Things you wish you knew about minor characters (but probably never will)

louzeyre

it would be interesting to know more about the cleganes : who was the sister, how and why she died, what happened to their mother, the "accident" that took their father... wether gregor's monstrousness was a result of severe head trauma (battle, jousting), or if it was his nature. what was life like for sandor at casterly rock? what are the clegane house words?

• I always wanted to know more about the Mormont girls. Who fathered Maege's daughters? Who fathered Maege's grandchildren?
  • Was Minisa Whent a close relative to Lady Whent?
  • How Elia and Dorne reacted when Rhaegar crowned Lyanna?
  • Whatever happened to the book that contained the prophetic dreams of Daenys Targaryen?
  • Was Joanna involved in a sexual relationship with Aerys?
  • Did Brandon Stark fathered any bastards?
  • What was Rhaegar's first impression of Gregor Clegane?
  • What does Dickon think of Sam?

House Freys words should be something like "That's two silvers for you and one for your horse."

To add to Danelle's "What does Dickon think of Sam?" I'd be interested to find out what Randyll's done with him during the war. No way would he leave him with his mother, did he take him with him as his squire? We'd have seen him in the scene with Brienne at Maidenpool?

ETA If Dickon's been listening to the gospel according to Randyll then he probably thinks Sam's just a useless fat craven.

ALL THE SONGS! They're freaking everywhere so give me the FREAKING LYRICS ALREADY!

I really wanna know more about Waynwood. She's my favorite super-minor character, and I really want her to end up as Sansa's mentor/ally, since she seems like an awesome and decent person at this point.

House Freys words should be something like "That's two silvers for you and one for your horse."

To add to Danelle's "What does Dickon think of Sam?" I'd be interested to find out what Randyll's done with him during the war. No way would he leave him with his mother, did he take him with him as his squire? We'd have seen him in the scene with Brienne at Maidenpool?

ETA If Dickon's been listening to the gospel according to Randyll then he probably thinks Sam's just a useless fat craven.

My guess is that he took him along, to make sure that he will become a glorious warrior, just like his father. I am really looking forward to a Tarly family reunion in DWD. Dickon proving himself an average soldier while Sam returns from the Wall with a bastard, a paramour and the notorious nickname Sam the Slayer.

-Lady Smallwood's background. Plus, has anyone broken down Acorn Hall yet, how she became connected with the BWB, and her daughter(s) she sent away for her own protection. IDK, I feel like there is a real story behind her, and hope she isn't one of the characters that gets dropped for good.

-What happens to FM when they are "no one" for too long, how do they view themselves while they are faceless (as a seperate person altogether? or are their still traces of themselves?). Basically more info about longer term members of FM. Preferably, Jaqen H'ghar.

-Everything about Jaqen H'ghar but mostly his real name and what the other FM members call him.

-Aurane Waters- why did GRRM every name him this. Is the name a fake or is it suppose to be a redherring to never trust this guy? Because he's full of gold waters... Or is it so I never ever forget the name of a minor character?

I want to know more about Benjen. How much younger than Lyanna he is, does he know the truth about Jon's parents, how did he get on with his siblings, what's he like in general.

I want to know Varys's hair colour.

I want to know absolutely everything there is to know about the Night's King and the Nightfort.

I'm weirdly curious about Roose Bolton and Lady Walda's domestic life. If GRRM wrote an awkward sex scene for them, I wouldn't mind it half as much as I probably should.

I want to know the name of the sword Rhaegar fought with at the Trident.

Wyman's Frey Pie recipe.

If Robert Baratheon ever tried to win Ned over for a threesome.

More things from Stannis's childhood - like holding hand with Robert in King's Landing, or the story about Proudwing.

There's so many.

The Blackfish for starters.

Who was Ned's mom and why there's no cousins or aunts/uncles.

Iron Emmet and Cotter Pyke. What drove Satin to the Wall.

If the Umber lady carried off by wildlings is still alive.

Why the current Hightower lord is a recluse.

Coldhands. I don't think he's Benjen. I like the theory that he's the Night King bound to the Watch for eternity.

The She-Bears. I'm bummed they were left out of the show.

Alys Karstark. She is defiant to her uncles and brave to embark on a perilous journey. I wonder why she was so sure Jon would act on her behalf, why not go to a northern lord instead. I hope we see her and Sigorn again.

Aurane Waters. Where the hell is he? He made off with the crown's ships so we're bound to find out.

What did the Manderlys do to be driven out of the Reach and how they earned the Starks' trust.

Was Jon Con jealous of Rhaegar's close friendship with Arthur Dayne. :P

If Robert Baratheon ever tried to win Ned over for a threesome.

He loves Ned and he loves women. Robert strikes me as a guy that would be down for sharing a woman with his bff. You know he made the offer on the daily. :ack:

I wanted to know if, before the Doom, there were other great lineages beside the Targaryens and what happened to them (besides the Doom itself)

There were several other dragon lords, iirc. The Targaryen were, I think, among the top 20 houses, but not among the top 10.

it would be interesting to know more about the cleganes : who was the sister, how and why she died, what happened to their mother, the "accident" that took their father... wether gregor's monstrousness was a result of severe head trauma (battle, jousting), or if it was his nature. what was life like for sandor at casterly rock? what are the clegane house words?

This. :agree:

I always wondered about them.

Archived