Ser Loras Tyrell, did he secretly go to seek Dany as well?

Lord Damian

The ship Tyrion and Moqorro was on was roughly translated to the perfumed sensechal. I think the actual description Moqorro give is "fragrant advisor" in the books, and then Tyrion goes about calling it the stinky steward.

I do agree that I think Loras Tyrell is up to something, and was not doused with boiling oil.

Wait wait WAIT!

The ship was called the perfumed sensechal, as in the very thing that Dany was warned against trusting?

Then maybe Tyrion was the one who would betray her as the 3rd betrayal, or Illyrio.

I read a great theory that the Tyrells removed Lords from KL to trick the lanisters into thinking they were safe to make a move against margery, which would of course then reveal the Lanisters were up to no good

They started making trouble in their neighborhood. Loras got in one little fight and the QOT started to screech. She said you're movin' with your cripple bro down in the Reach.

Just chalk this up as another theory that I did not think about by myself. It did not come to me that he might really be somewhere else, I assumed he was grievously injured - but I like it! I hope he is sent back home. If not, he suddenly becomes a POV or secret Targ. If true, I would assume the Tyrells caught wind of the Iron Bank not being happy with the IT, a Targ being back in Westeros, and sent him home to be safe.

I think it's highly probably that Loras suffered a minor injury, and that they're making it a way bigger deal than it is to give Loras the freedom to go....somewhere? We know from Arianne's chapter in TWOW that Aurane Waters is currently in the Stepstones. I don't see a reason for them to align, I don't think they want the same things. Aurane might sail to Dany, but it's not something I would see Loras doing. Maybe he's going to meet Jon Connington and see if the new Aegon is an actual Targ to secure Tyrell support for him.

Still doesn't explain why he's at the Stepstones under the name "lord of Waters". Even if he allied, why keep him at the Stepstones when his war fleet is needed somewhere else? Redwynes could still "hire" Aurane after he went "pirate". But instead they're off to the Free cities to hire sellsails...

It does. Waters and his crews are traitors. Tyrells can not visibly align wwith traitors and deserters to maintain their position in King's Landing and with regards to Lannisters. Having deserter and traitor supporting Redwyne fleet against Ironborn would be way too suspicious.

Wait wait WAIT!

The ship was called the perfumed sensechal, as in the very thing that Dany was warned against trusting?

Then maybe Tyrion was the one who would betray her as the 3rd betrayal, or Illyrio.

In a Tyrion chapter in Dance:

The red priest chuckled. "Neither. Qhoran is... not a ruler, but one who serves and councils such, and helps conduct his business. You of Westeros might say steward or magister."

Kings hand? That amused him. " And salaesori?"

Moqorro touched his nose. "Imbued with a pleasant aroma. Fragrant, would you say? Flowery?"

"So Selaesori Qhoran means Stinky Steward, more or less?"

" Fragrant steward, rather"

I am almost positive this is the perfumed sensechal that Quaithe is warning Dany about, the mystery is does she need to beware of Tyrion, or of Moqorro (and Rhollor)?

I hadn't caught that exchange regarding the meaning of Stinky Steward - but its just another in the list of Dany's warnings that she needs to consider. Tough spot she is in with those pesky prophecies, also considering the source of them are even more shaky than the warnings themselves.

Basically, she needs to be wary of everyone, outside of Selmy and Strong Belwas. Chaining up the dragons was a mistake, she should rain fire down on the armies outside her city, and then just take the f off.

I think it's highly probably that Loras suffered a minor injury, and that they're making it a way bigger deal than it is to give Loras the freedom to go....somewhere? We know from Arianne's chapter in TWOW that Aurane Waters is currently in the Stepstones. I don't see a reason for them to align, I don't think they want the same things. Aurane might sail to Dany, but it's not something I would see Loras doing. Maybe he's going to meet Jon Connington and see if the new Aegon is an actual Targ to secure Tyrell support for him.

How would Loras confirm whether or not Aegon is an actual Targaryen? Loras has never seen a Targaryen, and doesn't really strike me as being particularly perceptive when it comes to people. I definitely think it is probable that he isn't on Dragonstone, or at least isn't there for the same reasons that Cersei believes, but if anyone is putting a plan into action, is his Grandmother Redwyne.

I think I might have read "NedStark"'s comment wrong - and that he was indicating it would be Aurane Waters who would try and identify Aegon as fake or not. He would be in a better position to do this than Loras, in that he has Velaryon blood, and is actually crafty and smart.

