NFL Playoffs

Space Bandito

Space Bandito posted about that on the previous page. Why don't people read threads before they post any more?

Maybe for the same reason you didn't read the article I actually posted? I did see Space Bandito's post. The article I posted has Indianapolis' response... she was awarded with Indy 500 tickets and honors by a station here in addition to what she got from the Patriots folks.

Maybe for the same reason you didn't read the article I actually posted? I did see Space Bandito's post. The article I posted has Indianapolis' response... she was awarded with Indy 500 tickets and honors by a station here in addition to what she got from the Patriots folks.

Heh. Oops. My bad.

:leaving:

dante, you harmed the cause of liberal elitism with that post.

Okay, um, well... I can't believe those classless Indy yokels are trying to make it up to this poor girl by giving her tickets to an event centered around gas-guzzling, noise-polluting cock-surrogate cars.

/end liberal elitism

though I love watching the Pats play, at this point I feel that a hard fought loss would be the most artistic outcome of their season. Really who wants to see a movie about a team that is simply better than you?

Fuck art, let's kill.

Heh. Oops. My bad.

No problem. :-] I guess I probably could have been more specific in my original post.

Okay, um, well... I can't believe those classless Indy yokels are trying to make it up to this poor girl by giving her tickets to an event centered around gas-guzzling, noise-polluting cock-surrogate cars.

/end liberal elitism

To be perfectly honest, I kind of agree. I'm not a huge fan of the Indy 500 myself, despite having lived all of my non-college life in Indianapolis. But the whole shebang around it is worth experiencing in the fullest once, at least. So it's something.

And it least it's not NASCAR. :-]

I read an article earlier today (I can't find it for the life of me now- it was on CNN or MSNBC) where the 14-year-old girl was interviewed and she said that many Colts fans came up to her after the incident and told her they weren't booing her personally but the jersey she was wearing. She described them as being very nice about it.

Irrelevant. They boo’d a 14 year old girl. Upon seeing THE GIRL later (as opposed to just the jersey) these fans were embarrassed and covered up their behavior. If the girl was offended or not is not the point. Patriot fans are decried from the rooftops for classless behavior; but INDY fans’ behavior was terrible. I will say I am happy to learn that they are embararssed and gave the girl Indy 500 tickets (more below).

I'm not defending the actions, but it happens. If you represent a team that nearly an entire stadium loathes, you are not going to be applauded.

UNTRUE! For starters, as others have said, she was required to wear a shirt; the Pats are her favorite team. Second, PEOPLE wearing bad guy uniforms are sometimes applauded- like, say Joe Torre (above). I also noted that when Veniterri and Damon came back to Foxboro and Fenway, respectively, they received cheers (if only once).

Many if not most sports fans are assholes when it comes to their rivals. All teams have fans that are this way. Please realize this and move on.

But all of them? We are talking a stadium filled with people, of which, what, 85% were booing? Its not as simple as “a few bad apples.â€

(Posada's handicapt son) was taunted by red sox fans about his handicapped son a few years ago. that's about as low as it gets.

Ooo… good point. However, that was not a stadium filled with people. Still classless, but that is more the “bad apple†variety.

Well played, Dante. Well played. I completely agree with you… wait, that may hurt your cause…

The San Diego Union Tribune is reporting that Rivers has a partially torn ACL and is very unlikely to play.

Honestly, I don't think this is a huge deal. I think Billy Volek is a serviceable NFL starter caliber QB (only one rung below Rivers) and that the Chargers weren't going to beat the Patriots in a shootout to begin with. The scheme will be the same - New England will try to take away the run and make the QB beat them. If they succeed in shutting down the run, they probably win - Rivers wasn't REALLY going to get any more respect from them than Volek will.

Archived