Jorah Mormont vs Bronn

nojia

So, who do you think would win between the two? I feel that this is an interesting match-up in particular because Jorah has bested a Dothraki bloodrider, one who relies on speed and agility in combat, similar to Bronn. However, our friendly neighborhood sellsword has easily dispatched Westerosi Knights like Jorah. Thoughts?

I would not say this says much about Jorah's ability vs. someone like Bronn. The Dothraki was wearing not armour, but also had little idea of how to fight someone who was. Speed was not really the issue.

Bronn certainly knows how to fight someone in armour (Ser Vardis Egan, for example). Being a sellsword, he's probably a good all-around killer. Then again, Jorah was a sellsword too, and can't totally suck having won a tourney and also fought in the crushing the the Greyjoy Rebellion. Both strike me as men who fight in a very practical no-nonsense way.

But are they up there with the elite ? Hard to say.

Jorah has killed a bloodrider, but nobody on the order of Khal Drogo himself.

Bronn has killed lots of people, but did not like his own odds against the Mountain.

I'm not a Syrio fan but I certainly don't think Loras should be on that list and not Syrio. Also the list is missing Jon Snow (who I believe is easily as skilled with a sword as Loras if not better) and the Halfhand. Also Victorian Greyjoy and Addam Marbrand

And Lyn Corbray.

Bronn has killed lots of people, but did not like his own odds against the Mountain.

Well this can hardly be held against him, not many would stand a chance against Ser Gregor. He is realistica enough of his own chances to realise this. I actually dont know who would win this fight since I think that Bronn is overrated yet then again I never got the impression that Jorah is anything special, he is certainly a strong and adequate fighter though probably nothing more. So an adequate, not great, fighter against someone who so far mostly has defeated slightly elder out of shape knights (Vardis, Balman). They have both excelled at times certainly, Jorah at Pyke and on campaign for Dany etc and Bronn at the Blackwater and the mountain pass with Cat's party. So imo anyone could win, might be that Bronn has a slight advantage though I would hope that Jorah wins.

Tough call this one. Both have a very similar skills. I think a small detail would decide it, a moments glare from the sun or a someone losing their footing and the other would be in quickly.

Archived