If Robb had took KL...

Matoro

Robb's initial plan was to go KL and free Ned, right?

If we suppose he got a decisive victory against Lannisters (possibly if the Vale would have joined him) and secured Riverlands, and then took King's Landing, what then? Whether Ned was still alive or not, the Seven Kingdoms had three claimants to IT and two rebel kings at the moment. Robb would probably made a peace with either Stannis or Renly, giving them IT and securing the inpedence of the North. Or would he still tought Joff as a rightful king (since Ned said so before his execution)?

He'd have executed the lannister's then left Stannis and Renly to duke it out over the thrown. If Ned was executed he'd be crowned and sit at Riverrun until a victor emerged between them and then he'd either fight them or make some kind of peace.

I'm assuming if he has the Vale then he doesn't need to send Theon and Balon wouldn't be stupid enough to attack the North if Robb has the Vale on his side and Tywin is dead.

He would put Stannis or Renly on the throne, and kill joffrey. If he is aware of the incest, maybe Jaime and Cercei, otherwise they stay alive. Maybe Tywin is free too, Robb is mad at Joffrey, not the regent.
Then Renly/Stannis decide what to do with the remaining Lannisters and other conspirator.

If Robb had took King's Landing we need to ask these questions first

1) He'll certainly kill Joffrey, but will he kill Myrcella and Tommen as well?

2) Will he stay in KL or will he leave it for the taking of either Renly or Stannis?

Killing Joff siblings would mean direct annihilation of supposed Robert's direct issue, that means completely legitimizing Stannis or Renly's claim. Renly will be assasinated, the Stormlords and many of the Reach will flocked over Stannis and a different Blackwater will occur. I'm sure it will be an epic clash since both Robb and Stannis are one of the best Commanders in Westerosi history.

But I imagined it Robb wont kill Tommen. He'll placed him to the throne, and with the support of the Vale and Riverlands, might be the Tyrells will join him too, and Dorne. The only challenge for a controled Tommen is who will Tywin supports? Both Stannis and Robb makes uncertain allies for him.

An interesting thought. If we assume Theon has still turned-cloak, Robb would likely head straight back North and banish the Ironmen from his lands, perhaps even going a step further and using the Manderly fleet to assault Pyke in retaliation.

If Theon stays true and the Iron Islands remain neutral, you could see a meeting between Stannis and Robb discussing the revelation of the Baratheon children as Lannister bastards (Stannis could show Robb the letter Eddard sent to Dragonstone, which would likely be enough to convince Robb). This would lead to Robb throwing support behind Stannis in return for independence. As to whether or not Stannis would agree to giving up the North, I don't think I could say.

An interesting thought. If we assume Theon has still turned-cloak, Robb would likely head straight back North and banish the Ironmen from his lands, perhaps even going a step further and using the Manderly fleet to assault Pyke in retaliation.

If Theon stays true and the Iron Islands remain neutral, you could see a meeting between Stannis and Robb discussing the revelation of the Baratheon children as Lannister bastards (Stannis could show Robb the letter Eddard sent to Dragonstone, which would likely be enough to convince Robb). This would lead to Robb throwing support behind Stannis in return for independence. As to whether or not Stannis would agree to giving up the North, I don't think I could say.

Stannis will never agree for an Independent North. Much more, with Riverlands and the Vale joining in. War or Robb should bend the knee. will Robb do that? I'm not sure. I'm sure he'll do that if he was treating with Renly though.

Execute Joffrey, Cersei, Jaime and maybe Tywin. Send Tyrion to the Wall or execute him, depending on how Sansa's death happened. Take Sansa's bones back to Winterfell and execute everybody involved in "punishing" her. Let Stannis and Renly duke it out over the useless chair in KL. Kick the ass of any army marching too close to the Riverlands. The South would lack the manpower to successfully attack Robb for at least a generation or the like and would probably disintegrate into three to five independent kingdoms.

Kick Mance Rayder's ass supporting Lord Commander Snow.

Have fun ruling the North, grow a bunch of kids and die aged 80.

Others excluded of course.

That's show :bs: , never happened in the books.

Well if Robb took KL he wouldn't have done anything as long as Ned was still alive. Ned would be the one calling the shots and seeing as he was intending to support Stannis, I'd say the North and Riverlanders would follow his command and help Stannis win the throne. But then it would be relatively easy. Stannis would sail from Dragonstone and it seems less likely that Renly would march on King's Landing, knowing the only person left to fight was his own older brother. Renly's cause was only justifiable because of the chaotic nature of the realm at the time. If the North weren't seceding then Renly would have to take KL and execute or banish Stannis for.....what? He'd have a difficult time justifying his position.

Once you hold the capital you don't give it up to anyone.

IIRC Machiavelli says something like, any king who makes another king's fortune for him as a gift is toast.

But what would Robb had done with KL? He won't want that ugly chair himself nor did he have any good northern claimant for it (suddenly, Jon Targaryen!). Probably he'd just said that every kingdom has its inpedence now and melted whole chair.

But what would Robb had done with KL? He won't want that ugly chair himself nor did he have any good northern claimant for it (suddenly, Jon Targaryen!). Probably he'd just said that every kingdom has its inpedence now and melted whole chair.

He didn't want the IT, but he wanted Joffrey's head, he would siege KL, but for that he needed Stannis or Renly, because he had no sea power

He didn't want the IT, but he wanted Joffrey's head, he would siege KL, but for that he needed Stannis or Renly, because he had no sea power

If the Vale has ships then he has his sea power and he only needs ships if he plans to starve the city out he doesn't need it for an assault. If the Vale declares Robb king just like the riverlords did then it doesn't matter what Stannis and Renly do they wouldn't be able to take on those three kingdoms.

Robb's initial plan was to go KL and free Ned, right?

If we suppose he got a decisive victory against Lannisters (possibly if the Vale would have joined him) and secured Riverlands, and then took King's Landing, what then? Whether Ned was still alive or not, the Seven Kingdoms had three claimants to IT and two rebel kings at the moment. Robb would probably made a peace with either Stannis or Renly, giving them IT and securing the inpedence of the North. Or would he still tought Joff as a rightful king (since Ned said so before his execution)?

He would probably declare independence and very likely get dragged into new wars by his warmongering bannermen.

If Ned were still alive when Robb took the city, Ned would have taken over command at that point. He then would have declared for Stannis. Joffrey and Tommen, if they weren't dead, would have to either go to the Wall or across the Narrow Sea.

If Ned were dead when Robb took the city, he would kill Joffrey and Cersei. I imagine Stannis would have told him about the incest, and Robb would have believed it, because it explains all of why the Lannisters tried to kill Bran and why they killed Ned. So then it's off to the Wall with Tommen.

Either way, if Robb takes KL Stannis almost certainly becomes king. The only way Stannis doesn't become king is if he does something majorly stupid to piss Robb off.

Archived