World of Warcraft

GoN

[quote name='Ghost of Nymeria' post='1664054' date='Jan 27 2009, 16.21']I already posted that, noob!

My highest crit on Healing Wave is 18k. I want to break 20 :(

Ah hah! I knew I was confused somehow. I was convinced yesterday you were in the EU, and so i was confused why you were having maintenance. The time difference can suck at times. I've lived in the UK and played in the US, and lived in the US and played on the EU servers. But that's more a problem when you are all grown up and raiding and stuff. Its not such a problem at the lower levels (although finding instance groups might be, depending on the time of day), and you have a pal to play with so that is good. :)[/quote]

heh, well, no pal yet. She convinced me to join as she re-joined, but is having computer problems so I'm leveling alone until the weekend. My aim is to be in the teens by the time she gets on :P

Guest thebadlady
I decided to focus on getting some cash built up so I could balls to the walls with my 70s. Some success there, esp with a donation from Race and Mandy (thanks again!!) Cost of training is insane!!!

I had my son fishing for hours and he just really wasn't leveling - I finally checked it out and auto-loot was off and he wasn't clicking on all the fish. *sigh* I am going to count it as punishment done anyway - he is a good boy and I can't blame him for a WoW addiction.

[quote name='thebadlady' post='1664086' date='Jan 27 2009, 10.39']I decided to focus on getting some cash built up so I could balls to the walls with my 70s. Some success there, esp with a donation from Race and Mandy (thanks again!!) Cost of training is insane!!!

I had my son fishing for hours and he just really wasn't leveling - I finally checked it out and auto-loot was off and he wasn't clicking on all the fish. *sigh* I am going to count it as punishment done anyway - he is a good boy and I can't blame him for a WoW addiction.[/quote]

Lol Nub!

:P

It's fun reading all this pally stuff. My tiny pally is lvl 9, wearing the sweet heirloom shoulders. I think she'll be ret if I ever get her anywhere, because the melee is so stuck in my brain and I think I'd be a really bad healer.

I got my Essence of Gossamer last night, no shaman pull required. After it dropped the lock insisted we do VH afterwards for his trinket, and it dropped too. I will very much enjoy not having to run AN and VH every day anymore.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1664207' date='Jan 27 2009, 12.16']I got my Essence of Gossamer last night, no shaman pull required. After it dropped the lock insisted we do VH afterwards for his trinket, and it dropped too. I will very much enjoy not having to run AN and VH every day anymore.[/quote]

Someone mentioned last night that AN was nerfed post-patch. Confirm? Deny?

Ret pallies are kinda lame at low levels. So much of what they do comes from talents. Two of the four moves in the entire rotation are the 41 and 51 point talents. The 11 point talent is your seal until level 62... or was it 64?. Until you get to Judgements of the Wise, mana is a major issue. And Seal of Command is so annoying.

[quote name='TerraPrime' post='1664234' date='Jan 27 2009, 10.39']Someone mentioned last night that AN was nerfed post-patch. Confirm? Deny?[/quote]
The only nerf I know of is that the achievement for the last boss was nerfed from kill in 2 min, to a kill in 4. However, the achievement still said 2 min in the log, which is wrong.

The rest of the instance didnt seemed nerfed to me at all.

Phelan, I dont think she'll see an instance until Lich King, so hopefully it'll be okay. I'm going to get her some of the pvp heirlooms cause I have hundreds of shards and I figure their better than lvl 5 trash gear.

[quote]Someone mentioned last night that AN was nerfed post-patch. Confirm? Deny?[/quote]

No nerfs that I noticed, other than the achievement Blue Rose mentioned. We were 4 seconds off. Grrrr.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1664243' date='Jan 27 2009, 13.44']Phelan, I dont think she'll see an instance until Lich King, so hopefully it'll be okay. I'm going to get her some of the pvp heirlooms cause I have hundreds of shards and I figure their better than lvl 5 trash gear.[/quote]

I mean, even soloing, it can be painful. Granted, when I was leveling, Judgment did pathetic amounts of damage, which meant that I basically did autoattack damage with the occasional seal of command proc. And burned through mana such that every 2-3 mobs meant a stop to drink. This only got worse once Crusader Strike was added to the mix to consume mana, but with Judgments of the Wise coming first, and Judgment doing enough damage to not be a joke, it should be less painful.

At times my mana consumption was so bad I was blessing myself with Wisdom rather than Might.

Re: GN BlueRose

Thanks for the info. I still have not been able to win a heroic AN. :cry:

Re: Phelan

[quote name='PhelanArcetus' post='1664276' date='Jan 27 2009, 13.03']At times my mana consumption was so bad I was blessing myself with Wisdom rather than Might.[/quote]

All paladins are members of AA - they all have drinking problems. I don't go out of two without 2 full stacks of drinks.

