Azor Ahai

Dondarrion_Forever

(SPOILERS): THEORIES ON AZOR AHAI

So I recently had my Azor Ahai theory shot down after the death of one of my favorite characters, Beric Dondarrion. Prior to Dondarrion's death, did anyone else think he was Azor Ahai reborn?? I certainly did seeing as he is the only man who I believe could wield (and perhaps did??) Lightsbringer.

Also Beric's ability to resurrect himself is something of note, obviously.

I really, really wanted Beric to be Azor Ahai...

From Maester Aemon's words, we may be able to at least conclude that Stannis is NOT Azor Ahai because Aemon nots that his sword does not give bring forth heat.

According to ASOIAF wiki, those left in the running to be considered Azor Ahai are:

-Stannis... who I just don't think it is. Stannis is a unique character but not Azor Ahai material

- Daenerys... who Aemon died believing to be Azor Ahai "Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it." No doubt, the dragons prove something about Dany but I'm not sure what yet. Drogo definitely has the potential to be Nissa Nissa.

-Jon Snow... but our departure from Jon in ADWD has me more concerned for his welfare than his prophetic abilities... but he also has a Nissa Nissa in Ygritte.

-Prince Aegon Targaryen... who we have yet to see if he is "great" or "mad"

-Victarion Greyjoy...boo, I'm not a fan of the Greyjoy POV's...

-Rhaegar.... who it obviously is not.

BUT.... My theory now is that Beric Dondarrion's power as Azor Ahai has been transferred to Catelyn Stark, now Lady Stoneheart.

Any thoughts??

I can think of a ton of POVs I know that it is not, and I don't think it is Stannis or fAegon either. Beric is gone for good Cat is just a vengeful shell. For me, it has to be Jon or Dany. Or both. Or a collection of several people including them.

I can think of a ton of POVs I know that it is not, and I don't think it is Stannis or fAegon either. Pretty much Jon or Dany. Or both. Or a collection of several people including them.

Yeh, I think it will be a trinity at least. Jon Dany and somebody else. I don't think it will be clear who it is by the end and people will still debate who it was.

id like some information on how vic greyjoy fits

Because Moqorro took him to his cabin and did some weird magic and after a while Vic came out, reborn amidst the smoke of his wound and the salt of the sea? And because he killed his wife, just like AA did with Nissa Nissa? :dunno:

But here's the thing: if AA = TPTW, then the only candidates are Jon, Dany and Aegon (if he's real).

But like the OP I really wanted it to be Beric initially. Oh, well

Azor Ahai should be someone firmly established as a character within the first two books, if only for an effective plot arc. With that in mind, for me the only options for me are Jon and Daenerys, with maybe Davos Seaworth or Tyrion (?) as an outsider.

Or Bran. I think it would be a great surprise and dramatic coup if AA turned out to be someone without Targ blood.

After Brienne saves Jaime lannister and gives him back Oathkeeper, he travels back to kings landing where he puts it through cersei, when he pulls it out Oathkeeper becomes Lightbringer, then he jumps on his hoverboard and heads straight for the wall, where he uses his new powers to revive jon snow, then they both defeat the others with their combined lazer vision. simple stuff.

Because Moqorro took him to his cabin and did some weird magic and after a while Vic came out, reborn amidst the smoke of his wound and the salt of the sea? And because he killed his wife, just like AA did with Nissa Nissa? :dunno:

But here's the thing: if AA = TPTW, then the only candidates are Jon, Dany and Aegon (if he's real).

But like the OP I really wanted it to be Beric initially. Oh, well

Vic is prob gona die in the 6th book. GRRM said he is planning on killing off a lot of POV cause he has to many, Damp Hair will continue to tell the story of Euron and the Iron Islands.

I doubt he is AA

Bran has a Nissa Nissa (Meera), a sword, a birth amidst salt and smoke, and is taking BR's place as the last greenseer to protect the realms of men. He is a pretty likely candidate for Azor Ahai.

Apart from he's not a dragon, and every AA prophesy mentions a dragon.

I admit I was very skeptical of the idea that Jaime and Cersei are Targ twins via Aerys/Joanna but...after Jaime's conversation with (presumably) Joanna in the sept I'm gravitating toward it. I find the thought of him stripping Cersei of her 'lioness' title in her final moments before killing her with Ned's reforged sword to be beautifully poetic.

Archived