Whites in cages?

Ice and fire freak

It's easy to second guess yourself sometimes in these books and one bit that often gets me is the part where Jon has a couple of bodies put in some ice cells to presumably learn about how they become white walkers,am I just dreaming this part up and if not did anything come of it?

Sorry for being a bit vague but I can't find it in the books.

Wight = ice zombies raised by the Others

White Walkers = the show's name for the Others

Confusing? Blame the show. They somehow thought you're not likely to confuse GoT with Lost than wights with White Walkers.

Thanks for that,I always thought I was missing something in the books as if there were two separate races or something,I guess this is from seeing the show first before reading the books.

Actually the show has had a few negatives on me esp with certain characters.

Confusing? Blame the show. They somehow thought you're not likely to confuse GoT with Lost than wights with White Walkers.

White Walkers appears in the books as well. The first time they're named old Nan calls them White Walkers.

Actually they're called White Walkers in the books too, as well as the Others, of course. Two names for the same thing.

Though it is funny that they tried to avoid confusion with a previous show (Others/Lost) only to unwillingly produce further and greater confusion with other popular show (Walkers/The Walking Dead).

edit: Ninja'd

White Walkers appears in the books as well. The first time they're named old Nan calls them White Walkers.

Actually they're called White Walkers in the books too, as well as the Others, of course. Two names for the same thing.

Yes I know, but it's used just the once (I think) by an old lady telling a story to a child. The name looks like a childish substitute to me, which is why the show annoys me.

Thanks for that,I always thought I was missing something in the books as if there were two separate races or something,I guess this is from seeing the show first before reading the books.

Actually the show has had a few negatives on me esp with certain characters.

And while you're at it, you can edit the thread title too as it is rather misleading. Whites = white people. Wights = zombies

Archived