Most hated characters?

FacelessDude

Least favorite characters (after finishing SOS).

-Dany. An ingrate that wouldn't have survived without Jorah Mormont yet she banishes him for a past 'treason'. The guy led you to your slave army and put you on the path towards becoming a conqueror. Not to mention saving her life a few times. I'm sure they will make amends though.

-Barristan. I like his character most of the time but he was nothing but a troll around Jorah.

-Ygritte. I don't completely hate her but if I had a silver stag for everytime she tells Jon Snow that he doesn't know anything---I would be able to purchase that girl at the beginning of AFOC and have money left over to buy Bronns loyalty.

-Catelyn. I just never liked her. Don't think I am the only one either out there. She just seems like an abrasive know-all that in truth probally knows less than Jon Snow.

-Alliser Thorne. Obvious. The guy is a tool. Same goes with his compadre, Janos Slynt.

Walder Frey(s): He broke all the laws of gods and man in front of Gods and men. I loved Robb and Smalljon who he successfully had killed, as well as the Greatjon who is a hostage I believe.

I hate Slynt a lot to, but I will go with Mel here. I feel like she has corrupted Stannis, cranks out shadow babies to kill a loved person like Renly, and a honorable person like Ser Cortnay Penrose. Not to mention she continuously tries to force Stannis to burn Edric Storm, a small boy.

Renly a beloved person???He was just a thief trying to steal my realm and my throne.

SANSA, Walder Frey, Alliser Thorne, Janis Slynt, and Shae.

Cat upset me very much after releasing Jamie, but even Robb said he should have done it earlier.

I just finished the book 2 days ago. I don't know how the TV series is going to include so much that has happened. Best book so far for me, I don't see the other books measuring up, tho they may still be good.

Sansa is just so annoying to me from the first book.

Lil Finger is just a snake, u can't expect any less; so I can't say I hate him.

I hate House Frey,Bolton and the others who killed you-know-who(no one can say i'm giving spoilers). I hate Maester Pycelle, he's just a Cersei's mime along with the Kettleblack family.

And from the Wall and beyond it, I hate Rattleshirt,Sor Thorne and Janos.

Easy choice, Walder Frey and Joffrey Lannister. I don't hate Walder with the burning passion that most people seem to, though, as I think Robb was really starting to fail as a leader, and no matter how awesome a King in the North sounds, I find it hard to imagine it would work, this isn't the age of heroes anymore. Oh, and he wants to steal half of Stannis' kingdom. All hail Stannis, the rightful king!

• 5 weeks later...

Catelyn.

So sure of the righeousness of her actions, but never a real thought about the consequences.

You must really hate Ned. And Tywin. And Tyrion. And Robb.

Over the top irrational Cat hate: the surest sign of a man-child with mommy issues around these parts.

The two characters i hate the most after this book are Catlyn (spoiler for the end of the book)

especially un-cat, almost felt sorry for her when she was dead but mostly just realieved she was out of it, but then un-cat comes along . . .

and The Mountain, who I never liked, but now hate him more.

As for all the Catelyn hate, I get that she is a real debbie downer and she has made some stupid decisions with many bad consequences. But at least her actions are based on her desire to help her family and protect her children, as opposed to pure maliciousness or thirst for power over other people. I do hate her treatment of Jon, and she's far from perfect, but I don't outright hate her character because there are so many more worthy of hate. My most hated:

Roose Bolton: I think his role in the Red Wedding was more malicious even than Walder Frey's. Walder is a cranky old man and from his perspective was genuinely wronged by Robb, though Roose (in cooperation with Tywin) just used the opportunity to stoke the old man's resentment and get him on board for the massacre. But Roose is cold to the core and is simply out to become the most powerful lord of the North and get out of owing allegiance to any Starks. I think the plan to screw over Robb was probably hatched with Tywin following the battle on the Green Fork. I bet everything Roose did from that point on was in alliance with Tywin and a deception to Robb, just waiting for the romance between Robb and Jeyne (which was surely a trap orchestrated between Tywin and the Westerlings) to culminate in the Red Wedding. Also, Roose spawned that disgusting psycho Ramsay. And to top it all off, he turned Brienne over to Vargo to exploit as he pleased.

Joffrey: Obvious reasons, although I was really disturbed by his clear intent to have his way with Sansa regardless of their canceled betrothal.

Alliser Thorne: He just couldn't stand the idea that Jon, being a bastard and so young, is also so much more skilled than him. This guy has always bothered me.

Littlefinger: He's got the world's biggest chip on his shoulder for being born of minor status and for being deemed unworthy of Cat's hand in marriage. He seems to find it amusing to play these games with people's lives, regardless of the consequences, just to know that he's pulling the strings of so many powerful people yet they don't even know it. After getting rich in King's Landing you'd think living well would be revenge enough, but he just can't stop grabbing for more power and prestige.

Gregor Clegane: A remorseless killing machine, death is too good for him, at least Oberyn was able to make him suffer at length.

What on earth do you hate Catelyn for 0.o It beggars belief that she is a subject of hate as it makes me think people are just reading a completely different series than I am.

The poor woman is going through hell on earth, does she deserve to be hated as well? Especially when there are people like Walder Frey, the Boltons, Tywin, Joffrey, Gregor Clegane etc.

No I agree. I HATE Catelyn. She is so self-victimizing and it's even gotten hard for me to read her chapters. I can't help but think that so much strife for several characters stem from her actions. She acts emotionally and on impulse. Very frustrating.

I despised Asha for the way she treated Theon (yeah sorry, I don't find dissing the homeless dude 'funny' or 'stylish') but started disliking her less as the series went on.

Balon Greyjoy: totally idiotic leader and poor maker of decisions, made the War of the Five Kings much less epic than it could have been.

Gregor Clegane: cruel bastard. Raped an innocent tavern owner's daughter and laughed about it, burned his brother's face, raped Elie and killed her kids and did a while lot of other stuff. His brother, on the other hand, is a freaking awesome, bad-ass, brilliant character and very likable.

Cersei Lannister: she is inherently a bitch. No ifs and buts. She's a totally horrible woman down to the very core of her sexy body.

Walder Frey: isn't it obvious?

Ramsay Bolton: see Gregor Clegane.

Arianne Martel: seductive, hot-headed, arrogant, greedy girl with little or no foresight.

Janos Slynt: cockroach who needs to be stepped on, really hard.'

And then there's a whole lot of minor characters. Ser Alliser Thorne, for one.

Archived