BwB NorCal Gathering

Prince Lodey

i have handed over the responsibility of the pictures to AG so it's up to her to get the album going. I have looked at them and may I say that not only did we have an excellent time, but we are a damn fine looking group!

i did manage to get to the homecoming game yesterday by 2, so the hangover wasn't too debilitating. this is surprising to me since i enjoyed the punch as much as everyone else. :cheers:

It was super fun to see everyone again and to meet Teri and Faceless Dude! I'm glad we managed to lay claim to the upstairs where we could actually talk to and hear one another. I'm having a little trouble recollecting the content of all the fascinating and engrossing conversations we engaged in, but I do recall that you all are intelligent and witty and fine conversationalists. Our photography skills don't quite measure up though...

So is it too soon to start planning the next gathering? i can't wait to see Kat crooning and serenading all of us ;)

What, the Stanford game? Or the homecoming game for the school you teach at? 'Cause if you went to the Stanford game, well... Christ, I'm sorry.

I'm having a little trouble recollecting the content of all the fascinating and engrossing conversations we engaged in, but I do recall that you all are intelligent and witty and fine conversationalists.

Seeing as how I was one of the few who did not get drunk (partly due to wanting to have a safe drive home, and partly due to simply not liking sweet drinks like punch), I can remember most of the conversation. Topics included:

comparison of our high schools and our graduating classes

joys and trials being a teacher

FD's job

so cal regional fast food chains

comparison of the drug cultures of the eighties vs now

fantasy football (mostly Bronn and Bazz)

the mafia slow game (Kat, me and Bronn)

the whiteness of the BwB and theories on causes

the price of mojitos

the merits (or not) of karaoke bars

when and what gets you singing

babies, do you enjoy being around them?

being a stay-at-home dad

are there good looking women at sf/fantasy cons?

coyote's daughter's red dress (example of above)

teasing Kat about her state of inebriation

living arrangements (esp AG's and Lann's, also Bronn's)

Bazz's facial hair experiments

reactionary reappearance of 'glories of the domestic arts' propoganda

teasing drunk Kat some more (actually, insert this line between any topic change)

There were frequent brief references to NHAW, but perhaps surprisingly, it wasn't a subject of extended conversation, more just toss-away comments.

Bazz's facial hair experiments

We were still downstairs when Kat arrived. She sat down at our table near me; I turned to face her and said hi. She stared at me like I was from Mars. It took her at least 15 seconds before she recognized me. Mind you, we'd already met a couple times, talked quite a bit, and I've even given her a ride in my car. Heck, there were pictures of me beardless during NHAW. Yet...remove the beard, and she didn't even recognize me.

And I think it was Lann who asked if I had grown my sideburns longer. Last time she saw me, I had a full beard.

Both of these incidents happened before the drinking started!

ETA: Good review Teri!

Archived