The fate of slaver's bay if Dany prevails in Meereen

Blood of the Flagon

If Dany prevails in slaver's bay and has control over her dragons (or just one) and a navy will she decide to sail west or will she settle old scores, If she is in such a strong position in the aftermath of the battle of meereen I have a hard time believing that she will spare Yunkai before sailing west. She doesn't know of the threat beyond the wall so consider the following. She is young and thinks she has time, she has an army, a navy and dragons. How could she not turn her wrath on slaver's bay or at least yunkai?

I feel like after the battle will essentially destroy Meereen, and that Dany won't really want a part of it, especially since many of the nobles still hate her. I predict that after that battle, Dany and whatever host she has, will head back to Westeros. There won't be much left for Dany in Slaver's Bay after the battle.

Is she even going to be there after the battle of slaver's bay? IIRC She's somewhere north and has just encountered Khal Jhaqo's khalasar. It's entirely possible she returns in time or shortly after (perhaps they recognize her power with Drogon), but it seems like a waste of our/Dany's time if she disappeared for a bit, nothing really happens, and then she returns.

I find it hard to believe that after everything Dany put into Slaver's Bay in general and of course Meereen - that she would simply leave without doing anything, she's way too invested there.

If i would have to guess i would say she would try to appoint a good leader to Slaver's Bay - not some random guy or counsel (like before) but someone she trusts who stays behind, and leave some people who want to stay with him.

I feel like after the battle will essentially destroy Meereen, and that Dany won't really want a part of it, especially since many of the nobles still hate her. I predict that after that battle, Dany and whatever host she has, will head back to Westeros. There won't be much left for Dany in Slaver's Bay after the battle.

There won't be much left because she killed them all.

There won't be much left because she killed them all.

That's true, but I still feel like Dany will gain some confidence from the power of controlling her dragon, and will decided she's ready to leave Meereen for Westeros, especially since Meereen is going to be broken after the battle.

You guys are assuming a lot. Since when does Dany have control of Drogon? So far he barely listens to her just like the other two. She rode on his back to escape the arena and when she met the Khalassar so only twice and each time she was in mortal danger. Drogon is her "son" or kinda anyway. It's pretty natural that he would protect his mother it doesn't mean he accepts her fully as his rider.

I agree with the fact that she's way too involved with Meereen to just up and leave the place, though what she'll do there is hust too open-ended a question to be answered. it depends on what happen with the khalassar and on what happens in Meereen until she comes back. That's called a cliffhanger.

Could it be that she leaves Missandei in charge?

I could imagine Missandei in charge with Ser Grandfahter as her hand.

I cant imagine those 2 playing a big role in Westeros and I think they will only get a peacefull life if they stay in Essos.

In Westeros both of them will probably die sooner or later.

What do you think? Do you think Missandei would have enough power once Dany leaves? Will Barristan and his Squires be enough backing? Or will she be killed by another Cleon Butcher King?

Or do you see any more Story in those characters?

I guess I don't mean to assume that she has control of Drogon, I assume that's what's going to start happening. We've seen Dany struggling in Meereen, trying to find herself and getting caught up on Daario and it seems like she's sort of been lost. When she was following the stream, trying to find her way back, she was literally and metaphorically lost, questioning what she has done. Then Drogon finds her, and I think in turn Drogon will help Dany find herself. She will take control of this new Khalasar, lead them into the battle of Meereen to crush the Yunkai'i, and then decide it's time to do what her goal has always been: go to Westeros and take the Iron Throne.

The idea of Missandei ruling Meereen is an interesting theory, one I hadn't thought of. I don't know if she could do it alone, she would need the power of the Unsullied or some other large sellsword companies, plus lots of support. Maybe it could happen if Barristan was her hand or KG, but I think Barristan will die in the battle of Meereen.

I guess overall I think that we will be done with Meereen by the end of the first half of the book. The purpose of Meereen was for Dany to learn how to rule, and grow support. I think GRRM won't spend another book of Dany storyline with ruling in Meereen, but rather take her storyline to something new, which is Westeros.

Missandei is what? 11, 12 years old? I don't think she'll be accepted at all as a ruler. It might have worked with the five years lap GRRM planned originally but, as it is, I don't think so.

I guess the battle will be resolved without Danny being involved. That might prompt someone as a Mereenese leader, but I don't know which character can actually be left behind to rule Mereen.

Considering the scene in Pentos with Tyrion, and the widow saying she was ready for dany, I think we are going to see Dany do something else in slaver's bay / the free cities. Tyrion has promised Pentos to that guy whose name eludes me, and I would enjoy seeing Dany and Illyrio Mopatis meet again.

Volantis and Pentos seem inevitable.

I think Meereen and Yunkai will most likely be burned to the ground. Either that or Meereen survives and so does Hizdahr, some how, and she leaves him in charge, but somehow gets their marriage voided. The Shavepate becoming Meereen's ruler would be my next guess.

Hell, maybe it'll be left for King Daario, the First of his Name.

I just want her to burn the entire Slaver's Bay to the ground within 2-3 chapters, then head to Volantis, do some stuff there for another 2-3 chapters, head on over to Pentos, again for another about 2 chapters, then fly to Westeros. She's most likely to land on the shores of Dragonstone. By that time the Others will have probably marched all the way down the Neck, maybe even to Riverrun.

I just want her out of Essos as soon as it's feasible, I mean she'll definitely have around 50,000 or more troops to her command.

Well, for sure she has learned she can't leave a couple of softies in charge and the locals to fend for themselves after so long of not having done so. That was an awkward sentence, but it took the western real world a long, long time to stamp down open tyranical behaviour. It's certainly not going to happen in Slaver's Bay in Dany's lifetime.

Archived