If Robb had took KL...

Matoro

An interesting thought. If we assume Theon has still turned-cloak, Robb would likely head straight back North and banish the Ironmen from his lands, perhaps even going a step further and using the Manderly fleet to assault Pyke in retaliation.

Pyke is pretty much on the other side of the world, he'd have to go around the entirety of Westeros.

No way that happens.

Stannis will never agree for an Independent North. Much more, with Riverlands and the Vale joining in. War or Robb should bend the knee. will Robb do that? I'm not sure. I'm sure he'll do that if he was treating with Renly though.

Robb never would have declared independence if Ned hadn't died. Indeed, Robb never would've declared independence if the Greatjon hadn't hijacked the discussion at his war council. Declaring independence was not Robb's idea and he never would have done it if he hadn't been railroaded into it by his bannermen. If he takes KL, which is what this thread is about, he's going to give the IT to Stannis, because Stannis is Robert's rightful heir. And he'll be loyal to his new king.

Robb never would have declared independence if Ned hadn't died. Indeed, Robb never would've declared independence if the Greatjon hadn't hijacked the discussion at his war council. Declaring independence was not Robb's idea and he never would have done it if he hadn't been railroaded into it by his bannermen. If he takes KL, which is what this thread is about, he's going to give the IT to Stannis, because Stannis is Robert's rightful heir. And he'll be loyal to his new king.

Yet in order to take KL he has to get there and we know from the timeline Ned would be dead before he could get there so he'd be independent not a Stannis lackey.

Pyke is pretty much on the other side of the world, he'd have to go around the entirety of Westeros.

No way that happens.

We've seen a number of fleets move from Coast to Coast with relative ease so far in the series.

I don't think it would be that big of a stretch. That's not to say he'd want to do it after an already long campaign in the South. Also, they would likely need to dock in Lannisport for supplies, and I can't see that going down too well.

So the question in more whether or not he would manage to save his father
If he saved him, they would give the crown to Stannis and pledge fealty to him. Then Stannis would have to deal with his brother
As for the Greyjoys, they started a war against the Starks because the Starks had no alliances. If the whole kingdom standed beside them , Balon would sit tight in his islands

Archived