Most Powerful Person in ASOIAF as of ADWD

3 growing dragons and 8000 unsullied and one sellsword company seems like a big deal in my opinion

she destruct 3 cities with this power

Drogon is juvenile, it will take years before he reaches the size & power of Balerion. Rhaegal & Viserion are totally out of her control. They've gone feral. sellswords are notoriously unreliable, as soon as the tide of battle turns against them, they will switch to the winning side.

Drogon is juvenile, it will take years before he reaches the size & power of Balerion. Rhaegal & Viserion are totally out of her control. They've gone feral. sellswords are notoriously unreliable, as soon as the tide of battle turns against them, they will switch to the winning side.

I know they are not Balerion's size, but they were able to defeat Astapor and Yunkai, together with the unsullied, and of course, after Yunkai they had two sellsword companies, but the Second Sons betrayed her, so there's just the Storm Crows for now, but she's not powerless, Dany is growing in power, and now she had the Brazen Beasts as well

Kindly Old Man- He knows the secret of Doom and a host of specialized assassins who can change their appearances at his finger tips. The Faceless Men according to Arya, don't believe on hurting as a warning, they just go in for the kill. So by the time people figure out the faceless men are targeting them, they are already dead.

Kindly Old Man- He knows the secret of Doom and a host of specialized assassins who can change their appearances at his finger tips. The Faceless Men according to Arya, don't believe on hurting as a warning, they just go in for the kill. So by the time people figure out the faceless men are targeting them, they are already dead.

Agreed. The Faceless Men are the closest there is to an omniscent, omnipresent, omnipotent entity, and he is the closest they have to a de facto leader

Agreed. The Faceless Men are the closest there is to an omniscent, omnipresent, omnipotent entity, and he is the closest they have to a de facto leader

This right here is why I think they can cause the most amount of damage. Also, no one seems to be thinking that they might have their own motivations or plans, the game players mostly just consider whether or not it is worth it to hire them. I really do think the Faceless Men are up to something on their own, been prepared for something to occur even possibly since shortly after the Doom.

ETA: Otherwise what has been their overall, long-term goal?

I think you are overstating their power just a little. Yeah they are powerful but I don't think anyone in the books can be described as omnipotent or omniscient. Bran might approach omniscience with weirnet.

I think you are overstating their power just a little. Yeah they are powerful but I don't think anyone in the books can be described as omnipotent or omniscient. Bran might approach omniscience with weirnet.

They have the ultimate spy network- people who change their face and others who are terrified of them. "Jaqen" seemed to know who the real Arya Stark was for instance, and one of the only people she didn't have to tell or seen interacting with before she cut off her hair/starting passing as a boy. They have records for the past if the Kindly Old Man knows the secret of Doom like he says he does. Also, how old is the Kindly Old Man. I doubt we know all the powers of the Faceless Men yet, who are known to be paid pretty much a king's ransom to get the job done, and that was before the magic started leaking back into the world. IDK, I feel like Corvo is right, we just are left so much still in the dark to fully understand it yet.

Depends on how you define power.

If it's the number of swords, it's Mace Tyrell.

If it's political accumen, it's Petyr Baelish.

If you put dragons in the magic category and evaluate power as the person with the most at their disposal, then it's Dany.

We don't really know the full scope of other tertiary characters like Bloodraven, the Sealord of Bravos, or the Kindly Old Man.

I wouldn't quite put Bran up there simply because he's a warg. Remember, entering humans is not easy and, according to the wiki, warging is made much easier if there is a bond between the skinchanger and subject.

So until Bran (or another warg) enters an enemy's skin successfully I'd be careful assuming they can have the power this gift suggests. (From my recollection the only humans attempted are when Bran enters Hodor - obviously a close bond exists - and Varamyr can't completely become Thistle)

They have the ultimate spy network- people who change their face and others who are terrified of them. "Jaqen" seemed to know who the real Arya Stark was for instance, and one of the only people she didn't have to tell or seen interacting with before she cut off her hair/starting passing as a boy. They have records for the past if the Kindly Old Man knows the secret of Doom like he says he does. Also, how old is the Kindly Old Man. I doubt we know all the powers of the Faceless Men yet, who are known to be paid pretty much a king's ransom to get the job done, and that was before the magic started leaking back into the world. IDK, I feel like Corvo is right, we just are left so much still in the dark to fully understand it yet.

I'm not saying they aren't good, I'm just saying words like omniscient and omnipotent are not words that describe their level of power knowledge. If they were omnipotent they would not need Arya to kill the ship insurance guy using a poisoned coin they would will and it would be so. They would not need to gather information they would just know it. I agree they are definitely up there in terms of most powerful groups/institutions/people in ASOIAF, just not omnipotent.

I'm not saying they aren't good, I'm just saying words like omniscient and omnipotent are not words that describe their level of power knowledge. If they were omnipotent they would not need Arya to kill the ship insurance guy using a poisoned coin they would will and it would be so. They would not need to gather information they would just know it. I agree they are definitely up there in terms of most powerful groups/institutions/people in ASOIAF, just not omnipotent.

They are Nigh Omniscient and Potent enough to take out almost any target they wish to.

They know a lot about assassinating and death - this is not omniscience

No,But they can have anyone they want shadowed even better than Vary's little birds,To assassinate someone you need adequate info on them first and some times that includes minipulating what a person does.

Imagine the Mountain charging Bran and Bran warging him at the last second before the Mountain could reach him with his longsword. Now imagine Bran using the Mountain to go beserker. Now imagine Bran jumping from skin to skin, manipulating different people on a battlefield. NOW imagine Bran warging a king!

Bran is extremely dangerous right now and he'll be even more dangerous before the story is done.

Except that should the person on the battlefield he is currently warging die, he'll completely lose his shit over the pain.

I am going to go with Bloodraven.

And I am hoping he'll warg one of Dany's dragons. He was a Targaryen loyalist after all. Maybe he'll burn fAegon with it, end that Blackfyre line once and for all.

Archived