I am almost positive this is the perfumed sensechal that Quaithe is warning Dany about, the mystery is does she need to beware of Tyrion, or of Moqorro (and Rhollor)?

i don't think Danny needs to worry about Tyrion....specially after he played Aegon into abandoning his quest to seek Danny and convincing him to go to westeros....Morqorro (DEFINITELY BAD BAD!!!)

Aurane Waters is being discussed. I have been summoned.

I can say im pretty sure Loras isnt conspiring to get to Dany. Why would he? But Aurane's little performance about Loras being injured is something im not sure i buy. Lets take a look at what Aurane has done, maybe we can glean what he may be up to. (and by extension, Loras)

Aurane worms his way into Cersei's circle as Master of Ships. He asks for a fleet to be built.

The entirety of this fleet including the flagship are decorated in Lannister regalia and figureheads. The flagship is called Sweet Cersei (or something like that) and its figurehead is a likeness of Cersei.

Aurane brings news that Loras got hurt at Dragonstone.

When Cersei is captured, Aurane and the fleet disappear.

Arianne's sample chapter tells us that someone named The Lord of the Waters is marauding in the Narrow Sea. (totes called that way back when. B))

What does that mean? Someone has a fleet of Lannister ships and is engaging in wanton acts of piracy. This could be a way to elicit some really bad PR for Team Cersei. ("The Queen is a pirate!!") Perhaps Aurane aided Loras and pulled a Wronski Feint to make everyone think that Loras was gravely injured. For what purpose? To make Cersei think that Loras and by extension, the Tyrells are no longer a real threat? Maybe. But Loras knows his way around KL by now and so does Aurane. My pet theory here is that Loras and Aurane may lead a sneak attack into King's Landing in order to get Marg back. If not that, then those guys go over to Team Aegon and infiltrate KL and off Tommen.

How would Loras confirm whether or not Aegon is an actual Targaryen? Loras has never seen a Targaryen, and doesn't really strike me as being particularly perceptive when it comes to people. I definitely think it is probable that he isn't on Dragonstone, or at least isn't there for the same reasons that Cersei believes, but if anyone is putting a plan into action, is his Grandmother Redwyne.

I didn't mean Aurane would try and see if Aegon was a Targ or not. True, Loras has never seen a Targaryen but it is in the Tyrell interest to see if this is a worthy cause to support, whether or not they can confirm his heritage or not. They obviously aren't wanted by Cersei, this might be their chance to overthrow her but still maintain a spot close to the throne. I don't think Aurane could do a better job of determining Aegon's lineage than Loras. Plus, the Stepstones aren't close to Griffin's Roost, which is Aurane's last known location.

I completely and utterly missed this when I read the book. Crazy awesome.

As for Loras, I'm not entirely convinced that he's not hurt, Marg did seem really upset. I find it hard to believe they'd make up the lie, but then maybe if they thought they were about to lose one of their heirs to the Faith's trial they would try to salvage Loras.

Well i think that is entirely possible that Aurane Waters is an agent of LF and why not....the Arryn has plenty of land troops that he can summon but not strength at sea...and also LF was in cahoots with the queen of thorn to get Joff out of the way and they might be some secret correspondence with her to get Loras out KL and to the REACH ???....LF did say to Sansa that he has to move the pieces sooner than he thought because Cersei was destroying herself way quicker that he anticipated....rem the kettleback brothers are in his pocket so yeah i would be surprise if Aurane is too

I do think Loras have some injuries but maybe not to the extent that they are make it out to be....but it just buys him enough time so he can travel to the Reach and joined his brother Garlan to fight the ironborn etc

I completely and utterly missed this when I read the book. Crazy awesome.

As for Loras, I'm not entirely convinced that he's not hurt, Marg did seem really upset. I find it hard to believe they'd make up the lie, but then maybe if they thought they were about to lose one of their heirs to the Faith's trial they would try to salvage Loras.

Yes Marg was upset, but maybe she wasn't in on the lie yet? It may just be between the QoT and Loras. I think he actually went to Dragonstone, I'm just not really convinced that he's hurt simply because we only heard it from Aurane the Pirate and Cersei.

Yes Marg was upset, but maybe she wasn't in on the lie yet? It may just be between the QoT and Loras. I think he actually went to Dragonstone, I'm just not really convinced that he's hurt simply because we only heard it from Aurane the Pirate and Cersei.

This. I didn't really suspect anything at first, but the more i think about it, the surer i am that it's really just a ruse of the Tyrells.

She was upset when Joff died...oops :eek:

Please, she is the queen of mummers.

They started making trouble in their neighborhood. Loras got in one little fight and the QOT started to screech. She said you're movin' with your cripple bro down in the Reach.

I love you

Archived