What Character Do You Identify With Most Strongly?

Monday

Hmm, that's kind of hard. I guess I would say I'm a mix of Tyrion (I love to read and I tend to be a wise-ass) and Arya (I'm a total tomboy), with maybe a small dash of Sandor (I got bullied pretty bad as a kid and my classmates tend to find me intimidating).

Or maybe I should just say that I'm Sansa's polar opposite, that seems simpler.

Sansa. I don't sew, but I'm definitely a more feminine type of girl. I also identify with her shyness, her sense of helplessness in the face of huge machinations going on around her, and her desire to lose herself in fantasies. (Ahem.) I also think Sansa's got some fierce intelligence and mental toughness underneath her whispy exterior, and those are certainly qualities I aspire to.

• 2 weeks later...

Davos Seaworth because I say it how it is.

Brienne for being stubborn as anything especially when it comes to my code of honor, and also because I'm a tall girl.

Jamie for being the one that does what has to be done when no one else has the guts to do it.

Tyrion, with a little of Jaime and a little of Cersei. I use my mind a lot to solve problems, I'm manipulative and I always find a way to get what I want from people. But, sometimes I'm stupid and I do things without thinking, just like Jaime. And most of the times, I get caught in my own web, just like Cersei.

Theon. I can be a self-righteous asshole when I choose to, and I constantly feel as though I've been cheated even though I outwardly act humble. Also, I'm always trying to prove myself, and usually end up failing, making others think I'm completely incompetent. I look like him, too.

Doran Martell and Stannis Baratheon, for starters. I've got a long memory, and with closure I can forgive and forget, but without closure... I dwell, and dwell, and dwell.

As for a particularly chapter that got me in a nutshell, it was Jon at the wall when Donal Noye told him he was being a bitter douchebag for showing off and repulsing his sworn brothers instead of helping them. That one definitely hit home.

Ned or Davos. Davos because as others said, I'm from humble origins and I do the most with what I can. I will bend rules to help my family and I, but I won't go as far as hurting others for it. Fairness and justice are two things I hold high and I'm honest, hard-working, and trustworthy. :thumbsup:

A lot of that fits in with Ned as well, but I will go out of my way to do the "right" thing. I do my best to be a righteous person, even at my expense. Not to say I'm not like others, there are tons of qualities I could pick and choose (I am very humorous) but those two are the closest to me. And while all the above is true, I am totally capable of being a manipulative, scheming douchebag like Petyr (a personal favorite character of mine) but I do my best to not do things like that. :smoking:

Tyrion - Not so much re his intelligence and plotting, although I read alot and am fairly bright. I relate to his general character - generally kind hearted and sticks up for the underdog but can be hard and unforgiving when crossed. But mostly because like him I fall in love too easily and have little or no expectation that it will be returned in kind.

Ned and Yoren - for their unflinching sense of honour and propensity for self sacrifice.

Viserys - Not his general character of morals but his bitterness about what should/could have been. He moans about having to wait seventeen years for his rightful crown and I feel disappointment and bitterness about things i didn't do when I was younger and things that got away. Brando's line from On the Waterfront "I coulda been a contender, I could've been somebody" sums it up nicely, but unlike Brando nobody was to blame but me and unlike Viserys nobody took it from me either. But I can empathise with his frustration and longing.

In much the same way as every little girl wants to be Jo from Little Women, I think when I read aGoT I wanted to be Arya.

In many ways I am like her (stubborn, enraged by perceived injustices, unable to hold my tongue when it would be wise to do so, tomboy).

Weirdly she's not my favorite character at all... hmmm... What does that say about my self-esteem?? :rolleyes:

Tywin. If your enemies defy you, serve them steel. But if they bend the knee, you must help them to their feet, else no man will bend the knee to you. Absolutely spot on

Obviously I don't agree with his viewpoint on dwarfs, women etc but then I'm not living in the dark ages.

I don't think I fit as any of the characters, honestly.

The closest I could come would be the Reader (Asha's uncle), with a healthy dash of Bran (lots of imagination, a father that's hard to measure up to, and I climb stuff like a spider monkey).

A bit of Varys, in that sooner or later, I hear everything.

But personality? Nobody fits.

Jaime/Tyrion make some stupid decisions and they both have some flaw that they are hopelessly enslaved too (not at the end though) though im leaning 65% Tyrion there and Jaime is the person i wish i could become like Tyrion himself who idolises Jaime and i would say Jon for my general personality without his natural leadership skills so with a dash of Samwell there, find it hard to speak up at times, then i got a bit of Robert and Gregor who have enormously vast anger at times but i also think i have the cunning Cersei's vindictive and slow burning anger. I don't think one character could fit the mould because i can act differently to the same situation.

Littlefinger, I seem to manipulate alot of people into what I want even if they don't know it and most of my stuff is just for the sake of it like Petyr. Although I have aspects of Rhaegar and Viserys, Rheagar with the bookworm/warrior angle and then Viserys with my kind albeit sometimes behaviour turning into sadistic temper.

Some combination of Robb, Jaime, Brienne, and Arianne. Robb for growing up the oldest sibling and always trying to do the right thing, Jaime for having my intentions misread/sarcasm not understood so many times, Brienne for her strength and kindness, and Arianne for her stubbornness and independence.

Archived