Someone other than Dany, Jon Could end up with

houseHB

The situation is slightly different though, Catelyn and Brandon were only betrothed. Changing the bridegroom was mainly in order to honour that contract. As Jeyne is Robb's widow, there is no such promise involved. It's also somewhat of a major letdown to lose the king she loved only to marry a bastard she's never seen before.

Why does Jon (or any character) need to end up with someone? Truly curious question as I'm baffled at all of the shipping threads I come across. The most unsatisfying ending I could imagine for the series would be that everyone settles down happily ever after with a mate.

But by all means not Melisandre, please.

This so much. She is way too creepy. I do not think anyone wants little shadowjons running around Westeros murdering people.

And not Val, not Alys Karstark, not his sisters, not any other women fans might ship him with.

His wows. There are really no good female characters to ship with Jon (and I like shipping characters), so I would like it the best if he stays faithful. Dany is the only one possible, but as has been said many times, they just would not work togetherm most likely.

Val - too minor character

Jeyne - she was his brother's wife, I do not think he would like it

Margaery is in KL, Arianne and Myrcella (Lannister!) in Dorne - none of them will be coming to the Wall soon

Meera - his younger brother has a crush on her. It might go, they are even relatively near, although they have not yet met. But it still sounds random.

The only viable non-Dany pairing has to be Val. They have a sort of chemistry together and not in an annoying way like Jon and Ygritte.

As much as I love Dany, I don't see her and Jon together. First, they can't just be thrown together. It will feel cheap and rushed if GRRM just did some slapdash job on a :relationship development for them. I can see them working together as allies but not romantically.

@ Buckwheat

I think the Meera thing could work quite well. They are both in the North, and Meera has no need to stay with Bloodraven.

She might take Jojen and Hodor back to the wall with the thoughts of it being safe, and meet Jon there.

That way Bran is still with Bloodraven, and would not see their relationship flourish and be hurt by it.

Meera is brave and can fight, is fiesty and bold, not unlike Ygritte or Arya.

And it would allow Jon to find out about Howland Reed, which will allow us to know.

Also, if Jon takes Winterfell, it means he has the loyalty of the Cranogmen.

I think the Val ship sailed. Tormund's son may steal her in his absence and I don't see Val living long enough.

I don't think "Aegon" is real so Rhaegar has only one chance for his line to be continued and that's with Jon.

Ten bucks says Jon ends up with either Arianne Martell or one of the Mormont sisters. There's been plenty of literary hints for either one (especially for Arianne).

Lady Hodor,

I see where you are coming from and your arguments are very logical, they have a chance to meet, she is the link to Howland, he would most probably like her.

But the fact is that they have never met in the story till now, and there are no hints in the books that they may end in love with one another, well, because we have not seen any interaction between them. It seems random to me to say "an x character will end up with an y character because they are on the similar part of the continent and may like each other."

We saw hints (prophecy of the Undying) that Dany might fell in love with him, and she is the only main enough character (if this makes sense) to be with Jon. I think they will have a romance.

tze,

I am not sure if you are joking, but I would dearly love to see some of the "literary hints" that show that Jon will end up with Arianne Martell.

Ten bucks says Jon ends up with either Arianne Martell or one of the Mormont sisters. There's been plenty of literary hints for either one (especially for Arianne).

Just curious, what hints are you talking about? With Arianne, I mean.

Jeyne Westerling, If the theories of a switched Jeyne are correct what if like what Ned did when Brandon died, Jon marries Jeyne in Robb's place so there is a true Stark in Winterfell.

I like this idea. fits the bittersweet ending guidelines pretty well.

personally, I want to see him with Val. I think it would be perfect that he turned down Winterfell and Stannis pretty much handing Val to him in ASOS, only for him to realize later in the series that he really likes her, and for them to happen on their own terms. bonus points if they become Lord and Lady of Winterfell and have a kid named Robb and raise him with Dalla's baby like Jon was thinking in ASOS sorry, I'm feeling kind of sappy ^_^

I hope Val. Tormund and Ghost support it too. Notice how Tormund seemed more supportive of Jon and Val than of Val and his son.

Also I think Ghost and Val belong together thought is important. I don't think it's a coincidence that Varamyr describes the warg bond between humans and wolves as a marriage. I wonder if there is a broader implication that wargs need their wolves to approve of the warg's human spouse. If the wolf doesn't approve maybe the bond gets screwed up or weaker. I think that might have happened to Robb. Maybe his warging did start to develop while he was west, but it receded after marriage. Grey Wind's reaction to Jeyne might not just be because of the Westerling betrayal but also because he feels replaced.

I thought that there was a clue that Arianne might like Aegon. I don't think Jon is good looking like his father. He may be handsome but not to that degree.

"He is highborn enough to make a worthy consort, she thought. Father would

question my good sense, but our children would be as beautiful as dragonlords.

"

personally, I want to see him with Val. I think it would be perfect that he turned down Winterfell and Stannis pretty much handing Val to him in ASOS, only for him to realize later in the series that he really likes her, and for them to happen on their own terms. bonus points if they become Lord and Lady of Winterfell and have a kid named Robb and raise him with Dalla's baby like Jon was thinking in ASOS sorry, I'm feeling kind of sappy ^_^

I don't see Jon ever becoming the Lord of Winterfell but if he ever were to he should marry someone from one of the Northern houses imo. I think Val may cause unnecessary conflict. For instance she is a wildling and is associated with Mance. At the very least I see the Umbers having a problem.

Archived