Your plans for "Dance Day"

All-For-HotPie

Just to revive what I am sure is an old topic: What do you plan to do on the day we have all been waiting for, when DWD is released?

I just put in for three days off work so I can relax and read through it slowly without missing as much as possible. That way I won't be spending 10 hours at work killing myself with anticipation for several days.

Just to revive what I am sure is an old topic: What do you plan to do on the day we have all been waiting for, when DWD is released?

I just put in for three days off work so I can relax and read through it slowly without missing as much as possible. That way I won't be spending 10 hours at work killing myself with anticipation for several days.

Nook for PC app is already installed on my work computer. Productivity will be at an all time low.

Thankfully my oldest son doesn't break up from school until that Friday (15th), so we'll have a few free days to read without him around.

I'll be buying three copies - one for myself, one for my hubby, and one as a birthday present for my sister (who's birthday it is on the 16th) and then just enjoying the book at home. I think I'll probably make sure I have lots of easy to prepare food in so I don't waist valuable reading time cooking! LOL

I have already taken off work that day, gotten a babysitter for the kids, and will be waiting at the door when the bookstore opens that morning, and read as much as humanly possible before the responsibilities of life demand I put it down for awhile until the next possible moment I can continue reading until I'm done with it.

I'm working half a day and then heading to the Barnes and Noble around 2pm. I will read there until GRRM's signing that night. Then hopefully there will be a BwB event that night and then the nxt two days off of work.

You guys have such excellent plans. I have no plan. So far, what I've planned to do is to read the last POVs from all the ongoing characters from ASOF and AFFC. (Because I just finished my reread and realized that I should have planned better.) I love the idea of taking the day and the books and having a picnic with reading in some lovely park.

I'm working half a day and then heading to the Barnes and Noble around 2pm. I will read there until GRRM's signing that night. Then hopefully there will be a BwB event that night and then the nxt two days off of work.

That sounds perfect.

I haven't made plans yet, but the last HP film also comes out that week so I am psyched!

Self-employed here so I'm going to be working until the truck shows up with the book and then I'll probably work half days until I finish.

Anyone have any suggestions for background music to listen to while reading it? I prefer not to have any but sometimes I need to drown out other noises.

Play Pokemon, use "Dragon Dance" as a move a lot.

Considering I'm in College with no summer job, probably just lesiurely read it, or read it all in one night as I have done before. When I get into books I get into them....It took me about 9 days to reread the series, while in an 6 hour long summer school course. Hah.

I've asked for the 12th off work, and plan to be at the book shop first thing in the morning.

Unfortunately (?) my graduation is the next day so I don't know what I'll do! Might try to sneak the book in under my gown, but I think that might be a bit out of order...

BUT fortunately (!) I have a trans-Atlantic flight on the 17th, so I can finish reading and reread on that! Huzzah!

Self-employed here so I'm going to be working until the truck shows up with the book and then I'll probably work half days until I finish.

Anyone have any suggestions for background music to listen to while reading it? I prefer not to have any but sometimes I need to drown out other noises.

When HP 6 came out, I listened to Radio static, seriously.

For Dance, I'd recommend, maybe the LOTR soundtrack or the Braveheart soundtrack.

Hopefully I can find a bookstore that is doing a midnight release of it.

Other than that though, I don't plan on blazing it through it right away. The last books I didn't read to carefully it seems, because I missed a lot of small details that people on the forums here have pointed out.

I also want to savour it.

Archived