Azor Ahai

Dondarrion_Forever

TheMysteriousOne, on 26 Nov 2013 - 8:14 PM, said:snapback.png

I pretty much agree. I've always believed that if AA and the PTWP are real, then they are separate figures. I think that Jon is most likely the PTWP and Dany is most likely AA.

I agree, and to add it wouldn't surprise me if Bran was TLH. I believe the three of them would form the three heads of the dragon.

I believe AA, TPTWP and Last Hero are the 3 heads of the Dragon working in conjunction with each other. Dany is AA. Jon is TPTWP (Promise me Ned), Not sure on the Last Hero, probably Bran, maybe Tyrion or Davos

Exactly, Dany made the ultimate sacrifice she unwillingly sacrificed her own child.

Also, Melisandre says "When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

AA will be the one to awaken multiple dragons from stone not to be awoken from stone.

Finally, I think that the AA prophecy is about reincarnation not rebirth and twice Dany has dreamt that she is the reincarnation of Rheagar.

This point in red is excellent indeed. I've never thought of this before.

Why couldn't AAR be already died? Like, if he was Rhaegar? Not all propechies get fullfilled, like Rhaego being the Stallion Who Mounts the World. Rhaegar was destined to defend the realm from Long Winter, but then Robert killed him and Westeros is doomed to eternal winter. Good job, Baratheons!

I think Azor Ahai may be Jaime, using Oathkeeper +/- Widow's Wail (Ice reforged).

Jaime may well be Aerys' son by Joanna (his Aunt Genna says, TYRION is Tywin's son, perhaps implying Jaime is not), and Aerys fancied Joanna. He thus would have king's blood and also be a dragon.

Jaime first quenches his sword in Cersei's breast (2nd quenching after its first time in water after it's made) - this for after all of her infidelities, and mocking betrayal/abandonment of him plus the evil/chaos that he eventually recognizes as her legacy. She is a Lion(ess). And he is a Valonqar.

Finally, Brienne offers herself as the final sacrifice. Brienne is the one character that has always stuck to doing what is right. Jaime and Brienne are coming to love one another in a true but also pure sort of way (Kingsguard and a Paladin-type). This would fulfill Jaime's arc of redemption. It would also fulfill brienne's arc from being a dumb follower of chivalry to a place of wisdom and meaningful sacrifice.

And, it would be "bittersweet". It would also defeat many of the fantasy tropes that GRRM seems intent on deconstructing. We all hated Jaime at the beginning. He is now one of my favorite characters because he is trying so hard to do what is right. It would also explain why Brienne has so much time in the books :-)

This point in red is excellent indeed. I've never thought of this before.

Thank you. I just occurred to me that be it one or one hundred, one of the deeds that AAR will need to perform is to awake dragons from stone.

Also, when Mel says:

A kings blood. Only a kings blood can wake the stone dragon.

She is talking to Stannis who she already believes is AAR, so she is not referring to awakening AAR from stone. She wants to raise dragons from stone in order to fight the war.

Thank you. I just occurred to me that be it one or one hundred, one of the deeds that AAR will need to perform is to awake dragons from stone.

Also, when Mel says:

A kings blood. Only a kings blood can wake the stone dragon.

She is talking to Stannis who she already believes is AAR, so she is not referring to awakening AAR from stone. She wants to raise dragons from stone in order to fight the war.

Yes. This particular quote by Melisandre may not be exactly related to AA at all. This is just her understanding of King's blood and the power it may hold.

I pretty much agree. I've always believed that if AA and the PTWP are real, then they are separate figures. I think that Jon is most likely the PTWP and Dany is most likely AA.

Dany is not a warrior fighter. She doesn't do things on her own, other do the dirty work and she takes the credit.

Also there is this small detail. The fact that GRRM pretty much said that AAR=TPTWP.

Dany is not a warrior fighter. She doesn't do things on her own, other do the dirty work and she takes the credit.

Also there is this small detail. The fact that GRRM pretty much said that AAR=TPTWP.

Dany riding Drogon = warrior . And that religion video the GRRM quote is from is very unclear if he's talking about what Mel believes, or if its a fact. I doubt he would spoil something like that in an interview.

Dany riding Drogon = warrior . And that religion video the GRRM quote is from is very unclear if he's talking about what Mel believes, if its a fact. I doubt he would spoil something like that in an interview.

Dany no sword no warrior. Of course you know better than the author.

Yes. This particular quote by Melisandre may not be exactly related to AA at all. This is just her understanding of King's blood and the power it may hold.

Indeed, I don't think they were discussing AAR in this instance. However, the quote provides the clue the whomever AAR is, they are of royal blood.

Drogon could certainly be seen as a sword of fire. And none of us know, that's why were discussing it.

So, someone could handle Dragon by his tail and swing him? I don't think so. Drogon is an entity of his own, he may not be very inteligent but he has some inteligence. Is a tool, but a living tool.

Since the author said so, to disagree with the author is at least pointless.

So, someone could handle Dragon by his tail and swing him? I don't think so. Drogon is an entity of his own, he may not be very inteligent but he has some inteligence. Is a tool, but a living tool.

Since the author said so, to disagree with the author is at least pointless.

We can't swing Night's Watch either. Will you by the same argument rule that out as well, in case Jon is AAR? If we're considering metaphors for Lightbringer, dragons can count as much as Night's Watch can.

Drogon could certainly be seen as a sword of fire. And none of us know, that's why were discussing it.

This - if Dany is AAR then Drogon is her Lightbringer. You don't have to have an actual sword to be considered a warrior.

We can't swing Night's Watch either. Will you by the same argument rule that out as well, in case Jon is AAR? If we're considering metaphors for Lightbringer, dragons can count as much as Night's Watch can.

This too.

The problem is that when Drogon is a leaving breathing monster creature, NW is not. So NW can be *handled*, Drogon no.

Fighting means to do something. Dany is not fighting, Drogon is fighting.

The problem is that when Drogon is a leaving breathing monster creature, NW is not. So NW can be *handled*, Drogon no.

Fighting means to do something. Dany is not fighting, Drogon is fighting.

Lightbringer was actually forged with sacrifice, in case of dragons, the sacrifice of Drogo and Rhaego (and maybe the horse) is pretty clear. What parallel will you draw in case of NW? Or in case of Longclaw?

Also, Drogon can be pretty well handled, hell Dany can do it without the Dragonhorn. A man and a sword parallel a man and a dragon much better than a man and an organisation. (I'm not saying I'm sure it's Dany, but I'm not sure it's Jon either. A case can be made for both)

And when you fight is it you who is fighting or the sword? So if Dany is controlling Drogon, it's actually her who is doing the fighting.

Archived