I think Gendry will win the IT.

melanniemunoz

I don't think Martin would invest all the ink in him he has if he's just going to be a black smith. Whether his part will lead him to the IT (which would be as cool as it is unlikely) or a lordship, I think he will become a major player.

Not likely given he has no backers.

Edric has no backers that we know of. For four books we knew nothing of Aegon. Who knows what Baratheon loyalists might pop up unexpectedly to support him? Gendry has no backers and is almost totally unknown, while Edric as Robert's son is no secret.

Plus, there will be a period of turmoil. I think there will be a series of short-term kings on the IT and Edric could easily be one of them. Not impossible that Euron Crow-eye and Randyll Tarly could be among them, too.

It's all supposition.

Edric has no backers that we know of. For four books we knew nothing of Aegon. Who knows what Baratheon loyalists might pop up unexpectedly to support him? Gendry has no backers and is almost totally unknown, while Edric as Robert's son is no secret.

Plus, there will be a period of turmoil. I think there will be a series of short-term kings on the IT and Edric could easily be one of them. Not impossible that Euron Crow-eye and Randyll Tarly could be among them, too.

It's all supposition.

Edric has no desire for the crown, and Dany and Tyrion will likely use him as a puppet lord of SE. He will die as a result of Dany's curse, anyone who stays around her too long dies soon after.

Gendry is the closest thing to a Baratheon when the main branch goes extinct.

Edric has no desire for the crown, and Dany and Tyrion will likely use him as a puppet lord of SE. He will die as a result of Dany's curse, anyone who stays around her too long dies soon after.

Gendry is the closest thing to a Baratheon when the main branch goes extinct.

Proof that he has no desire for the crown? I don't recall any such thing. The idea was not presented to him, so how do we know his feelings?

Dany's curse? Irri, Jiqui, Missandei, Barristan and Belwas are still breathing. The ones that die are short-termers like Quentyn, Mirri Maz Duur. Drogo wasn't around all that long.

Much more possible than Edric Storm. We didnt see Edric on the tv show so I think this means a lot. Edric will stay where he had gone.

Nothing on the TV show means anything on the books: Talisa's pregnancy doesn't change Jayne's story any more than Gendry on the show changes Edric's (whatever story might that be).

Proof that he has no desire for the crown? I don't recall any such thing.

I do remember his "You Lords and Ladies" several times, Gendry doesn't like any high borns aside Arya and his personality is growing quite like TV Locke's was on the books.

He's never going to be happy on the throne, that's the only thing Gendry got after his father.

I don't think Edric Storm will matter because that character doesn't even exist in the television series on HBO .. So is any possibility of young wolfs son from jeyne westerling.. She was killed on television show... And the producers actually know the full story....

Proof that he has no desire for the crown? I don't recall any such thing. The idea was not presented to him, so how do we know his feelings?

Dany's curse? Irri, Jiqui, Missandei, Barristan and Belwas are still breathing. The ones that die are short-termers like Quentyn, Mirri Maz Duur. Drogo wasn't around all that long.

Barristan is foreshadowed to die, Jorah and Daario will follow him to the grave. Dany has caused death wherever she goes who is to say that Edric is not a short-termer?

Barristan is foreshadowed to die, Jorah and Daario will follow him to the grave. Dany has caused death wherever she goes who is to say that Edric is not a short-termer?

You jump from people around Dany die to people around Dany will die. Trying to prove a point with stuff that hasn't yet happened. Sorry, I'm not about to buy this reasoning.

You jump from people around Dany die to people around Dany will die. Trying to prove a point with stuff that hasn't yet happened. Sorry, I'm not about to buy this reasoning.

There is foreshadowing for it.

He would give half his teeth for the chance to try his axe against the Kingslayer or the Knight of Flowers.

Jaime and Loras are both members of the KG, Victarion will fight Barristan

Given that Maekar ended up eventually killing Baelor Breakspear, this comparison might not presage positive future relations between Barristan and Victarion.

Besides, Barristan thinks that he would like to die fighting for his king, he just never imagined that king would be Hizdahr, whom Victarion wants to kill.

Next was a bull set against a bear in a bloody battle that left both animals torn and dying.

I think we will also see Jorah, the bear, fight Victarion, who is described as a bull.

Here are the people who crossed Dany's path and died: Drogo, Eroeh, Viserys, the people of Astapor, and the people you already mentioned.

Sounds like Melannie has a crush on Gendry!!!!! :wub:

But it is possible. When all is said and done, there will be a need for new leadership. Perhaps he sits a throne or becomes a high lord. I would not be upset at all, if he is in a position of power.

Lol no not at all but I just think he might. George R.R Martin is a kook, and he might spin this in a random direction.

Gendry will likely be further corrupted by Cat's corpse along with the rest of the Brotherhood who have been shown to take a much darker bent since Stoneheart took over. It's not subtle. I mean Thoros literally talks about along with blatantly telling us the symbolism of Lem taking up the Hound's helm. He will thankfully die when the Brotherhood is destroyed.

He is not a main character. He is not important to Westeros. He will not claim the Iron Throne or gain a lordship. He will likely become twisted with the brotherhood and perish alongside it. Admittedly, it is possible he will sidestep this fate. However, he will be lucky to get that much.

On a side note, Edric Storm not appearing on the TV series means absolutely nothing. Season 2 never mentions that Stannis has a daughter and implies he is childless with the constant talk of no sons or heirs. Jojen and Meera are not introduced in Season 2 when they should be. This can fit many other characters. If Edric is important, they will introduce him later. But his lack of appearance means nothing since the show creators have already shown a willingness to introduce characters later than they appear in the books (totally understandable considering the amount of characters).

Gendry will likely be further corrupted by Cat's corpse along with the rest of the Brotherhood who have been shown to take a much darker bent since Stoneheart took over. It's not subtle. I mean Thoros literally talks about along with blatantly telling us the symbolism of Lem taking up the Hound's helm. He will thankfully die when the Brotherhood is destroyed.

He is not a main character. He is not important to Westeros. He will not claim the Iron Throne or gain a lordship. He will likely become twisted with the brotherhood and perish alongside it. Admittedly, it is possible he will sidestep this fate. However, he will be lucky to get that much.

On a side note, Edric Storm not appearing on the TV series means absolutely nothing. Season 2 never mentions that Stannis has a daughter and implies he is childless with the constant talk of no sons or heirs. Jojen and Meera are not introduced in Season 2 when they should be. This can fit many other characters. If Edric is important, they will introduce him later. But his lack of appearance means nothing since the show creators have already shown a willingness to introduce characters later than they appear in the books (totally understandable considering the amount of characters).

I can't stand it when the show is used to support a theory about the books. And agree.

I believe now that he's got an army, the High Septon might make it his prerogative to legitimize a bastard to avoid giving the crown to R'hhlor-worshipping Stannis. (If Tommen & Myrcella are proved to be Lannister bastards, for example).

Gendry also worships the red god, he was converted by the Brotherhood as seen in a Brienne chapter somewhere in Feast

Edric, on the other hand, is a Warrior's man like his father...

Gendry will likely be further corrupted by Cat's corpse along with the rest of the Brotherhood who have been shown to take a much darker bent since Stoneheart took over.

Seems odd to me considering they have never even talked about her daughter.

Not to mention, Gendry refused to con Brienne and Ser Hyle for food. And he was the only one that helped her when Biter attacked.

If the Brotherhood has been corrupted, it hasn't reached the blacksmith boy just yet.

• 7 months later...

Archived