Whose going to be the first person to die in TWOW?

wood_dat_aye_could

Personnally, I would love to see this book start with Maester Qyburn preparing UnGregor for the trial by champion for Cersei. Maybe have him warm up by knocking a few Tyrells off the list, or even getting chopped himself. It makes sense considering the trial was to take place soon after the end of the last books, and considering how the Maesters have always been prologued in the previous books.

The chapter released on new years eve actually mentions a newly dead character (who was still alive when we last saw him in ADWD).

If you're talking about who I think you are, there was never any ironclad evidence that he was ever dead.

Don't believe anything about anyone being dead in these books unless you see a body and sometimes not even then.

We might get another Oldtown scene With Jaqen Killing someone else. We know to little about the Maesters/Oldtown/Hightowers etc. We need alot of Chapters there. Any chance Jaqen/Pate will help Sam or kill him to get closer to whatever he is trying to get?

... There is a pattern.

To expand on the pattern more, the three prologues north of the Wall involved wights/Others and the two prologues south of the Wall involved maesters.

Yes! That would constitute as a pattern, I stand corrected, good job!

If that the case, I think a maester/acolyte death at the hands of Jaqen is too predictable, but we'll see.

I'm sure GRRM is saving the Rock for the arrival of Dany by the West...

Otherwise, I'd think the first major character to die will be Jon Connington.

Connington is already dead with the greyscale true, but I think he has a lot to contribute before it comes to that, dont see him getting wacked this early..

Haldon Half Maester on the other hand.. could fit the Prologue pattern, and maybe give us some insight about Aegon VI

First chapter (after the prologue):

Melisandre

"Jon Snow died today, after 3 days of comatose sleep following the attack. The Night's Watch has been plunged into chaos. Why did he not heed my warning?"

Massive trolling potential there.

Theon will surely go pretty soon.

Being surrounded in a camp of Northmen who want him dead, who are soon going to be in battle with Northmen who want him flayed and dead... in the snow where even if he managed to escape captivity and sneak passed all these men who want him dead, he's surrounded in deep snow that will make a fast getaway impossible.

RIP Theon.

Theon will surely go pretty soon.

Being surrounded in a camp of Northmen who want him dead, who are soon going to be in battle with Northmen who want him flayed and dead... in the snow where even if he managed to escape captivity and sneak passed all these men who want him dead, he's surrounded in deep snow that will make a fast getaway impossible.

RIP Theon.

The Northmen worship the Old Gods. If the tree (Bran) says Theon lives, then Theon lives.

Archived