When Tyrion finds out that Aegon is going west

Nicklas Black

He says something like ''wow he took the bait'' or something like that..

First of all why whould he try to trick him?

At first i thought Aegon going to westeros was a pretty good idea, but now Tyrion confuses me..

What do you thing is Tyrion's end game?

He can't still be loyal to the Lannisters and he doesn't seem to be that invested in Dany's cause either..

Tyrion is loyal to himself, and his end game is Casterly Rock... The idea isn't overall bad but isn't the best one for Aegon, it's the best one for Tyrion... And that is why he believes Aegon took the bait...

Tyrion wants revenge on his sister. He wants Aegon to take the throne to punish her. He's also trying to raise a force to retake Casterly Rock.

So that was the bait?

I thought that he gave him bad advice on purpose for some reason..

And him taking Casterly Rock seems unlikely..

As much as i love the guy, i don't think any lord in westeros would want to have a dwarf as liege lord..

I really think perhaps too much is being made out of the word 'bait.' I think the assessment that Tyrion gave Young Griff or Aegon or Whoever, on Dany was spot on. I think at the time, Tyrion did want to return to Westeros, he was still pretty bitter and just looking for a way to muck up Cersei's life, but the advice and insight into Dany was spot on. I do think it's possible that if The Griffs had continued on their course to Dany, she might not have viewed him much differently than she did Quentyn. Okay, so he would have come with more sellswords, but she already had an army of a much larger size.

While Tyrion had personal motives about it, I think he was honest with Griff in his reasonings, IMO.

I really think perhaps too much is being made out of the word 'bait.' I think the assessment that Tyrion gave Young Griff or Aegon or Whoever, on Dany was spot on. I think at the time, Tyrion did want to return to Westeros, he was still pretty bitter and just looking for a way to muck up Cersei's life, but the advice and insight into Dany was spot on. I do think it's possible that if The Griffs had continued on their course to Dany, she might not have viewed him much differently than she did Quentyn. Okay, so he would have come with more sellswords, but she already had an army of a much larger size.

While Tyrion had personal motives about it, I think he was honest with Griff in his reasonings, IMO.

Exactly..

If we asume Tyrion's goal is CR and vengeance on Cercei, then Aegon's success is directly linked to Tyrion's..

But like you said the word ''bait'' probably did confuse a lot of us readers.. :P

Aegon and JonCon would complicate things for Tyrion when he meets Dany. It's not that Tyrion has any loyalty to the Targs, but he sees Dany and her dragons as the instrument he can use to get his vengence. He wants as much influence over her as possible, so he doesn't want them in his way.

Archived