Chrome - Site Always Loading?

Foreverlad

Ever since switching to Google Chrome, I've noticed that... eh... 90% of the time, this site never 'officially' stops loading. Page displays fine, posts will update with a reload, etc. but for some odd reason, unless I direct my tab to stop loading, it will continuously show the loading cycle icon.

I've also noticed this kind of behavior on Facebook where sometimes the page doesn't even load, so I'm not blaming this on forum code, was more curious to know if anyone else experiences anything like this, or understands what might be causing the behavior?

Using Chrome, I see this occasionally with some sites, but never with this one. I tend to just ignore it, since the site is actually loading fine. Maybe it's a pre-fetching thing? I have no idea.

Could be a portion of the web page that's having an issue. I usually see this behavior when a javascript function is having trouble executing. The result is what you describe, page will seemingly be displaying content (server is done rendering its stuff), but the function is not done, and so to the client it's not completely loaded.

You can test this theory by temporarily disabling Javascript for your web browser.

Could be a portion of the web page that's having an issue. I usually see this behavior when a javascript function is having trouble executing. The result is what you describe, page will seemingly be displaying content (server is done rendering its stuff), but the function is not done, and so to the client it's not completely loaded.

You can test this theory by temporarily disabling Javascript for your web browser.

Thanks guys.

Aside from my mouse pointer occasionally displaying the cycling icon, there's no real annoyance. I'll play with Javascript and see if anything changes or worsens. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

Aside from my mouse pointer occasionally displaying the cycling icon, there's no real annoyance. I'll play with Javascript and see if anything changes or worsens. :thumbsup:

Hmm, I use Chrome and have never noticed it. Will keep an eye out.

• 1 month later...

Ever since switching to Google Chrome, I've noticed that... eh... 90% of the time, this site never 'officially' stops loading. Page displays fine, posts will update with a reload, etc. but for some odd reason, unless I direct my tab to stop loading, it will continuously show the loading cycle icon.

I've also noticed this kind of behavior on Facebook where sometimes the page doesn't even load, so I'm not blaming this on forum code, was more curious to know if anyone else experiences anything like this, or understands what might be causing the behavior?

same problem, but you should be able to fix it yourself by channeling the powers of your avatar.

Archived