NFL IV

Kel

That line seems high, until your realize that while the Pats probably won't put up numbers like they have the last two weeks... they'll probably shut down the Skins offense, unless the D takes the week off (which I doubt will happen, since I think Belichick will be on their asses).

ETA: you forgot to make your picks again.

Yeah, exactly. And if the Skins break out the same offensive game plan as last week, even if by a miracle they shut down the Pats, they may actually score -2.3 points to allow 'em to cover.

I'll make a cameo set of picks this week. I wanted to make sure y'all got enough to enough of a head start before breaking out my proven system. Call to hear my picks on a recorded line.

I've picked against the Patriots (Spread) for the last two weeks. Does Washington have a healthy, legit defense? "Experts" talk about ways to stop the Patriots, but the Bills and the Dolphins showed a way. Long, sustained drives. The Dolphins owned the third Q. Brady and company rotted on the bench. Of course those only help if you have the lead.

I've picked against the Patriots (Spread) for the last two weeks. Does Washington have a healthy, legit defense? "Experts" talk about ways to stop the Patriots, but the Bills and the Dolphins showed a way. Long, sustained drives. The Dolphins owned the third Q. Brady and company rotted on the bench. Of course those only help if you have the lead.

The Washington defense is almost completely healthy and will be the best the Pats have faced yet. The issue is that the offense with it's O-line issues may not be able to sustain long enough drives to keep the Patriots offense off the field.

The other issue is that the Skins have depended on a four man rush to get pressure all year. But I don't see that happening against the Patriots O-line which looks to be the best in football by a substantial amount. So they'll have to blitz and that'll set up potential big plays.

Well until Belicheck put Brady back in when the lead was cut to 21.

Did you watch the game? The defense had a hard time getting off the field. Brady did not see the ball much in the Third quarter. The Fins had long drives that Belichick was angry about after the game.

Archived