I also Bless of Wis during my run time, and switch back to Might when I close in on a mob. When I tanked the WC run, I had to use Bless of Wis + Judge of Wis to keep from having to sit down to drink between each pull.

ETA: Judge of Light procs a LOT more than Judge of Wis. I'm guessing about 3 times more frequently. It's better for mana, I think, to Judge Light, just so you don't have to heal yourself. But in instance when I have a healer, Judging Wis is not bad.

[quote name='TerraPrime' post='1664344' date='Jan 27 2009, 14.38']Re: GN BlueRose
Thanks for the info. I still have not been able to win a heroic AN. :cry:[/quote]
Is the problem with the final boss?

Keep that last mob alive and feared, stunned, controlled for as long as necessary to get people up to full health and mana - he won't respawn if one of them is alive. Won't get you the achievement that way (most likely), but will give you recovery/reset position time.

[quote name='Greywolf2375' post='1664353' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.46']Is the problem with the final boss?

Keep that last mob alive and feared, stunned, controlled for as long as necessary to get people up to full health and mana - he won't respawn if one of them is alive. Won't get you the achievement that way (most likely), but will give you recovery/reset position time.[/quote]

That's a good trick for the last guy, I didnt know it.

We've got the place down now after running it so many times for my trinket, but my team had a problem with the first boss more than anything. The Skirmishers do a random charge and the shadowcasters stand out of range, making my life difficult. Death grip and eveyone standing with me helped us a lot.

[quote name='TerraPrime' post='1664344' date='Jan 27 2009, 14.38']Re: Phelan

All paladins are members of AA - they all have drinking problems. I don't go out of two without 2 full stacks of drinks.

I also Bless of Wis during my run time, and switch back to Might when I close in on a mob. When I tanked the WC run, I had to use Bless of Wis + Judge of Wis to keep from having to sit down to drink between each pull.

ETA: Judge of Light procs a LOT more than Judge of Wis. I'm guessing about 3 times more frequently. It's better for mana, I think, to Judge Light, just so you don't have to heal yourself. But in instance when I have a healer, Judging Wis is not bad.[/quote]

As a ret pally this is no longer the case. I've not yet used up the 40 or so water I started with, though I've used about half of the 80 the naaru rations I stocked up for Northrend. Basically, I judge Wisdom, and since I do enough damage to tear most non-elites apart in just a single cycle (which is of course just three GCDs). Occasionally I skip Crusader Strike and Divine Storm to boost my mana without stopping. Occasional Art of War'd instant heals along with popping my herbalism HoT mean that I rarely have one resource low and the other high.

Whether you want to judge Wisdom or Light, I think, depends on how much damage you take vs. how much you deal. As a ret paladin, I find that getting the mana back is more useful, given that I do a lot of damage.

Back in BC era, there was a period where I needed Wisdom to avoid drinking after every mob.

I have only done a few heroic instances, but tried AN twice last night with 2 different groups. Neither one could get past the first boss, lots of adds came storming in and Tank could not hold aggro for the life of him. I was pulling healing aggro with just lesser healing wave and eating lots of damage.

Same group went on and did a pretty quick mop up of Gundark Heroic and had no problem with Oculus. Might be a simple tactic fix or group makeup requirement, but we ate it try after try to the spiders. We had warrior, druid, rogue, warlock and Shammy healer.

[quote name='Ser Stephen' post='1664492' date='Jan 27 2009, 13.30']I have only done a few heroic instances, but tried AN twice last night with 2 different groups. Neither one could get past the first boss, lots of adds came storming in and Tank could not hold aggro for the life of him. I was pulling healing aggro with just lesser healing wave and eating lots of damage.

Same group went on and did a pretty quick mop up of Gundark Heroic and had no problem with Oculus. Might be a simple tactic fix or group makeup requirement, but we ate it try after try to the spiders. We had warrior, druid, rogue, warlock and Shammy healer.[/quote]
If you have more than 3 adds at once, you're doing it wrong. Pull the first 3, and wait for the other groups of 3 to come to you. Skirmishers have to die first because they do a random charge off the tank to someone else.
You can line of sight up the path to make the casters come to you, but I actually found it harder that way.

It may have something to do with not burning them down fast enough, now, because it appeared that the boss released his adds before we finished with the 3 groups leading up to him. We would get the first group down, but before finishing the second, and definitely before finishing the 3rd we would get overrun with additional adds.

The DPS probably didn't appreciate the necessity of getting the skirmishers down first, and I didn't appreciate the attention they paid to me. I also did not appreciate the amount of time I spent tied up in sticky web when that happened.

Guest thebadlady
Am digging trying to figure out the ins and outs of gm mechanics. Lag is so bad that I am doing nothing but fishing for gold (savory deviate delights sell very well, as do stacks of raw fish for leveling cooking). I will need to grind out 10K to afford to play at this rate. Fucking Blizzard - they should be giving peeps a rebate cuz of this shit.

Archived