Can we get another shocking twist in series?

cooper56

I found since red wedding and neds death those at least in my eyes being most shocking turn of events. Im wondering in final two books will we get another event similar to them maybe not even a death just something surprising. I found last two books nothing shocked me and im hoping in next book we can get something new or shocking.

I think the next big shocking death has to be either Stannis or Daenerys, although they probably won't be as "out of left field" as Ned or Robb's deaths were. I think most readers expect one (or possibly both) of Stan or Dany to die in ADOS.

Also, we could've JUST HAD the "next big death", in the form of Jon. It's highly unlikely he'll actually stay dead, no doubt, but it's a possibility.

I think the next big shocking death has to be either Stannis or Daenerys, although they probably won't be as "out of left field" as Ned or Robb's deaths were. I think most readers expect one (or possibly both) of Stan or Dany to die in ADOS.

Also, we could've JUST HAD the "next big death", in the form of Jon. It's highly unlikely he'll actually stay dead, no doubt, but it's a possibility.

Well im not sure about average reader but i think people on this forum see stannis likely dieing in next book or from what i read and for dany i think its way to obvious for her to win i mean if i was a gambler i would likely lay it all down on her because she has the army the dragons and so on i just dont she will win because it seems like most likely outcome.

A non-death twist would be a good character turn bad. For example Jaime, having turned his PR around, now reverts back to being evil. Or Jon turns evil. Or Val reveals herself to be a female Other. Or Sansa gets fed up playing the nice, charming, girl and taking LF's lessons a little too literally. Or Roose being an actual good guy, working tirelessly for the good of the whole world.

Or Dany showing some urgency. Now that would be a twist. Don't dare hope for it, though

I hope there is another big shock in the series. I fear we are getting to far in though and killing off characters will really piss people off. Neds death and the RW advanced the plot. If a well liked character dies for "no reason" people will be pissed because they will feel their story was for nothing.

I think many posters were shocked Jon got stabbed but most think he isn't dead so it isn't that shocking. As for Stannis and Dany both are contending for the IT so it wouldn't be that shocking if they died.

The most shocking deaths would be another of the Stark children. Maybe Jon does really die although I doubt it. Maybe Bran dies? Again I doubt it. It's much more likely he turns evil or something. Arya? It would seem kind of pointless since her story isn't connected with the rest of the plot as of right now.

I think Sansa is a big possibility though. Everyone expects her to kill LF at some point. Frankly I don't see this happening. He is a master at the GOT and I'm pretty certain he will be wary of Sansa especially after she heard Lysa tell all before LF killed her. I can picture something like Sansa plotting to kill LF. GRRM gets our hopes up and makes it look like Sansa is about to succeed only to have LF turn the tables on her with Sansa dying some terrible death. Now that would shock the readers for a few moments before their shock turned to rage.

I think GRRM is in a tough position. He doesn't want to be predictable yet he doesn't want to anger his readers. I'm sure many more characters will die but I have a feeling most will be in the last book.

Ser Barristan I believe will die in the Battle of Mereen. Too many POV chapters in that vicinity (Dany - keeper, Victarion, Ser Barristan and Tyrion - keeper - for now) Besides, Ser Barristan has been comming close to telling Dany about the TRUE nature of her father, what he did to the Starks and how they "Starks" are not the dogs she has been brought up to believe. Naturally, he never will tell her because it is for the best interest in keeping her ignorant a bit longer on such things. Ser Barristan, I am afraid your time is up. RIP Great Knight, you can now join your brothers.

Here we go again....we have no real evidence that he died at all, just that he was stabbed.

Ser Barristan, I am afraid your time is up. RIP Great Knight, you can now join your brothers.

Oh no, I hope not! But then again, he seems to be a genuinely good-natured and honourable man. Such people are on short notice in Westeros lately. :(

It's impact would be good for the plot, too, since it'd mean Dany is left without either of her two knights guarding her anymore (assuming she charges into battle on the back of Drogon).

Come to think of it, this would be another shocking twist: After all this build-up, Dany doesn't use a dragon in battle. :angry:

When we see Skagos we may be in for a supprise regarding Northern culture, though perhaps not a shock. Why keep names and words from the Old Tongue if they didn't still hold more to the older traditions, and why rail against the Starks if they didn't have some grievance against the North at large. The people of Skagos are described as savages that consume their own dead, and are thus considered savages and barbarians. Yet, I always found it odd that a region that was described to be so unlike the South would take a language that was not theirs at the expense of their own (the common tongue of the Andals over the old). For a place that held the Southron ways in disdain why adopt the practice of taking squires and pages, roles of ritual and honor in the south?

Yes I am going on a little rant that the North probably isn't as "Northern" as it used to be.

When we see Skagos we may be in for a supprise regarding Northern culture, though perhaps not a shock. Why keep names and words from the Old Tongue if they didn't still hold more to the older traditions, and why rail against the Starks if they didn't have some grievance against the North at large. The people of Skagos are described as savages that consume their own dead, and are thus considered savages and barbarians. Yet, I always found it odd that a region that was described to be so unlike the South would take a language that was not theirs at the expense of their own (the common tongue of the Andals over the old). For a place that held the Southron ways in disdain why adopt the practice of taking squires and pages, roles of ritual and honor in the south?

Yes I am going on a little rant that the North probably isn't as "Northern" as it used to be.

agreed, the north is kind of like lowland scotland. pictish and celtic influences, but also largely influenced by english culture, with a few exceptions

I think there hasn't been any big twists like Ned or Robb because feast and dance were all story builders and motion setters, i would have personally like GRRM to have kept Brienne dead (but thats because i think she is a waste of paper space) but a part of me thinks because it has taken so long for him to write the last to books he grew to attached to the characters and couldn't bring himself to kill them off at that stage but the two final books i know as does everyone else that it won't be a happy ending and blood will be split and many will die. I reckon the first big twist will be dany or Jon followed by Aegon although i think stannis will go i would like him to sit it out right to the end or win !!

Archived