Euron's sigil

BaudyBastard

12 hours ago, Eldric Stark said:

Euron is a puppet of bloodraven, which is why he changed his sigil.

I don't believe that theory. But I understand where it comes from. Euron's epiteth, his sigil and the fact that he wears a patch over one eye, thus in effect lacking one eye, even tho it's not blind. But BR gets too much blame for all the evil in Westeros. He can't be ALL THAT. ;)

I'm not sure what you mean. The awoiaf page on Euron displays his personal sigil.

Perhaps you mean that House Greyjoy sigil should have been changed? In this case, the thing is that the golden kraken is the sigil of House Greyjoy, while the banner with crows, an eye, and a crown is Euron's personal sigil. It doesn't mean he has changed his family's banner.

Multiple other characters have done the same, see Garlan's double and Loras' triple Tyrell rose, Aegon II's golden dragon or Bloodraven's
albino dragon, quartered sigils of Little and Big Walders and Cleos Frey. In neither of these cases was the family sigil changed, it was always just a personal banner.

6 hours ago, Gwindor said:

I'm not sure what you mean. The awoiaf page on Euron displays his personal sigil.

Perhaps you mean that House Greyjoy sigil should have been changed? In this case, the thing is that the golden kraken is the sigil of House Greyjoy, while the banner with crows, an eye, and a crown is Euron's personal sigil. It doesn't mean he has changed his family's banner.

Multiple other characters have done the same, see Garlan's double and Loras' triple Tyrell rose, Aegon II's golden dragon or Bloodraven's
albino dragon, quartered sigils of Little and Big Walders and Cleos Frey. In neither of these cases was the family sigil changed, it was always just a personal banner.

Stannis's flaming heart stag, too.  and the Blackfish's...black fish.  and Littlefinger's mockingbird.  

Archived