there is no internal contradiction, enjoy playing out the scenarios in our heads and wait to find out how it all plays out.

Of course being enslaved is possible for a highborn, Tyrion is a living example of that, but he was forced to flee Westeros, no such info is provided regarding Sheira. I think 'Lot 7' is the big clue, so that got me thinking about the known places slavers go to capture people, Hardhome seemed most likely given her appearance. Her being highly gifted in magic could just as easily be that her mother or ancestors were woods witches.. 

3 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

Of course being enslaved is possible for a highborn, Tyrion is a living example of that, but he was forced to flee Westeros, no such info is provided regarding Sheira.

Well, not really. Aenys was promised safe passage to the great counsel Bloodraven called after Maekar's death. When he got to kings landing he was promptly arrested and given a pretty severe haircut. When the counsel chose Aegon V to rule his first act was to arrest Bloodraven. If Shiera was carrying his love child when he was imprisoned in the dungeons of the red keep or after he agreed to take the black, that she would have fled to Essos makes perfect sense.

3 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

I think 'Lot 7' is the big clue, so that got me thinking about the known places slavers go to capture people, Hardhome seemed most likely given her appearance. Her being highly gifted in magic could just as easily be that her mother or ancestors were woods witches.. 

I cannot argue the sense of what you say here and as I said before, if this is what turned out to be the case I would not be surprised at all. However, Mel and Shireen's physical description, the fact that Shireen was said to magically make herself look young way beyond her years and the psychic connection that bloodraven and Melissandra have when Mel has the vision of her are very convincing to me. It also helps better understand the AAR prophecy as being reborn under a bleeding red star would be perfect if she is the sea star, she is the red lady and if she brings Jon back to life.

27 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

snip

23 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

snip

Guess who else has the heart-shaped face? None other than Jeyne Westerling, who happens to be the great-granddaughter of a maegi named Maggy who was practiced in dark arts and made magic potions that, among other things, caused people to fall in love.

29 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

Guess who else has the heart-shaped face? None other than Jeyne Westerling, who happens to be the great-granddaughter of a maegi named Maggy who was practiced in dark arts and made magic potions that, among other things, caused people to fall in love.

Would be pretty awesome if the Westerlings actually played a slightly larger, more integrated role.

Archived