Football #25

Renasko

The nominees for the young player are probably worse Oxlade Chamberlain hasn't played enough Sturridge hasn't had constant form Aguero shouldn't be picked for both so its fairer on other players. Again players from smaller clubs such as James McClean Victor Moses and Scott Sinclair are just being ignored its ridiculous

How the fuck does McLean, who only started playing after O'Neill took over and has quietened up a bit after his great start, deserve to be there if Sturridge doesn't? Agreed, the nominations are weighted and very biased towards both the top and British (Rooney over Valencia? Yeah, no), but I've seen McClean mentioned a few times and I'm not sure why.

Quite why Demba Ba isn't in the nominations for best player (and in fact no Newcastle nomination in either list) I don't know, that's laughable.

Great win for Wigan.

I hadn't really noticed it before the last few weeks but Robin Van Persie is a bit of a cock. I hate when footballers square up to people when they are never, ever going to actually do anything. Is it supposed to impress anyone?

He's an arrogant Dutch bastard, can't stand him.

Quite why Demba Ba isn't in the nominations for best player (and in fact no Newcastle nomination in either list) I don't know, that's laughable.

demba ba isn't on the list because he was absent for a month due to the african cup of nations and his form after that was nowhere near his form in the first part of the season (which was nothing short of fantastic)

on the other hand, sturridge has given less notable performance over the season and he is on the list, so i guess demba ba should be there as well.

demba ba isn't on the list because he was absent for a month due to the african cup of nations and his form after that was nowhere near his form in the first part of the season (which was nothing short of fantastic)

on the other hand, sturridge has given less notable performance over the season and he is on the list, so i guess demba ba should be there as well.

His goalscoring form hasn't been great since his return but that's in large part due to being moved to the left wing and generally engaging more in creating to allow Cisse, the stronger finisher, to score more. He's obviously been less impressive but he's probably been more useful post January than, say, Silva, who has spent most of the last three months looking absolutely shattered.

I don't think a single player apart from RvP (and maybe Yaya apart from the games he missed) has been truly impressive all season long, and Ba's 'off' form has been arguably better than any of the others. I mean, Aguero's been pretty consistent, but I don't think there's ever been a point where he's been a standout performer all-round for a run of games.

Archived