The second coming of Azor Ahai?

King of Winters

I was looking through my R.E revision sheets and I read something that I thought could be similar to AA in certain ways.

One of the significances of Jesus' resurrection that some Christians believe that he didn't rise literally but by them continuing his good work he is with them. And St Paul said that resurrection was a spiritual thing.

So going by this I keep thinking more and more that maybe AA is not one person but a series of people that work together, or alone, to try and unite Westeros and maybe bring balance to the seasons. Since you could use the "Jesus is in all of us" thing as the AA "power" being in multiple people with the power to change Westeros

I'm not 100% sure if AA is one person or multiple people, but the notes I read just seemed good parallels for AA.

The dragon has 3 heads

Agreed - I believe all these prophesies tie together. I've said it before the War for Dawn will be fought and won by many people and there will be a core group of leaders which these prophesies have announced.

On the other, I would hate it if it turned to be a lot of people doing a lot of the things mentioned in the prophecy, full cop-out to me.

Yes, I'd prefer it is AA was just one person and not multiple, but I think there is evinced for both.

Agreed - I believe all these prophesies tie together. I've said it before the War for Dawn will be fought and won by many people and there will be a core group of leaders which these prophesies have announced.

That's the way I see it to. I don't feel this is the kind of story that will all come down to one person.

That's the way I see it to. I don't feel this is the kind of story that will all come down to one person.

I think this should be recognize as the direction the story is going - hasn't GRRM said something to the effect that he doesn't like the One True Hero story type?

I think this should be recognize as the direction the story is going - hasn't GRRM said something to the effect that he doesn't like the One True Hero story type?

I have heard him say all of his characters are the heroes of their own story. Whether that applies to someone like Cersei for example, I don't know.

Me, too. I just don't see how one heroic individual could defeat the Others and armies of wights. Of course, it could be something like Frodo destroying the ring or the Manhattan Project making an atomic bomb...

Maybe an isolated individual or group will mobilize people or powerful forces. There will be important people doing important work in various places, I think. If we take the word "sword" and read it more broadly as "weapon," I think that the weapon needs to be infused with life in some way. But there may not be one literal sword wielded by one person who uses his one Nissa Nissa to temper the blade.

Me, too. I just don't see how one heroic individual could defeat the Others and armies of wights. Of course, it could be something like Frodo destroying the ring or the Manhattan Project making an atomic bomb...

Maybe an isolated individual or group will mobilize people or powerful forces. There will be important people doing important work in various places, I think. If we take the word "sword" and read it more broadly as "weapon," I think that the weapon needs to be infused with life in some way. But there may not be one literal sword wielded by one person who uses his one Nissa Nissa to temper the blade.

Exactly, this was one of the themes of Dany and Jon's arcs in ADWD that as a leader you can't do everything on your own because it won't turn out right. You need the help of others.

As for the prophesies - as you mentioned - they not going to be too literal. Lightbringer cam be anything from the dragons to the Nights Watch or both.

ETA: I believe the idea of multiple people fulfilling the prerequisites to fulfill the prophesies is not a red herring (like some believe) but that it suppose to be that way, that we need many heroes.

Archived