How did a 15 year old Cersei convince King Aerys to Take Jaime into the Kingsguard?

53 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Euhm what makes you think he'd be against it?

Yeah, I think that Varys was most likely behind Jaime joining the Kingsguard, specifically to drive a wedge between Aerys and Tywin (as he was already trying to do between Aerys and Rhaegar). Petty, paranoid Aerys, with his grudge against Tywin, didn't need to be seduced into naming Jaime. I think Varys whispered into Cersei's ear and trusted her to persuade Jaime.

6 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

Yeah, I think that Varys was most likely behind Jaime joining the Kingsguard, specifically to drive a wedge between Aerys and Tywin (as he was already trying to do between Aerys and Rhaegar). Petty, paranoid Aerys, with his grudge against Tywin, didn't need to be seduced into naming Jaime. I think Varys whispered into Cersei's ear and trusted her to persuade Jaime.

Or he learned of it through his little birds, posed as a friend to her, and said he'd help. And he proposed it to Aerys.

I really don't think that Aerys would have listened to a girl or woman on matters of state, let alone a Lannister daughter. But Varys certainly could have dropped a recommendation to the right people, including Aerys, and he'd say it the way that would appeal.

Archived