Melisandre will Release Ghost before the 4th Stab

DaveRoid

This just hit me last night as I was reliving AWD to go to sleep.

"Where is your wolf lord snow"

"A red figure left the hall"

"Ghost, Stick them with the pointy end"

"He didn't feel the fourth knife"

From Melisandre's chapter we know Ghost is amiable towards her willingly or otherwise.

Now read into this sequence of events.

1-Melisandre knows what's coming for Jon, she wants to warn him but he doesnt listen.

2-She mentions the absence of ghost right as Jon was heading to the hall, Jon tells her where he has put ghost and why and runs away

3- She leaves the hall before Jon, and does not seem interested to talk to him unlike her usual self. This might mean she might have the sensed the danger and was trying to get out of the scene before shit hit the wall or it could mean that her pride was finally hurt by Jon's dismissive attitude and she left him to his fate. Now for Jon's fans sake lets hope the latter scenario is not the case and she can swallow her pride no matter how ignorant Jon seems towards her. There is a third possibility of why she left without a word and in seeming harry. She might be heading to where ghost is, to release him in time so he can save Jon.

"Ghost, Stick them with the pointy end"

"He didn't feel the fourth knife"

The forth knife would have been the killing blow IMO, the first one grazed him only. The 2nd and third knife seriously if not fatally injured him but the forth knife... he was face down on the ground, it could should have finished him. But what if the 4th stab didn't happen? what if something white released by something red stuck Bown Marsh with the pointy end before he could finish the job?

Edit: People saying that Jon will die should consider these facts:

1-Countless other people that had ambiguous deaths turn out to be not so dead after all Bernie, Arya, Davos & Myrcella comes to mind.

2-Melisandre would be an idiot to let Jon die when she knows he is in danger and he seems fairly important to her plans. Not to mention without him the wall will fall apart and her biggest enemies will march south unopposed. Letting him getted stabbed because she knows how to revive him is also incredibly risky, what if his body is mutilated beyond the point of no use? and how can she get to his body in the chaos and fighting that will no doubt ensure right after between the wildlings and the watch.

She would be highly irresponsible to to let him get stabbed to death at such a crucial juncture.

well we know jon is gonna warg ghost for a while before he's revived so i suppose it's not too far fetched for ghost to save him from the deadly blow

and then because he's wounded mel buts him in the ice cells or storage cellars so the cold might slow down his "dying " and in this period while his body is frozen he goes around inside ghost until Mel figures out how to revive him (i suspect it might involve Val) and he returns to his body "reborn"

well we know jon is gonna warg ghost for a while before he's revived so i suppose it's not too far fetched for ghost to save him from the deadly blow

and then because he's wounded mel buts him in the ice cells or storage cellars so the cold might slow down his "dying " and in this period while his body is frozen he goes around inside ghost until Mel figures out how to revive him (i suspect it might involve Val) and he returns to his body "reborn"

The problem with that is the resurrection will not heal everything on the body as we see with Uncat & Beric. If Jon is stabbed a 4th, 5th and a 6th time before anyone intervenes he most likely be a cripple or worse a brain damaged zombie.

The problem with that is the resurrection will not heal everything as we see with Uncat & Beric. If Jon is stabbed a 4th, 5th and a 6th time before anyone intervenes he most likely be a cripple or worse a brain damaged zombie.

but that's where the ice cells come in he's not dead yet but he is dying so the wall slows his functions and metabolism preserving him

(so he won't actually die like Cat or Beric just in a coma)

That's a vision of Bran with Blood Raven. Context people.

this is the full jon one

"whirling around each other as flaming arrows arced above a wooden wall and dead things shambled

silent through the cold, beneath a great grey cliff where fires burned inside a hundred caves. Then the

wind rose and the white mist came sweeping in, impossibly cold, and one by one the fires went out.

Afterward only the skulls remained.

Death, thought Melisandre. The skulls are death.

The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His

long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a

shadow half-seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again. But the

skulls were here as well, the skulls were all around him. Melisandre had seen his danger before, had

tried to warn the boy of it. Enemies all around him, daggers in the dark. He would not listen.

Unbelievers never listened until it was too late."

That's a vision of Bran with Blood Raven. Context people.

this is the bran one

"A face took shape within the hearth. Stannis? she thought, for just a moment … but no, these

were not his features. A wooden face, corpse white. Was this the enemy? A thousand red eyes floated in

the rising flames. He sees me. Beside him, a boy with a wolf’s face threw back his head and howled."

I've always felt that Jon would survive his injuries, and be saved by someone, most likely Ghost. My guess is that he won't even require a resurrection, but perhaps some fire magic healing similar to what Moqorro did to Victarion. I like that Melisandre could be the one to free Ghost. I also think Jon will warg Ghost for a chapter or two at minimum and exact some revenge. Wouldn't it be fun if Ghost travelled all the way to Winterfell while Jon was out and chewed on Ramsay or something :)

this is the full jon one

"whirling around each other as flaming arrows arced above a wooden wall and dead things shambled

silent through the cold, beneath a great grey cliff where fires burned inside a hundred caves. Then the

wind rose and the white mist came sweeping in, impossibly cold, and one by one the fires went out.

Afterward only the skulls remained.

Death, thought Melisandre. The skulls are death.

The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His

long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a

shadow half-seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again. But the

skulls were here as well, the skulls were all around him. Melisandre had seen his danger before, had

tried to warn the boy of it. Enemies all around him, daggers in the dark. He would not listen.

Unbelievers never listened until it was too late."

My bad, totally misremembered that one. Hmm it is a point for the wraging theory for sure.

The bran vision also shows him howling as a wolf as I recall. So the wolf association in her fires might just indicate a wrag as opposed to something more significant.

Hard to take seriously when you mangle your quotes so badly...

That's my style, take it or leave it. :)

My bad, totally misremembered that one. Hmm it is a point for the wraging theory for sure.

The bran vision shows him howling as a wolf as well if I recall. So the wolf in her fires might just indicate a wrag as opposed to something more significant like dying and reviving.

That's my style, take it or leave it. :)

it's okay long live he who doesn't forget

I shake my head every time one of these "he GOT BETTAH!" threads pop up. They're so full of wishful thinking and obvious denial.

He not dead bro. Arya knows.

it's okay long live he who doesn't forget

What do you think about the bran part when he is described as a howling wolf as well? might be the fires just show the starks children as associated with their wolves which is accurate.

Do we know what this means?

Archived