Does the North want the Starks back?

Jose Stark

Im the biggest supporter of the Stark but do the northern lords want them back at Winterfell in command of the North? Yea they are honorable and beloved but their foolness lead to them putting the entire north in civil war a s it seems like to big an effort to put a Stark back in Winterfell

I just think at this point some of them want the Boltons and Freys out of the North and call it a day....

What do you think?

Well seeing as most of them are camping outside Winterfell agianst Roose and the Freys, when they could be with Roose, and those that are with Roose aren't happy with him; and possibly plotting against him, I'd say yes they want the Starks back.

The North Remembers...

` Add to that the Clans.

Im the biggest supporter of the Stark but do the northern lords want them back at Winterfell in command of the North? Yea they are honorable and beloved but their foolness lead to them putting the entire north in civil war a s it seems like to big an effort to put a Stark back in Winterfell

I just think at this point some of them want the Boltons and Freys out of the North and call it a day....

What do you think?

I wouldn't call what they did foolishness. Ned gets arrested and Robb calls his banners. All the northmen answer because they feel that the Starks, and by extension the entire North, has been dishonored.

The northmen themselves were the ones who proclaimed Robb as their king. It seems to me that the northmen were all in on the Starks.

And the Boltons were the ones who started a civil war by trying to murder the two princes, destroying Winterfell and massacring Robb and his most loyal bannermen at a wedding.

I would say that the has shown that they want to restore the Starks as Lords of Winterfell (and Kings in the North?).

In the Theon chapter where Roose and Ramsey meet at Barrowton, Roose explicitly states that the northerners found out that Bran+ Rickon were alive, the only northern house of any note that would support the Boltons would be the Dustins, and only because Lady Dustin hates Ned for the loss of her husband.

Yes, the North remembers.

If you read Dance carefully you'll see that none of the Northern lords at Winterfel are happy about the Boltons and the Freys. Especially not Manderly, he just bakes pies.

Definitely.

More importantly, House Stark has ruled the North for millennia. Which is not so much to say that they are entitled to do so, but more like "there's no way the War of Five Kings was actually the worst cock-up the Starks have pulled in continuously ruling a vast nation longer than any actual historical dynasty on Earth." There's a deeply-rooted history and legitimacy behind House Stark, and "oops Robb Stark lost a war and hi my name is Roose will you be my subjects now? Robb was totally going to lose anyway, guys" is not really going to dislodge that.

In the Theon chapter where Roose and Ramsey meet at Barrowton, Roose explicitly states that the northerners found out that Bran+ Rickon were alive, the only northern house of any note that would support the Boltons would be the Dustins, and only because Lady Dustin hates Ned for the loss of her husband.

Which, of course, could itself be a bit of a feint - she may resent the Starks, but enough to justify Bolton rule in the North? Note the whole chapter with her having Theon lead her down into the crypts, and look less at the words than the actions. Why go to all that bother, just to look at the graves of people you hate? Why dig for over half-an-hour in a snowstorm, unless maybe you heard a tale that two young Starks and their posse were hiding in said crypts for some time, and were searching for evidence...

What about the Karstarks?

It would have been interesting to see if the Karstarks would have let bygones be bygones now that Robb is dead. I'm referring, of course, to Rickard Karstark's son, not the uncle trying to usurp Karhold from the legitimate heirs. Alyse Karstark seemed to have set the enmity aside.

The North wants the Starks back but they do not know that any exist except for a few houses. Glover, Manderly and probably Umber. They fear and distrust the Boltons due to their sinister past, Ramsay's evil deeds and if they find out that it was Roose who stabbed robb personally, they will tear him to pieces when they finally "let loose"

Yeah, they certainly do.

• Lyanna Mormont throws We know no king but King in the North, whose name is Stark to Stan's face
  • Wyman Manderly plots to put Rickon as WF ruler and calls him "my liege"
  • Robbett Glover collaborates with Wyman
  • mountain clans insist Stan goes to Winterfell because of Ned's little girl
  • when threatened, Alys Karstark goes to last son of Eddard Stark
  • Roose Bolton himself believes Northern lords will abandon his cause when Stark boys show up
  • if you believe Great Northern conspiracy theory, almost all Northern lords are running a great scam to defeat both Boltons and Stannis just to put Stark in the WF again

Archived