Lannister Downfall.

Hmadkour

With GRRM recently comparing the Lannisters to the New England Patriots, and given his views on the Patriots, I expect the Lannisters to be largely annihilated, disgraced, stripped of their land, and replaced.

I think that the constant references to "The Rains of Castamere" are telegraphing the end of the Lannisters in a "what goes around, comes around" way. Tywin is famous for mercilessly eradicating two noble houses, so the eradication of his line, if not all Lannisters, seems inevitable.

The Lannisters are done for, I don't see Tyrion magically making house Lannister powerful again even if he was Dany's hand and Dany won the throne.

Cercei is disgraced and a known brotherf*cker (even the smallfolk know this). She might regain some power in TWOW but I really don't see how she can remain in power in the long term. Jaime is off his rocker, crippled and now missing on some mad quest. I highly doubt he'll ever beget children who will become powerful.

Tywin and Kevan got shot, but even when they were both alive the relied heavily and Tyrell militairy power after the Northmen defeated them several times. And everyone knows about the grand betrayal of the RW and while performed by houses Frey+Bolton, everyone knows about Tywin's involvement.

No Lannisters are done for. Their role is solely to help other protaganists defeat the Others/Dragons.

I doubt the lannisters are done for because of tyrion, tyrion is still lawfully wed to sansa and the rock is his now. by supporting dany and his plan with the second sons he will probably reclaim his seat and have a northern wife. cersei and jamie on the other hand are a disgrace to their house and family name and must die remember the baratheons were little more than targ by blows be4 the conquest tyrion can easily strengthen house lannister with a targ queen who has freaking dragons

I doubt the lannisters are done for because of tyrion, tyrion is still lawfully wed to sansa and the rock is his now. by supporting dany and his plan with the second sons he will probably reclaim his seat and have a northern wife. cersei and jamie on the other hand are a disgrace to their house and family name and must die remember the baratheons were little more than targ by blows be4 the conquest tyrion can easily strengthen house lannister with a targ queen who has freaking dragons

:agree:

Lets hope so. Our hope rests on Tyrion it would seem.

Hate to even type this, but I don't think Tyrion will live through the end of the series.. He's cheatd death too many times already.

In last weeks episode I think we got a hit from GRRM about thr manner in which Tommen might die, at the hands of his own mother, in a mistaken attempt to save him from worse manners of dying. Myrcella, doesn't seem likely to live out the end of TWoW either... Jaime takes Cersei's life and then his own, Tyrion dies nobly in battle against the Others - possibly riding one of the dragons - and then all that's left of the Lannisters are the cousins, one of whom is still MIA.

I don't think the series will end with one heroic and "good" character from each house living to the end and bringing glory back. The Lannisters, Arryns and Tullys in particular.... Don't see them recovering.

He killed Tywin, meaning the Rock isn't his, and he won't be married to Sansa by the end of the series- the chances of him being dead are actually higher.

He killed Tywin, meaning the Rock isn't his, and he won't be married to Sansa by the end of the series- the chances of him being dead are actually higher.

I agree with you: Tyrion is a kinslayer, that didn´t consumated his marriage and that wil be - most certainly - dead by the end of the story.

But the Lannisters are far from finished: gold in great quantities, a great city, a land with good defensive capabilities (mountains and castles; breached one time by the cunning of a wolf and his master), a numerous family (with 5 possible male Lannister heirs), bannermen that proved till now to be faithful (no Karstark, Bolton, Florent or Frey types), Casterly Rock and the survival instinct of the Lions: if the enemy is too strong, lets try to get in their good graces... and none resist the stare of a sad, golden kittie!

I dont believe Jaime (and even less, Tyrion) would inherit the Rock; i hope Daven (of the other branch of the Lannisters) could inherit the Rock and continue has Warden of the West: he seems to be a competent and nice guy.

And i think that is most probable we assist to the end of the Starks (survives one male child), Baratheon (only one male BASTARD) , Targaryen (one -?- male heir and one -barren?- woman), Arryn (one sick boy) or Tully (heir at the whim of the Lannisters), that of the Lannisters.

Imagine: no more wolfs, stags, eagles and trouts... and a Dragon that make peace with a Lion ---> Daenerys love Daven :D scenario...

Omg: much people will die from a stroke :(

Yes because Sansa would go along meekly to remain married to Tyrion. Right.

The House is collapsing into the nothing, as the Targaryens did. Ser Kevan was the last hope that the House had and now he is dead. There's no military power to protect Casterly Rock. How long will it be before all the opportunist in the realm rise up to seize it?

I highly doubt he wants anything to do with his House or Casterly Rock, no matter how much gold is left beneath it. Tyrion might have wanted to be heir if Tywin offered it to him years ago as he should have but now it's too late. His two goals right now are to find his wife and to stay alive. Killing Tywin was his way of saying screw this family, I'm out.

Also: who says Dany will even support Tyrion in him in her conquest? Tyrion is a Lannister, son of Tywin: the same man that ordered the deaths of her family. Won't matter he killed Tywin, she'll just thank him before setting him on fire.

I agree with you: Tyrion is a kinslayer, that didn´t consumated his marriage and that wil be - most certainly - dead by the end of the story.

But the Lannisters are far from finished: gold in great quantities, a great city, a land with good defensive capabilities (mountains and castles; breached one time by the cunning of a wolf and his master), a numerous family (with 5 possible male Lannister heirs), bannermen that proved till now to be faithful (no Karstark, Bolton, Florent or Frey types), Casterly Rock and the survival instinct of the Lions: if the enemy is too strong, lets try to get in their good graces... and none resist the stare of a sad, golden kittie!

I dont believe Jaime (and even less, Tyrion) would inherit the Rock; i hope Daven (of the other branch of the Lannisters) could inherit the Rock and continue has Warden of the West: he seems to be a competent and nice guy.

And i think that is most probable we assist to the end of the Starks (survives one male child), Baratheon (only one male BASTARD) , Targaryen (one -?- male heir and one -barren?- woman), Arryn (one sick boy) or Tully (heir at the whim of the Lannisters), that of the Lannisters.

Imagine: no more wolfs, stags, eagles and trouts... and a Dragon that make peace with a Lion ---> Daenerys love Daven :D scenario...

I'm 99,9% certain Daven will die in Riverrun, during his wedding with the Frey girl.

So, in the end the Lannister leader will either by Tyrion or a very distant relative, if the Lannisters don't lose everything.

Also people are saying the reynes and Castameres.... The Reynes were lords of Castamere if I'm not mistaken.

Quite right, just realized I was calling the Reynes the Castameres--and in more than one thread. Thanks for the correction. You'd think I'd have seen and heard the Rains of Castamere enough times to know their name!

Archived