POLL:Characters most likely to die in TWOW.

Ajmeb53

16 hours ago, Sullen said:

I think Theon will manage to escape with Bran's help, but that Asha won't be as lucky.

I imagine she could then be seen as responsible for Theon's escape, and used as a sacrifice in his stead.

But how can Bran help Theon escape? I always thought Stannis would take him to the tree and Bran will whisper or something like that to show Stannis him and Rickon are alive.

11 hours ago, estermonty python said:

George isn't shy about using POVs to get eyes in specific places.  Two good examples are Asha and Aeron Greyjoy; he uses Asha primarily so we know what's happening in Stannis's camp (she's not exactly doing anything important, but the events around her certainly are important), and Aeron becomes our key insight into Euron, both in the books we've read and, later, in the released bits of TWOW, 

Reveal hidden contents

we see the extent of Euron's cruelty and madness through the eyes of his imprisoned brother.

Victarion, too, seems like more of a cipher and plot device than anything else (was he in the poll, by the way?  I'm not sure he was).  

As a general rule, I think the time to worry about POV characters dying is when they end up in the same place as other POV characters, thus removing their utility as a window into a certain portion of action.  For that reason it would be a bit surprising to see Areo bite it before he ends up in the same place as Arianne and/or Doran.

Yes, at this moment Slaver bay has 4 POVs which is why it is very likely that Vic and Barry will die.

Winterfell has two and Davos is coming, when I think about this I am more open to idea of Asha dying.

@Protagoras

Well, Brienne and Jaime are at the same place now amd George said number of POVs will reduce so it seems logical and realistic that one of them dies and Jaime has more story to tell.

Cersei, Jaime, Myrcella, Tommen, Gemma, Devan, and Lancel will most likely die out of the Lannisters in TWOW. 

Margaery, Loras and Mace I think will die in this one. 

I think Doran will bite it in TWOW. I would say Areo Hotah will bite it but I think he will be out POV in Dorne when the Others attack. Arianne dies IMO but I don't know if it's in TWOW or ADOS. 

Stannis and Barristen bites it also. 

Theon, Victarion, Euron, and Aeron might all die in this book. I think Asha will be the only Greyjoy alive by the end of TWOW maybe with Theon. 

House Bolton is going extinct, I have no doubt about this. 

I also think the Freys will all bite it in TWOW. 

On September 19, 2016 at 6:56 PM, dariopatke said:

For those that voted for Areo Hotah, why and how do you think he will die?

I voted LSH, Cersei, Brienne, Aeron, Victarion, Jon Conington, Melisandre and Barristan.

We had a similar list, but I had ictorian dieing as well...Euron certainly does not plan for him to live much longer, Areo is not going to die...its too random and pointless to the storyline. Oh and I think Barristan might make it. I think Brienne and/or Jaime will die, even if thet makes me sad. I also see Tommen dieing for some reason, and it might be dark and disturbing...with his body laid before whoever te new king or queen is...in a sickenly similar way to rhaenys and aegon being presented to robert barathen (mrycella might join him)

3 hours ago, dariopatke said:

But how can Bran help Theon escape? I always thought Stannis would take him to the tree and Bran will whisper or something like that to show Stannis him and Rickon are alive.

Yes, at this moment Slaver bay has 4 POVs which is why it is very likely that Vic and Barry will die.

Winterfell has two and Davos is coming, when I think about this I am more open to idea of Asha dying.

@Protagoras

Well, Brienne and Jaime are at the same place now amd George said number of POVs will reduce so it seems logical and realistic that one of them dies and Jaime has more story to tell.

Exactly! Converging POW usually means death and who has more to give to the story. Jaime of course. 

4 hours ago, dariopatke said:

@Protagoras

Agreed on Barristan.  Victarion too at some point though I don't really have an opinion as to when.  

I am not at all convinced that one of Brienne and Jaime has to die next book.  Brienne has a lot of hallmarks of the sort of character that could live to the end, and wind up LC of Dany's Queensguard or something.  Especially with the Dunk ancestry.  Jaime really just needs to live long enough to kill Cersei; otherwise I see no way he makes it to the actual end of the story.  A fitting end for him would be some act of heroism that no one ever knows about, and everyone just goes on thinking he was a shitty guy who died a shitty death.

Archived